Pollination Technician on Campus
#21 28-08-2018 
@Pizzatron-9000 : Knowledgey-Sciencey sims may -- as you call it -- not be very affectionate, but they DO care about woohoo. A LOT even. If someone likes them enough to try seducing them, they're always willing unless the chemistry is totally wrong. And they don't at all mind seducing someone who doesn't seduce THEM. In fact, some -- nay MOST -- of my Science-loving, Knowledge-aspiring sims are much more horny than the sluttiest Romance sims. The only difference is, Romance sims get more aspiration points from their bedroom activities.

But since when is a Robot station for Science? I thought it was much more of a Mechanics-Tinkering thing!

@lordtyger9 : I'm happy you're enjoying my alien crew Smile

#22 28-08-2018 
(28-08-2018 10:38 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Ahh glad that your Sim is OK. I really hate when something is wrong with one of the lots and it won't load, but at least the game loaded. It is worse when the game won't load for some reason.
I'm wondering if BoilingOil's "No Sim Loaded" mod had anything to do with the errant Pollination Technician going away, or if he just naturally went away when Benne moved off the lot and the lot was cleared of all nonplayable Sims. I have No Sim Loaded installed too. Thanks, BO. Smile

(28-08-2018 10:38 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I like your screen shots and I dearly love Alien Sims. I have a large number of them courtesy of CAS and a custom Neighborhood called Sedona.
Alien Sims are neat; I have another mod where men and women can both become pregnant with alien babies if they're abducted by a UFO, so I have quite a few aliens in my neighborhood (mostly thanks to my UFO-summoning Knowledge Sims). Smile

My only complaint about the Alien life state is that aliens are pretty much regular Sims with different eyes and different skin; they don't really have any advantages or disadvantages compared to other Sims.

Vampires? They never age (unless you're putting them through college), they get a "Bleh!" interaction to intimidate (and sharply deplete the Bladder Needs) of any Sims they don't like and they can fly over low objects in bat form, but leave them in the daylight for too long and they catch a fatal case of sunburn.

Werewolves? They rarely need to sleep because of the massive Energy recharge at sunset, they get a "Grrr!" interaction to intimidate Sims and make them pee themselves (like "Bleh!" does), and you can save money on burglar alarms because your werewolves can hammer the burglars into submission themselves; too bad werewolves are invariably Grouchy and Sloppy (and if they weren't that way before, they will be soon), they eat a lot and they'll empty your refrigerators in short order. Also, werewolves like to Howl. They Howl a lot. Knowledge Sims aren't all that bothered by howling werewolves, but everyone else tends to roll up "[Werewolf Sim] Howls" as Fears instead of Wants. Back in a now-deleted thread on That Other Sims Site, I told the story of how my first werewolf (whom I'd raised from childhood) joined the Tri-Fruhm Sorority, made lots of friends there, Savaged Stella Terrano, Savaged Monica Bratford, Savaged Elizabeth Ng (whom I'd sent to college) and Savaged Lainey Barthalet (ditto), and then I sent all of my werewolves on a vacation to Hoar Mountain (another Mountain vacation hood that I created because Three Lakes only has so much space for vacation homes, and Sims always want to buy vacation homes...) with Sarah Love, DJ Verse and Sienna Oakmoor (another Pizzatron-created college girl), all three of them completely normal and all three of them from the same Tri-Fruhm Sorority as the werewolves. By the end of seven days, Sarah Love's Aspiration was deep red from all the werewolf howls fulfilling all of her howl-related Fears, and she was getting frequent visits from the Therapist whenever she wasn't cradling a sack of flour in her arms, and DJ and Sienna weren't doing much better. And despite my best efforts to keep the werewolves busy all night, it's very hard to monitor five werewolves every second. So all three non-werewolves came back completely miserable and Red to Deep Red in Aspiration; the werewolves, on the other hand, had the best vacation ever: Platinum and Gold Aspirations all around. Big Grin

Witches? Oh, man...all kinds of superpowers in the form of spells (with differing power sets depending on if they're good, evil or somewhere in between), and the most powerful Good or Evil witches can create wondrous thrones which refill all of a witch's Needs (unless the witch is of the opposite morality; their needs get drained instead of replenished, and Neutral witches can use any witch throne they want). Do witches even have weaknesses? I don't think they do!

