Okay, I'm Back and I'm In
#41 20-08-2018 
In my personal opinion, it's the young rabble that frequently visits MATY, who give that place a bad name. That is NOT Pescado's doing.

I have no trouble with Pescado himself, really. He could be arrogant or rude and I wouldn't know, because -- like you, @lordtyger9 -- I have never personally interacted with him. I only know that he's brilliant; that he's rather cocky about his abilities; that his play style is not mine, and that he tends to add completely undocumented features to his mostly poorly documented mods. But on top of that, I know that he has a good heart, saving so many creation from modders the world over for posterity.

#42 20-08-2018 
I am sure that he is arrogant as his attitude is his stuff is the best and he won't try to make something of his compatiable with other peoples work, he will say that people should just use his stuff if one of his mods is not compatiable with someone elses. I do agree that he does add undocumented features and that is one reason some people are hesitant to use his mods. I do like a lot of his Mods, just not the ones that automate everything or make you have only Aspirations that he thinks are appropiate. I like to have a lot of freedom in how I am playing a Sim and I want to play my way not Pescado's lol. However I can't really blame him for being Cocky about his abilities as he really is brilliant from what I can tell.

Pescado is rather hands off when it comes to being a Moderator on his site from what I can tell and that can be good and it can be bad. Based on what Pescado himself wrote when I was reading through the posts on MATY, I will say that he does answer questions politely more or less. Sometimes he will say that he can't reproduce the problem or that some one should just use his stuff, but those are answers. It is mostly the others that think that they can run things that seem to be the problems.

Even so he is one of the best Modders, my other favourites {in that I have a lot of their mods installed] are Cyjon, Squinge, Inge Jones, twojeffs and you {sort of in order of how many mods I have by them, I counted them lol} not in order of my opinion about them. You I put first in reliability & lack of bugs, so if there is something by you and something by someone else that does substantially the same thing I choose yours.

#43 20-08-2018 
As far as Pescado and MATY go, we think alike!

(20-08-2018 12:01 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  ..., my other favourites {in that I have a lot of their mods installed} are Cyjon, Squinge, Inge Jones, twojeffs and you {sort of in order of how many mods I have by them, I counted them lol} not in order of my opinion about them. You I put first in reliability & lack of bugs, so if there is something by you and something by someone else that does substantially the same thing I choose yours.

I'm honoured! Thank you. By load order first to last, my favourites are: Inge Jones, Monique, Squinge, TwoJeffs and Cyjon. I'm cocky enough to load my own mods after everything else, of course, and there are still a few others that I have loaded anywhere inbetween !-JMPescado-! first, and myself last.

#44 28-08-2018 
Speaking of Pescado...

[Image: TS2-LegendOfTheBatbox01.jpg]
"Bury it under your lot somewhere"? Gee, that's not ominous!

[Image: TS2-LegendOfTheBatbox02.jpg]
Yep...definitely not ominous. o_o

[Image: TS2-LegendOfTheBatbox03.jpg]
I don't know what's more disturbing: The fact that there's no "Make Me...Vampire" option, or the fact that there is a "Make Me...Smart" option.

Heaven knows how Pescado may or may not define "smart".

[Image: TS2-LegendOfTheBatbox04.jpg]
For want of under-my-lot-burying skills, I ended up stashing it inside a wall somewhere.

It's probably for the best. Tongue

#45 29-08-2018 
I found a substitute for the Bat Box in shasta_ffsdebugger_4t2vampireurn.package that has the same exact FFSDebugger code in a 4to2 Vampire Urn that has one recolour that is sort of a brown besides the basic black and you can put in on a decorative endtable. I found it on Tumblr, it is nice, especially considering that the FFSDebugger is required for every lot that I go to. The only lots that don't have it are ones that I have not yet set up as I don't use them.

Pescado Defines "smart" as learning at 300% if I recall correctly.

Yeah one can find a Make me a Plant Sim on the Bat Box, but no Make me a Werewolf or Make me a Vampire either one, wonder why that is?

For those things look at The Sim Manipulator, if you don't have it then you should get it. I think it is very useful. I have The Sim Blender, The InSimenator {object model, and I made a copy of the documentation from the Wiki...I used the wayback Machine} and The Sim Manipulator. I likely use the Sim Blender the most, but I make use of the others a lot as well.

#46 29-08-2018 
(29-08-2018 01:40 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Yeah one can find a Make me a Plant Sim on the Bat Box, but no Make me a Werewolf or Make me a Vampire either one, wonder why that is?

Sorry friend, but YOU looked at the picture with your ears, not your eyes. The option to "Make me.../Werewolf" is actually present!

@Pizzatron-9000: If I'm not mistaken, Sanguine was already a Vampire, right? If so, then why would the Batbox show the Vampire option for her? Please, give Pescado *some* credit Big Grin

Also, as @lordtyger9 points out, the "Make me.../Smart" option boosts learning speed by 300%. But it is hardly Pescado's invention: he knicked that from the Smart Milk Bottle as it was invented by the Maxis crew. The big difference is that the SMB only works for Babies and Toddlers, but the Batbox version can be used at any age!

#47 03-09-2018 
(29-08-2018 12:48 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  @Pizzatron-9000: If I'm not mistaken, Sanguine was already a Vampire, right?

Actually, not yet.

[Image: TS2-SanguineBackrubbingCarmilla.jpg]

But I'm working on it. Smile

(...a little late for my tastes, but I may have been too focused on maintaining her 4.0 Grade Point Average.)

#48 03-09-2018 
One short switch over to Carmilla's house later (because my fix to stop the High Vampires from biting everybody all willy-nilly comes with the caveat that all vampires can't bite necks on a Community Lot unless an active Sim Influences them to do that)...

[Image: WelcomeToVampirismSanguine01.jpg]

[Image: WelcomeToVampirismSanguine02.jpg]

[Image: WelcomeToVampirismSanguine03.jpg]

[Image: WelcomeToVampirismSanguine04.jpg]

Okay, we're good. Smile

[Image: WelcomeToVampirismSanguine05.jpg]

Now I just have to get used to seeing Sanguine walk like that.

Sorry, that is a members only option