My Big Life State Experiment: The Chimera Sisters
#11 04-09-2018 
(04-09-2018 06:16 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 01:49 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Ah, so you haven't got the mod yet to abolish the horrible 20k handouts??? (Pescado's no20khandouts.package)
Dare I ask which surprises Pescado included in that mod? Wink

It's ALWAYS wise to ask that question... And my answer is simple: I use it myself; is that reassurance enough?

Code:
no20Khandouts.package description

Eliminates the magic 20K handout when a sim moves out or graduates from college. A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the cash reserves of the current family. No more. No such thing as a free lunch. If a sim family breaks up, the sim being booted out will take the minimum amount to afford a lot, 3K, from the treasury if available. Otherwise, he gets whatever is left. If that's not enough to afford even the odd 2x2 lot....too bad! Life's a bitch and then you're raped by wild boars!

(04-09-2018 06:16 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I don't want to completely abolish the 20k handout for college graduates, but I certainly wouldn't mind reducing it to, say, 3k, 5k or 10k. It's enough to keep any Sims who went from CAS directly to college (like Sanguine and the Chimeras did) from getting consigned to a virtual refrigerator box after they graduate.

That's what they have those appendages for, that hang from their shoulders: they can WORK... You know that dirty thing that one does to EARN money?

(04-09-2018 06:16 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I dislike the PlantSim leaves-for-hair myself. And the game won't let you change it! There are probably mods to allow Sims to keep their hair after becoming PlantSims, but I haven't found any of them yet.

Problem solved, because Poifectly Poiple made such a mod, so my Herbiforms (Plantsims) have normal hair. But when they become Witches, they're stuck with the Witches' hat which will not come off. Most of my Witches do not (continuously) dress in the default Witches' gear. My Herbiforms are too cute, and the Herbiform Aliens are even cuter. They deserve to be SEEN!

#12 06-09-2018 
(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I have a Mod that allows a Sim that is a Plant Sim to keep the hair that they had before they became a Plant Sim, if they are already a Plant Sim and you install the mod then you have make them Normal and then Plant Sim again. It works quite nicely thanks to this mod I have Rose Greenman {currently my only Plant Sim} with a nice hair do. heh. Note the mod to have normal hair for Plant Sims is NoMoreLeafyHair by poifectly_poiple on MTS.
More on that mod in the nether reaches of this post. Wink

(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Given that I don't have FT or AL I don't have Witches or Appartments.
Aw, you're missing out! Apartments aren't bad places to live (at least, not short-term). It's just too bad you can't have more than four families living in an apartment building, because I'd like to build an eight-story monstrosity of a condominium tower where I can stash all of the Maxis families and townies that I'll never play (including the dreaded Ottomas family), so I can bulldoze all their houses and make room for a bunch of shops, because far too many of my Sims roll up that "Own five top-level businesses" Lifetime Want and I'm too noble to cycle it out with the Batbox or other mod objects.

But more on Open for Business businesses and their related Wants in another topic. Wink

And witches are awesome! They're the only ones who can go to the Magical World (with a castle for Good witches and a castle for Evil witches), and time in your home neighborhood doesn't pass while you're in the Magical World! So you can leave Pleasantview a novice witch and return moments later (from Pleasantview's perspective) as a master witch! And the spells are a bag of tricks, with the contents of those bags of tricks changing whether you're Infallibly Good, Atrociously Evil or anywhere in between. Occasionally, I've also done a few jerk moves with those spells. "Call...Dina Caliente." "Dina Caliente's at work. Call back later." "Cast Spell...Appello Simae...Dina Caliente. Ah, welcome to my home, Dina! Sorry to snatch you away from work like that, but how about a date?" Big Grin