Bigfoots/Bigfeet/whatever? You go to a Mountain vacation lot (such as Three Lakes), you find them in the woods, you befriend them, you invite them into your family a la "Harry and the Hendersons," and you get a burglar-scaring, Bigfoot-Hug-giving machine with a handsome set of Skills and Talent Badges! On the other hand, their Hygiene tends to drop quickly, they can't have children and you really have to work at keeping your Bigfoots happy; you do not want a Bigfoot getting angry, throwing a tantrum and tearing up half your house!

Zombies? Like vampires, they never age (again, college years being the one exception); unlike vampires, zombies' Hygiene depletes pretty quickly, they can't ever Try for Babies, and no matter what their Personalities and Hobby ranks are, they can never skip, jog nor run. Zombies are pretty decrepit and they're probably the most challenging life state to play. But as a side benefit, Cowplants aren't too keen on devouring zombies and may just spit the zombie right back out. Your half-decayed nastiness could save your life...undeath...whatever!

But if aliens do have any alternate game mechanics that I've overlooked, I'm all ears. If nothing else, aliens are cool to look at. One of my college alumni happens to be the aforementioned Stella Terrano, formerly just an Alien and now an Alien/Werewolf, after being Savaged by one of her friends (Jolene Lupina, who earned her lycanthropy the hard way: befriending an alpha wolf and playing with it). Stella's exceptionally cool to look at while she's wolfed out, with the werewolf's yellow irises appearing on the alien's pool-of-blackness eyeballs. I should take a screenshot of that sometime! Smile

(28-08-2018 10:44 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  @Pizzatron-9000 : Knowledgey-Sciencey sims may -- as you call it -- not be very affectionate, but they DO care about woohoo. A LOT even. If someone likes them enough to try seducing them, they're always willing unless the chemistry is totally wrong. And they don't at all mind seducing someone who doesn't seduce THEM. In fact, some -- nay MOST -- of my Science-loving, Knowledge-aspiring sims are much more horny than the sluttiest Romance sims. The only difference is, Romance sims get more aspiration points from their bedroom activities.
True; I suppose it all boils down to Chemistry and maybe Shy-versus-Outgoing and/or Serious-versus-Playful. Aspirations may count too; Family Sims, being monogamous sorts, aren't very big on sowing their wild oats.

But it's true, Chemistry does make a big difference. One of my college graduates has Vampires and Zombies for her Turn-Ons, so she doesn't get a whole lot of action. My neighborhood has vampires, and my neighborhood has zombies (though they're all limited to Sim State University right now). But my neighborhood has zero Vampire/Zombies, so Necryl's passions continue to elude complete fulfillment. But then, one out of two isn't bad, and if not for her, two of my five college zombies wouldn't have ever been WooHooed at all! Confused

[Image: TS2-SamAndNecryl.jpg]
...yeah, there's a repugnant thought. I named her "Necryl Disgustley" for a good reason. Tongue

[Image: TS2-MaryOnTheSnowyBeach.jpg]
I should probably get around to making the Zombies household graduate from college one of these days. The only problem which makes that prospect a wee bit scary is that their ruin of a house is the home of the Zee-Zed-Zulu Greek House, and if all five of those zombies graduate and move off-campus, then Zee-Zed-Zulu will cease to exist. I put a lot of work into that crumbly old house, too.

(And yes, I added a beach lot to Three Lakes. Who says you can't go sunbathing when it's snowing outside? Well...okay, the snow itself says you can't, actually. If the sand's covered with snow, you can't build sand castles, comb for seashells or sunbathe. All you can do is build snowmen and make snow angels. And snow angels suck. Tongue )

(28-08-2018 10:44 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  But since when is a Robot station for Science? I thought it was much more of a Mechanics-Tinkering thing!
Ever since I got this mod from Neder. It turns robot stations into Science objects and toymaking stations into Tinkering objects. It makes sense to me; robotics engineering is pretty well within the domain of science (and it's a pretty big leap from restoring a car to building a roverbot), and building a water toy is more advanced than simple Arts & Crafts. Making the toy station a Tinkering object is also nice for Tinkering Sims who want to craft something yet aren't well-heeled enough to buy a bunch of restorable cars. Plus, let's face it: The model train leaves something to be desired, even if it is better than making Sims stick their screwdrivers into televisions all the time. And like Neder says, it's not like Arts & Crafts doesn't already have a truckload of hobby objects anyway. Smile
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2018 02:22 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#23 28-08-2018 
I don't think that my NSL is directly responsible for that PT disappearing off the lot. But if his presence was caused by a certain amount of other corrupting factors on that lot, the NSL might be indirectly responsible by removing those other factors. I'm usually not the proud and arrogant type, but I do dare to be so audacious as to think that, as far as automatic corruption-prevention and -deletion is involved, my NSL is the most valuable mod out there.

