Install Sims2 on Windows 10
#11 25-09-2016 
  • Registered
Okay I followed the directions and added this line: card 0x6837 "AMD Radeon R7 240" to the Video Card.sgr file under the 1002 vendor. Double checked that it was saved correctly, opened the game and then closed it, checked log file and it still said not found in database. I went back to the video card sgr file and when I opened it to check, it had removed the line of text I had put in there. Tried again, same thing, it keeps removing the line of text from the sgr file.

Any suggestions?

#12 25-09-2016 
That is a new one. Are you running the game as admin? Like, you start the exe with admin rights?

#13 25-09-2016 
If it's not found, it's because it's getting the video card.sgr file from a different location.

What's your folder setup like? I know you said that you have UC - do you have a 'Fun with Pets' folder in there?

#14 26-09-2016 
  • Registered
(25-09-2016 04:32 PM)leefish Wrote:  That is a new one. Are you running the game as admin? Like, you start the exe with admin rights?

(25-09-2016 05:03 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  If it's not found, it's because it's getting the video card.sgr file from a different location.

What's your folder setup like? I know you said that you have UC - do you have a 'Fun with Pets' folder in there?

Yep I'm running the game as admin, and I got it to play but I cannot run it in windowed mode - I found out - because that makes not only the screen black but you can't cntrl alt del out of it. So I ran it in full screen but as soon as I get to neighborhood I get the black screen and I have to keep hitting cntrl alt del to get out of it to see the neighborhood and click on it. I was able to get all the way into one sims house finally, but I go through this every time I load the game.

I have just sims 2 deluxe DVD loaded at this time because I wanted to make sure it would load before I added any ep's. Should I try loading University, fun with pets, open for bus, seasons etc.?

#15 27-09-2016 
Hello, luckily the black screen problem has an easy fix (in my experience anyway). Simply set the compatibility for the game to Windows 7 (right click shortcut, troubleshoot compatibility, select 'it worked in previous versions' and choose 7) and it should load fine.

#16 28-09-2016 
  • Registered
(27-09-2016 05:27 PM)TheDarkLady Wrote:  Hello, luckily the black screen problem has an easy fix (in my experience anyway). Simply set the compatibility for the game to Windows 7 (right click shortcut, troubleshoot compatibility, select 'it worked in previous versions' and choose 7) and it should load fine.

Thank you that seems to have fixed the black screen issue. I was running xp sp 2 based on the win 8 install instructions. Now.... the real trick is when I install the other ep's. Fingers crossed it works. I'll post back after I test out university.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option