(Come to that, I remember years ago when Carmilla von Carstein (that Sim that I just won't stop talking about) was just a fledgling vampire/witch. Since this was back before I got a mod to make Service Sims callable by phone, she had started a stove fire while cooking, the smoke detector in her kitchen started screaming and Mitch Lawson came by and put the fire out. Carmilla and Mitch chatted for a few seconds, then he got back in his fire truck and took off. Before too long, Carmilla started rolling up Wants to talk to Mitch and to go on a date with him, but she couldn't call him on the phone because he was a Service Sim. So what did I have her do? I made her cast In Flammo and set her own kitchen on fire! Mitch came by and drenched that fire, Carmilla roped him into a date...I think she still has Mitch as one of her many, many lovers, too. Smile )

The only thing about Simmy witches that annoys me? Those wandering Atrociously Evil High Witches who drop in on whatever community lot you're visiting just to cast Corruptus Locus on the lot, summon their cat and fly away. "Damn you, Mackenzie Long the Atrociously Evil Witch! I'm having a date with Dina Caliente at the Botanical Garden downtown, and it was going extremely well, but then you just had to drop in and it rain and thunder and lightning and now there are cockroaches, and I'd rather deal with Crumplebutt! Just go away, Mackenzie!!!"

(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I guess that I am both like BoilingOil and different from BoilingOil at the same time. lol
We can only aspire to achieve his level of greatness. Big Grin

(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I don't have any Playable Vampires, only some Townies and the NPC Vampires, and I have only the Leaders of the Pack Werewolves, and I have no Zombies. So Lots of Aliens and one Plant Sim at this point.
You know, I've tried to take that Pack Leader into Jolene Lupina's household (seeing as that's the wolf that turned her), but it seems to be impossible. You can invite High Vampires into your household, you can invite High Witches into your household...why can't we do that with Pack Leaders? Or maybe we can adopt Pack Leaders into our households, and I just haven't been trying hard enough.

But it's nice that werewolves have the Summon Wolves ability when they're in their beastly forms, because hey, it's a chance at free pets! Big Grin

[Image: SummonWolves1.jpg]

[Image: SummonWolves2.jpg]

But be sure to use Summon Wolves once and only once, because that is just too many stinkin' wolves. Dodgy

(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  However I enjoy reading about other people's games and so just because I would not be doing the same thing, does not mean that I won't enjoy seeing what you do with your Sims.
Great! Because I'm about to work on my Chimera sisters some more. I might even play my Zombies house for a bit while I'm at it. Big Grin

(04-09-2018 11:27 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  It's ALWAYS wise to ask that question... And my answer is simple: I use it myself; is that reassurance enough?
Depends. What surprises did you find in that FFS mod, and how did you deal with them? Wink

(04-09-2018 11:27 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  That's what they have those appendages for, that hang from their shoulders: they can WORK... You know that dirty thing that one does to EARN money?
Sims can't get jobs in college, dude. Wink

Living in dorms is cheap enough, but I'm more worried for the Sims who get houses. Mod or no mod, do they get any Simoleons back when they move out of the house and leave campus? I've only had my college Sims buy a house twice, both times for the purpose of making my two current Greek Houses: The three cheerleaders with the Sorority household (and the Hoh-Hoh-Urele Greek House) and the five zombies with the Zombies household (and the Zee-Zed-Zulu Greek House). Those houses aren't cheap; both of those households had to get great GPAs for about three semesters before they could afford their house lots. If we take away the 20k handout, will the Sims who bought houses on campus get any return from their Real Estate investment?

(04-09-2018 11:27 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Problem solved, because Poifectly Poiple made such a mod, so my Herbiforms (Plantsims) have normal hair. But when they become Witches, they're stuck with the Witches' hat which will not come off. Most of my Witches do not (continuously) dress in the default Witches' gear. My Herbiforms are too cute, and the Herbiform Aliens are even cuter. They deserve to be SEEN!
That's quite a dilemma there. Either I download the mod and my witches are stuck wearing witch hats, or I leave the mod where it is and my PlantSims are stuck with the Jolly Green Giant's head leaves.