Anyway, I'm happy with every note of appreciation for this mod that I get from users. Big Grin

On the chemistry front, I would add that I wasn't even talking about JUST the turn-ons and turn-offs. There is much more to it, of course. But I suppose you are aware of that.
But yeah, having both vampire AND zombie as turn-ons is very restricting. I don't know if it's even possible to combine those two traits into a single sim.

Andf about your complaint of Aliens not having any special traits beyond their looks, I agree completely. All other so-called "supernaturals" have some (dis-)ability that sets them apart. But not so for the aliens... The only "specialty" that they usually have, is that they have only ONE sim parent, and that parent is most likely (though not necessarily) a Knowledge type. Very minimal, really...

(28-08-2018 01:49 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Ever since I got this mod from Neder.

Ah, well THAT seems to make a teeny tiny bit of sense, I think... Hehehe. So, ehhrrmm, thanks for that link. Now I'll have to figure out if that conflicts with some of the other enthusiasm mods I have in my game...

#24 28-08-2018 
(28-08-2018 02:16 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I don't think that my NSL is directly responsible for that PT disappearing off the lot. But if his presence was caused by a certain amount of other corrupting factors on that lot, the NSL might be indirectly responsible by removing those other factors. I'm usually not the proud and arrogant type, but I do dare to be so audacious as to think that, as far as automatic corruption-prevention and -deletion is involved, my NSL is the most valuable mod out there.
Today, after Benne summoned another UFO, I was reminded that I have an installed mod which adds several new Pollination Technicians. The UFO spat her out and she had memories of meeting and WooHooing with "Emperor Xilvei" (or something like that), along with the "I just WooHooed" heart whirling over her head. And when Benne pulled out her cell phone and tried to call Emperor Whatever, she dropped the action and froze. Fortunately, I already had a Batbox on the lot, so I switched to Sanguine, used the Batbox to Force Errors on the lot, and Benne was free again.

So the "new PTs" mod was probably something half-baked, and it's probably causing a conflict somewhere. It may be worth noting that Benne — being the product of a UFO abduction and the union between Doctor Malevolence and a Pollination Technician — got the cutscene where her father (Doctor Mal, in this case) showed up just long enough to drop her off at college, hug her and drive off. Maybe something caused her other parent — the vanilla-game Pollination Technician — to see her off to her first day at college as well?

(28-08-2018 02:16 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  On the chemistry front, I would add that I wasn't even talking about JUST the turn-ons and turn-offs. There is much more to it, of course. But I suppose you are aware of that.
But yeah, having both vampire AND zombie as turn-ons is very restricting. I don't know if it's even possible to combine those two traits into a single sim.
I think it's possible, but I definitely wouldn't try putting a vampire/zombie through college. I've put vampires through college, and every time a Final Exam comes up (almost always in the daytime), I have to Run/Skip/Stalk/Fly the vampire to the very end of the sidewalk where Sims disappear when they go to class — with the vampire burning in the sun all the while — and once the exam's over, I have to cancel the arrive action (since I have a mod which makes Sims entering the lot walk all the way to the mailbox so they don't clog up the "portals" on either end of the sidewalk) and Run/Skip/Stalk/Fly the vampire back inside before he or she dies.

I'm also putting those five zombies through college. One of them (Bobby Styx, the zombie with the pompadour and the letterman jacket) is a Fitness hobbyist, and extremely Active. But even he can't run; no matter how many times I try to use the "Run Here" command, he always does the same zombie shuffle. So while most of my Sims can wait sixty or ninety minutes after the Final Exam starts before they take off running, zombies don't have that luxury; as soon as the bubble says "You have one hour until the Final Exam, don't be late!", that means "Get your zombies shuffling off to the Final Exam now, or they'll miss it and get put on Academic Probation (unless they're already on Academic Probation, in which case they get expelled)."

So I imagine that, unless vampire/zombies get the speedy Fly and Stalk moves that any other vampire gets (though Stalk only results in running if your Sim has to move through three rooms or so), then a vampire/zombie Sim will burn up well before reaching the first Final Exam halfway through the Freshman year.

