Can't place empty lots in empty custom neighborhood.
#1 26-12-2016 
I'm not sure how to fix this. I keep trying to place empty lots (with NOTHING) on the in certain parts of the custom neighborhood I downloaded and it won't allow me to do so. There aren't any hood decos like trees, etc. in the way, or other lots for that instance.

Don't know what to do. The plans I have for my hood will be messed up if I can't place them.

I have TS2UC if that's important info..

#2 26-12-2016 
Is the terrain possibly the problem? have you tried the cheats to flatten it? I am sorry I forgot the particular cheats, but perhaps that would work.

#3 26-12-2016 
@tictactoe

The likelihood is that Gayars is correct.

Could you show us a picture of your hood and where you are trying to place the lot?

#4 26-12-2016 
(26-12-2016 05:16 AM)gayars Wrote:  Is the terrain possibly the problem? have you tried the cheats to flatten it? I am sorry I forgot the particular cheats, but perhaps that would work.

Just tried it (the 'modifyneighborhoodterrain' cheat) and the areas I am having problems with would not respond to the cheat. The areas would be highlighted in red each time.

(26-12-2016 05:33 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @tictactoe

The likelihood is that Gayars is correct.

Could you show us a picture of your hood and where you are trying to place the lot?

The screenshot is attached. The red areas won't respond to the cheat or any placement of empty lots, no matter the size; the purple bits means just that specific area is the problem.

[Image: 73p952.png]

I haven't tried decorating the rest of the neighborhood yet because this area is my main focus for now.

#5 26-12-2016 
Could using the lot adjuster have caused it? Those look like rather small areas. What custom hood is it?

#6 26-12-2016 
I had a problem like this before. Turns out it was because I had placed some 'hood deco on those spots, and removed it but it hadn't cleared properly. The solution was to load any other lot, save it, and go back to the 'hood. Dunno if it'll work in your case but it's worth a shot.

#7 26-12-2016 
@tictactoe

OK. Lets start with simple testing.

1. Move all your lots away from this area so it's clear. Just onto another road, not into the bin. That will take away the chance that it is an 'interaction with other lots' problem. Go into one of the lots that have been moved. That will reset the hood deco flags (a la fansee's post)
2. Get a 1x1 lot, and attempt to place it on the problem spots.
3. If it places - Yay!. Place some more 1x1 lots until all the road spots are covered - this does a few things - 1. It checks if there are any spots that are problematic in and of themselves. 2. It flattens and makes the land there uniform, so if it is a terrain shape problem, it will correct it.
4. Remove all the test lots, and try placing the size lot that you want in the problem area. If it places, Yay.
5. Try to move back your decorated lots to where they were. If they do move back - Yay. Problem resolved.

Step 3 doesn't Place. There's something invisible there that is stopping the placement of lots. Do check via Hood Deco to make sure there isn't a hood deco marker there. It may be a portal too.
The easiest way to resolve this, first with the deco - is to install a 'Hood deco is allowed on lots' hack. That way even if it is invisible it'll be ignored.
Sara M Kirk's Neighborhood decorations can be placed anywhere.
Then go back and try again

Step 4 doesn't Place - there is something wrong with the terrain, or there is something invisible there that is away from the road. If it's something invisible - using the hood deco placed anywhere hack could fix it. If there is something wrong with the terrain.... Not sure how to fix it.

Step 5 doesn't Place - there's something wrong with the already decorated lots.

If the above doesn't help this is what I'd do -

1. Make a copy of your hood and go hide it somewhere safe.
2. Create a new hood in the same game using the EA 'Sample' terrain - that terrain is flat and boring. Just what we need. Also it has no hood deco.
3. Use Mootilda's Hood Replacer to copy the terrain only across -
Untick Trees, Decorations and Lots. - So just the roads, bridges and terrain is copied over.
4. try placing empty lots on the spots where you want them.

If they still don't place - it's the terrain - Choose a new terrain.

#8 27-12-2016 
(26-12-2016 05:57 AM)gayars Wrote:  Could using the lot adjuster have caused it? Those look like rather small areas. What custom hood is it?

Never used that before. The custom hood is called 'Black Mesa' from MTS: modthesims.info/d/478837

(26-12-2016 06:12 AM)fanseelamb Wrote:  I had a problem like this before. Turns out it was because I had placed some 'hood deco on those spots, and removed it but it hadn't cleared properly. The solution was to load any other lot, save it, and go back to the 'hood. Dunno if it'll work in your case but it's worth a shot.
Tried this and it didn't work. Removed some signs near the hood/road - same luck. I already had the Hood Deco place anywhere mod installed, so it might just be the terrain like @celebkiriedhel suggested :/

I got to step 5, and the issue is that even when I first started building this neighborhood with empty lots only these problems were happening. I will try hoodreplace but I think the terrain might be faulty.

#9 27-12-2016 
I just double checked the placing of lots, and where you have things marked in red I had no issue. This is all maxis default lots. Are you using custom lots? Like sunnyside lots? Or some other template?

#10 28-12-2016 
Could you try deleting your neighborhood manager? If it isn't a problem with the actual hood, your folder/neighborhood manager may have gotten corrupted.

Sorry, that is a members only option