Seeing as my witches greatly outnumber my PlantSims (by about fourteen to one, at present), I think I'll pass on that mod. "The needs of the many" and all that jazz. Confused

And look who has an account over at That Other Sims Site! I have to agree with what Pescado said, too: Getting your upload approved on That Other Sims Site is bothersome and messy, all right; I'd go so far as to say it's the biggest pain in the ass, with nigh-impossible, ever-shifting hurdles to jump for anyone who isn't in the Secret Handshake Club. If I have something to share, maybe I should just get a Tumblr like all the cool kids are doing. I already have my own website, but I use it for other stuff. Like hosting all these screenshots. Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018 02:27 AM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#13 06-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 02:12 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Note the mod to have normal hair for Plant Sims is NoMoreLeafyHair by poifectly_poiple on MTS.
More on that mod in the nether reaches of this post. Wink

I had not even payed attention to the fact that @lordtyger9 had also mentioned this mod...

(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Given that I don't have FT or AL I don't have Witches or Appartments.
Aw, you're missing out!

I'm afraid he knows that... It is not by choice that he doesn't have those packs. The FT and AL packs were never converted to work on a MAC, which is what @lordtyger9 uses.

(04-09-2018 10:49 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I guess that I am both like BoilingOil and different from BoilingOil at the same time. lol
We can only aspire to achieve his level of greatness. Big Grin

Don't put me on that pedestal, please. I'm uncomfortable with heights.

(04-09-2018 11:27 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  It's ALWAYS wise to ask that question... And my answer is simple: I use it myself; is that reassurance enough?
Depends. What surprises did you find in that FFS mod, and how did you deal with them? Wink

I tell him that the person who hates nasty surprises (me) runs a mod, and then he asks about nasty surprises... SMH.

(04-09-2018 11:27 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  That's what they have those appendages for, that hang from their shoulders: they can WORK... You know that dirty thing that one does to EARN money?
Sims can't get jobs in college, dude. Wink

Who said anything about a job? They can take over from the cook in the cafeteria, they cna go downtown and be the DJ in any nightclub, or be a barista for a couple hours in a coffee shop. They can open their own business in any subhood (best not in the Uni-subhood), and start selling stuff. They can perform music or paint, or arrange flowers, or craft anything at all... Those are all forms of WORK that they can do, even if they can't get a regular job!

(06-09-2018 02:12 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Living in dorms is cheap enough, but I'm more worried for the Sims who get houses. Mod or no mod, do they get any Simoleons back when they move out of the house and leave campus?

Obviously, you didn't read the entire descriptiopn of the mod, that I posted in my previous message. It says
"A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the cash reserves of the current family."
And for a sim living alone, that means he takes everything in the household funds with him... which is fair, because he brought all of it in!

In my game, when sims live together in such housing, I keep track of what each sim owns. And I make sure that the sim moving out get no more and no less than what is rightfully his.

(06-09-2018 02:12 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I've only had my college Sims buy a house twice, both times for the purpose of making my two current Greek Houses: The three cheerleaders with the Sorority household (and the Hoh-Hoh-Urele Greek House) and the five zombies with the Zombies household (and the Zee-Zed-Zulu Greek House). Those houses aren't cheap; both of those households had to get great GPAs for about three semesters before they could afford their house lots. If we take away the 20k handout, will the Sims who bought houses on campus get any return from their Real Estate investment?

Sims aren't meant to BUY houses in the Uni-subhood! If you have made them do so, you have created a situation that nobody has ever considered. So you can't expect a mod to take ytour situation into account! You should use a cheat to compensate these sims for their investments. And if other sims later join those Greek houses, they don't have to buy their way in, so they don't need to be compensated through the 20k handouts. Problem fixed!

(04-09-2018 11:27 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Problem solved, because Poifectly Poiple made such a mod, so my Herbiforms (Plantsims) have normal hair. But when they become Witches, they're stuck with the Witches' hat which will not come off. Most of my Witches do not (continuously) dress in the default Witches' gear. My Herbiforms are too cute, and the Herbiform Aliens are even cuter. They deserve to be SEEN!
That's quite a dilemma there. Either I download the mod and my witches are stuck wearing witch hats, or I leave the mod where it is and my PlantSims are stuck with the Jolly Green Giant's head leaves.