I did have one of my vampires turn into a vampire/plantsim once after spraying too many bugs in her garden, and that was rough! Plantsims need sunlight to fill their Sunlight need, but sunlight kills vampires. It's a recipe for disaster! The only way around it is to put an ultraviolet light over your Sim's coffin, and ultraviolet lights aren't cheap. It wasn't long at all before my vampire/plantsim was calling Tiffany Zarubin over to buy a bottle of Plantophic-C and going back to what she was before. Then she invested in a lot of ladybug houses for her gardens after that. Tongue

(Did I forget to mention the pros and cons of PlantSims back there? My mistake. Their happiness spores are nice, and so are their fewer Needs. But I swear, if I'm not making my PlantSims shower and stand out in the sun constantly, they're miserable. If you play a plantsim, you also have to pay attention to your house's shadow and keep your plantsims out of it; the game is a stickler about leaving plantsims in the shade all day, and your Sunlight Need will be deep red by the next morning. I don't like playing plantsims very much.)

(28-08-2018 02:16 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Andf about your complaint of Aliens not having any special traits beyond their looks, I agree completely. All other so-called "supernaturals" have some (dis-)ability that sets them apart. But not so for the aliens... The only "specialty" that they usually have, is that they have only ONE sim parent, and that parent is most likely (though not necessarily) a Knowledge type. Very minimal, really...
I guess if a Family Sim can't find a spouse, a telescope is a passable substitute. They just have to spend plenty of time on the telescope, that's all. Wink
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2018 03:15 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#25 29-08-2018 
Various bits here in response:

I have a couple of mods besides BO's Multi-PT Mod that affect the Abductions from twojeffs Abductions - Higher Odds.package and I also have Cyjon's CJ-NoAlienSexism.package

"Higher Odds of Alien Abductions - Ver 2.0 (1/14/06)
By twojeffs

Compatible with: All Versions

Upped the overall odds of being abducted. Odds start at nearly zero, but increase continuously the longer the sim stargazes. Odds are reset every time a sim stargazes (they don't carry over to the next night, and will reset if you stop and restart stargazing). Knowledge sims have a higher chance of being abducted than non-knowledge sims."

In this case I do wish I had SimPE in order to find out more detail about the odds and the odds progression.

The combo seems to work well, I have had female sims come back being pregnant and knowledge sims as well as others get abducted more often. Seems to work fine with the Multi-PT Mod from what I can tell, Jason Greenman go abducted and had twins lol. Jason's son by Rose go abducted as well, he is the one that can kick the can Scorpio Knowledge Sim.

I tend to make my Alien Sims live longer than normal, so in game I am thinking of giving them some story line thing. Otherwise I just find them Hilarious with the entire Alien Abduction thing going on and I love the look of them once I have used some plastic surgery on them. lol

With Vampires:
There is a Mod that will help when playing Vampires: it is by Carrigon called VampireDaytimeHackOFB.package also I have Monique's MQ_Vampire_Indoors_Decay_Hack.package

Also you can use twojeff's College Adjuster to change the time that the Final will take place.

Also there is a set of special careers for Vampires: on MTS by FennShysa: MTS_FennShysa_671871_VampireFriendlyCareers.rar, MTS_FennShysa_847846_VampireFriendlySeasons.rar and I think that there is a set for FT but I don't have that so I can't say for sure.

Currently I have no Zombies and I have no playable Vampires.

I am finding that playing Rose Greenman is easy and fun. I did download a mod to make her have normal hair as a Plant Sim, poifectly_poiple's NoMoreLeafyHair one has to change them to normal and then back to Plant Sim for which I used The Sim Manipulator.

#26 29-08-2018 
*takes a brisk stroll through his Downloads folder*

Yeah, I have MQ_Vampire_Indoors_Decay_hack.package too. I have so many vampires that the mod is well worth the download. As long as they don't stray out of their dark, looming manors or their stony crypts during the daylight hours, they can sleep in beds if they want to! Beds are more comfy than coffins anyway. But I do like the howling good spectacles of vampires getting into and out of their coffins, so I still send them to their coffins sometimes. Smile

I have a ton of Cyjon mods, including NoAlienSexism. Other useful Cyjon mods I have:

CJ-NicerPhoneMessages. Out with "Maybe you should try calling John when he's not at work!", in with "John is at work. He won't be back until 5:00 PM." Polite and helpful! I swear, I used to get those rude messages even when the household Sim answering the phone in the absent Sim's stead had a 100 Relationship with the calling Sim. The nasty attitude made no sense!

