Can't scroll around lots? Windows 10
#1 11-04-2016 
  • Registered
Hello,

Thank you for your threads about Windows 10. I've already downloaded and installed your Intel video card files, and they fixed the first problem I was having (funny shadows around items).

Now I have the problem of not being able to scroll around my screen. I can use the arrows to rotate and the +/- to zoom in/out, but nothing happens when I move my mouse to the edge of the screen. I know it's been a lot of years since I played this game, but I am pretty sure it's supposed to let me scroll around my lots and such.

I'm using a new laptop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I have only installed the base game from DVD so far. I am thinking about the EPs - I have like 17 more CDs of EPs and Stuff Packs on the shelf. LOL

Attached is my config-log
.txt  LAPTOP-TLHGMOTU-config-log.txt (Size: 9.2 KB / Downloads: 480)

#2 11-04-2016 
@kimbalaya: are you playing in full screen or windowed mode? Because the screen-edge scroll works only in full screen mode.
If you're already playing in full screen, then something is wrong which I do not know how to fix, alas.

But until someone comes up with a fix, you could try holding the right mouse button while dragging your mouse in the direction you want to scroll. Or you could use the cursor keys. Those two methods *should* work in *all* modes.

#3 11-04-2016 
@kimbalaya
Edge Scrolling needs two thing to be able to do it...

1. Like Boiling Oil Says - you need to be in Full Screen mode. You can't edge scroll without it.
2. In-game, the option 'Game Options' (it looks like 2 gears) - The Top right hand option is 'Edge Scrolling' - that needs to be turned on.

If you're not able to edge scroll - the likelihood is that one or both of things is not happening.

#4 12-04-2016 
  • Registered
(11-04-2016 01:14 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  2. In-game, the option 'Game Options' (it looks like 2 gears) - The Top right hand option is 'Edge Scrolling' - that needs to be turned on.

Well, duh. I should have known it would be something simple like that. LOL Thanks!

Now I get to research the "black box under the Sims' feet" graphical thing. I got the other graphic errors fixed with the downloads like I mentioned before. But there's a black box under my Sims' feet.

#5 12-04-2016 
#6 12-04-2016 
  • Registered
(12-04-2016 07:13 AM)leefish Wrote:  @kimbalaya try this thread : http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6880

That worked. Thanks!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option