CJ-NoFakeSleepoverWhining. "You invited me to spend the night but didn't give me anywhere to sleep! I'm leaving!" Fool, I didn't invite you to do diddly jack! I just forgot to get you off that billards game and tell you to go home, that's all! Stop giving me attitude that I don't deserve! Tongue

CJ-NoMoreDancingInSilence. Sure it makes dates a wee bit harder when one Sim or the other rolls up a "Dance with [dating Sim]" or "Slow Dance with [dating Sim]" Want during a date, but really, who on Earth dances when — or where — there's no music? Too bad it won't let you dance to other Sims using a karaoke machine, though. I used to go to Karaoke Nights at some bar or another back in Saint Louis. Nothing puts a swell of pride in your chest like when you're singing a Black Sabbath song and a few drunk schmoes in the bar start slam-dancing to it.

CJ-LessNakedFreakout. You know, after I got out of the Air Force I also used to go to some guy's hot tub parties back in Saint Louis, back before Home Depot bought his street and tore his house down. It was a pretty big hot tub...big enough for six, seven, maybe eight people if you crammed them all in and they didn't mind skin-to-skin contact (and most of us filthy hedonists didn't), and one of our host's rules was "No clothing in the hot tub". And out of all the times people at the party would walk by and see a bunch of naked men and women — sometimes including myself — crammed into that hot tub, I don't remember a single one of them throwing up their hands and screaming like the Bogeyman just popped up in front of them! So thanks for making naked Sims not scary, Cyjon. Smile

CJ-PutHomeworkDown. Little dude, you just came home from school, your Hygiene's deep red and you're leaving a trail of green stink all over the place! Drop your homework and get in the shower! I didn't say 'Carry your homework all the way up to the desk in the third-floor bedroom!' Drop your homework and get in the shower! You have to go to work at Pizza Go-Go in half an hour! You want to keep your Young Entrepreneur scholarship, right? You can do your homework when you come home from work in a few hours. Drop the homework already!

CJ-ZombieIronStomach. Okay, I don't get a lot of use out of this one (since I only have five Sim Zombies), but really, they're nasty, they're decayed and they're undead! Why should a zombie get food poisoning from eating pork chops that have been sitting on the kitchen counter for a day or two? It's not like a zombie's condition can get much worse, right? You're slow, you're stinky, you're ugly and you make all kinds of funny noises. You might as well get an extra perk or two out of all that. "Oh, no! We forgot to put the chili con carne into the fridge and now it's all green and ridden with flies!" "Give it to Bub. He'll eat it, no problem. Waste not, want not!"

CJ-NoNeutralSpellAlignmentShift. Because my Atriciously Evil witches and warlocks should be able to Magivestigium all over Creation without becoming any less Atrociously Evil from doing that! The reverse goes for my Infallibly Good witches. Teleportation is neither evil nor good! And my Simmy witches teleport a lot. One of my witches (an Infallibly Good voodoo-queen-looking witch who lives in a swamp in Bluewater Village) has both Magivestigium and Ninja Teleport. I'm not sure which one I like more, now that I don't have to worry about repeated Magivestigiums dropping her from Infallibly Good to just plain Good.

CJ-NoEngineWeenies. I have an entire family of Simmy mechanics with enough driveway space for about a dozen restorable cars. Is it any wonder that at more than one point, that family would have about half a dozen junk cars with the body work all finished and glossy-looking, but with the engines still stripped out? You could set your Sims to work on the car's body, then go take care of something else for a little while, then come back to find your Sim still buffing the chassis (unless he finished the body work, in which case he deserves a break). Try that with a Sim fixing the car's engine and by the time you come back from getting the Sim kids off to school, your mechanic's in the kitchen turning an omelette into charcoal, and the engine's still junk. I hated those engines! "Oh, look. The engine just farted in your face. I guess it's time for you to completely abandon your work and walk away from the junk car now." This mod makes your Sims shrug off engine farts and stay on the job. Thanks again, Cyjon!

I have plenty more, but some aren't worth mentioning and the others...well, I can't even remember what they do anymore! CJ-TownieEnthusiasmSeeder? CJ-SelfPreservation? CJ-SocialPushTweaks? I'll have to drop by cyjon.net and remind myself what those are all about. :/
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2018 07:05 AM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#27 29-08-2018 
(28-08-2018 03:01 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Today, after Benne summoned another UFO, I was reminded that I have an installed mod which adds several new Pollination Technicians. The UFO spat her out and she had memories of meeting and WooHooing with "Emperor Xilvei" (or something like that), along with the "I just WooHooed" heart whirling over her head. And when Benne pulled out her cell phone and tried to call Emperor Whatever, she dropped the action and froze. Fortunately, I already had a Batbox on the lot, so I switched to Sanguine, used the Batbox to Force Errors on the lot, and Benne was free again.

So the "new PTs" mod was probably something half-baked, and it's probably causing a conflict somewhere.

Sounds like what I was thinking: that mod is clearly not totally correctly written.

(28-08-2018 03:01 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  It may be worth noting that Benne — being the product of a UFO abduction and the union between Doctor Malevolence and a Pollination Technician — got the cutscene where her father (Doctor Mal, in this case) showed up just long enough to drop her off at college, hug her and drive off. Maybe something caused her other parent — the vanilla-game Pollination Technician — to see her off to her first day at college as well?

The thing about the Sim Father seeing her off at college is normal. But even in normal (sic) sim households, I've NEVER seen the second parent come and give another send-off. That just does not happen. I can't imagine how a PT could be involved in such a procedure. It makes no sense, unless it's the result of some sort of corruption.

(28-08-2018 03:01 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  So I imagine that, unless vampire/zombies get the speedy Fly and Stalk moves that any other vampire gets (though Stalk only results in running if your Sim has to move through three rooms or so), then a vampire/zombie Sim will burn up well before reaching the first Final Exam halfway through the Freshman year.

Yeah. That's what I was having in mind, too. I was going to bring up the Plantpire-Vampsim now but I don't have to, because you wrote...

(28-08-2018 03:01 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I did have one of my vampires turn into a vampire/plantsim once after spraying too many bugs in her garden, and that was rough!

That's one of my main reasons for not having Vampires in my game. No zombies either, by the way. And that's also THE BIG reason why the Aliens in my "Alien Experiments" mod will NEVER give Plantsimism to a Vampire, or Vampirism to a Plantsim. It's a slow and cruel way of killing sims. I won't be responsible for it.

(28-08-2018 03:01 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  (Did I forget to mention the pros and cons of PlantSims back there? My mistake. Their happiness spores are nice, and so are their fewer Needs. But I swear, if I'm not making my PlantSims shower and stand out in the sun constantly, they're miserable. If you play a plantsim, you also have to pay attention to your house's shadow and keep your plantsims out of it; the game is a stickler about leaving plantsims in the shade all day, and your Sunlight Need will be deep red by the next morning. I don't like playing plantsims very much.)

You're obviously missing a lot, there. Plantsims don't need to shower all day, or stand in the sun ALL the time. My Plantsims like working in the greenhouse, where Sunlight lamps shine, and where sprinklers keep them wet. And they like to swim and hang out in the hot tub, preferrably with someone woohoo-able. And they don't need to do so all day, either. They can be without sunlight and water for a few hours, but you must -- like with ALL other sims as well -- keep an eye on their needs, and change scenery before it becomes life-threatening.

Also, if there are two or more Plantsims in a single family, try this one: bring ALL family members together in a single room, and then have EVERY Plantsim cast Spores simultaneously. Then watch the needs of all the sims in the room: you'll be surprised and amazed. I'm not going to explain; you must see it for yourself!

(28-08-2018 03:01 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I guess if a Family Sim can't find a spouse, a telescope is a passable substitute. They just have to spend plenty of time on the telescope, that's all. Wink

Yeah, except that most Family sims don't like being abducted. It traumatizes them, and it makes all other non-Knowledge sims they know, frequently roll FEARS of abduction for their Knowledge friends. THAT is something that I find very unsettling. A Knowledge sim wants to be abducted, but her Family-sim wife and children fear that she does. And if she DOES get abducted, the others are all in distress! No, I keep family sims away from telescopes.

#28 30-08-2018 
(29-08-2018 12:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Sounds like what I was thinking: that mod is clearly not totally correctly written.
So now Benne has memories of two of those stand-in PTs, and they're both in her telephone address book. If I delete that PT-replacing mod now, will that cause corruption with Benne and her memories?

(29-08-2018 12:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  You're obviously missing a lot, there. Plantsims don't need to shower all day, or stand in the sun ALL the time. My Plantsims like working in the greenhouse, where Sunlight lamps shine, and where sprinklers keep them wet. And they like to swim and hang out in the hot tub, preferrably with someone woohoo-able. And they don't need to do so all day, either. They can be without sunlight and water for a few hours, but you must -- like with ALL other sims as well -- keep an eye on their needs, and change scenery before it becomes life-threatening.

Also, if there are two or more Plantsims in a single family, try this one: bring ALL family members together in a single room, and then have EVERY Plantsim cast Spores simultaneously. Then watch the needs of all the sims in the room: you'll be surprised and amazed. I'm not going to explain; you must see it for yourself!
Every Sim's Needs will go through the roof. I have tried the Spores in a crowded room before, at a party, while everyone was dancing around a DJ booth. The party didn't turn out to be a Roof Raiser, as I recall, but it was still really good. Big Grin

(29-08-2018 12:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Yeah, except that most Family sims don't like being abducted. It traumatizes them, and it makes all other non-Knowledge sims they know, frequently roll FEARS of abduction for their Knowledge friends. THAT is something that I find very unsettling. A Knowledge sim wants to be abducted, but her Family-sim wife and children fear that she does. And if she DOES get abducted, the others are all in distress! No, I keep family sims away from telescopes.
I can see that. It's like how I told that story about the werewolf sorority girls going on a camping trip with the non-werewolf sorority girls. Most of my werewolves are Knowledge Sims, which is how they became werewolves in the first place. ("Jolene? Monica just rolled up a 'Become a werewolf' Want. Go get her, girl!") One of my werewolves is a Popularity Sim, but she too kept rolling up Wants to hear the other werewolves howl. The three non-werewolves were also non-Knowledge Sims, so they kept rolling up werewolf-howl-related Fears. It's easy to guess who enjoyed that vacation and who came home completely miserable. Wink

So I wonder how well a Knowledge/Family Sim would do at rearing a brood of half-alien babies. I might have to try that some time. Tuck all the alien babies into bed, go up to the roof, start shining a flashlight through the expensive telescope and get ready for another mouth to feed.

#29 30-08-2018 
(30-08-2018 06:21 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  So now Benne has memories of two of those stand-in PTs, and they're both in her telephone address book. If I delete that PT-replacing mod now, will that cause corruption with Benne and her memories?

When you remove/replace the mod, you should leave the PTs in the Downloads folder. At least the ones that have living offspring, anyway. That way, the memories and address book entries will still point at valid 'sims', but the removed mod can no longer cause them to appear where they shouldn't. Only if they keep showing up, you may need to kill the PTs, too. And then you may need the Batbox to remove the memories of them.
But as long as you can keep the PTs, you might still want to continue using them as Alien dads. If so, you just need another multi-PT mod, which you then edit to use these Aliens... In that case, I would advise using mine, and foillowing my tutorial on how to edit it.

(30-08-2018 06:21 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Every Sim's Needs will go through the roof. I have tried the Spores in a crowded room before, at a party, while everyone was dancing around a DJ booth. The party didn't turn out to be a Roof Raiser, as I recall, but it was still really good. Big Grin

Ah, you're wearing the T-shirt. So I may assume that you've been there and done that. True, it's not the best thing to do at parties, unless you wait until almost the end. Because if you do it too early, none of your sims will be motivated to do things that increase their fun, because their fun is already at max, too! No, it's best to let everyone enjoy themselves, and only near the end use the Mass-Spores-Effect once! That way they have a great party AND they go home as fresh as they were when they came in!

(30-08-2018 06:21 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  So I wonder how well a Knowledge/Family Sim would do at rearing a brood of half-alien babies. I might have to try that some time. Tuck all the alien babies into bed, go up to the roof, start shining a flashlight through the expensive telescope and get ready for another mouth to feed.

With the Knowledge/Family combo or vice versa, it's not a problem. The Knowledge half of them will enjoy the abdcution, and the Family half will love having -- and taking care of -- the babies. That's where most of my Family and Knowledge sims end up, anyway. With both Aspirations, as either a Witch or a Plantsim (never both in one sim, because I don't like that), married with children, and with one or two Alien kids each.

#30 03-09-2018 
You know what, BO? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

It's time to combine some serious Life States! >Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option