Seeing as my witches greatly outnumber my PlantSims (by about fourteen to one, at present), I think I'll pass on that mod. "The needs of the many" and all that jazz. Confused

Your prerogative... You've been informed of the option, but nobody is going to twist your arm and force you to use it... Smile

(06-09-2018 02:12 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I have to agree with what Pescado said, too: Getting your upload approved on That Other Sims Site is bothersome and messy, all right; I'd go so far as to say it's the biggest pain in the ass, with nigh-impossible, ever-shifting hurdles to jump for anyone who isn't in the Secret Handshake Club.

Exactly why I have *never* in my 10 years of Simming, considered uploading my stuff there! And it's not going to happen anytime in the future, either.

#14 06-09-2018 
Ahh I do not create things nor do I mod, nor will I share my Houses or Community Lots, so even though I understand that MTS seems to be a pain when it comes to getting something approved for uploading I don't really care all that much. Of course that would be why Pescado has his own site and Twojeffs his and Squinge his and why BoilingOil has his mods here. Tumblr, LiveJournal, dreamwidth, blogspot, and wordpress all offer alternatives I would note. I have a large number of bookmarks to people's Simming sites that use one of them. I have noticed that a lot of Simmers are using tumblr etc. I am not sure which one is better, I suppose it depends on what you like. Now I am wondering why Chris Hatch does not use tumblr or one of the others.

Me I like a simple easy to read and navigate page. Fancy Colours and Fancy Type Faces with Fancy Background pictures are not EASY to read, I wish more people kept that in mind.

Yeah I know I could use a PC, but you see I do not like PCs and I would rather put up with not having a couple of the EPs than use a PC. Of course I have to put up with the Mac's Maximum Open File Limit as well, it was a real problem until I figured out what the problem was. No real help from the Mac Game Publisher, who you would think would know about the issue.

Back to stuff about playing, I no longer do money cheats like I used to, Instead I use the Mortgage Shrubs from Inge Jones and recently have been I using Monique's Computer and have my Sim parents give their kids 10 000 simoleans when they leave their household. Most of my households are not the usual kind as they usually have 6 Adults/Elders. So given time the household has money in most cases. I also make all of my Sims get 3 or more scholarships and I frequently have them get a job when they are teens. I forget who it was exactly, I think it was Bulbizarre, who wrote that they have an Admissions Office set up as a Dorm with Monique's Computer so that the Sim could withdraw money or take out a loan. I decided I liked that idea so I made one in my Uni. The one with the French name, that is the one that I have been playing for a while now.

Oh and in University Sims can have jobs if you have a Mod, what you would need to do is have the Mod from Squinge that allows one to hire YA Sims, OFBHireYA.package and then have a Sim Owned Business hire your University student. Cumbersome, but it does work. You might need to use the College Adjuster to change the hours to the Final sometimes. Me I started with a Dormie that I had get a job and then I made the Dormie Playable later, so yeah.

Pizzatron-9000 do you have any of the Specially Modified Careers for Vampires? FennShysa on MTS made a set for BaseGame and one for Seasons, and I assume that they made one for FT as well.

I have the first two sets, but I don't use them.

#15 06-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I'm afraid he knows that... It is not by choice that he doesn't have those packs. The FT and AL packs were never converted to work on a MAC, which is what @lordtyger9 uses.
Oh. All that I did not know.

Damn you, Evil-tronic Arts! :O

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I tell him that the person who hates nasty surprises (me) runs a mod, and then he asks about nasty surprises... SMH.
I'm just hassling you. Don't take it to heart. Tongue

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Who said anything about a job? They can take over from the cook in the cafeteria, they cna go downtown and be the DJ in any nightclub, or be a barista for a couple hours in a coffee shop. They can open their own business in any subhood (best not in the Uni-subhood), and start selling stuff. They can perform music or paint, or arrange flowers, or craft anything at all... Those are all forms of WORK that they can do, even if they can't get a regular job!
Don't forget sending your college Sims to Twikkii Island, learning how to fire dance, coming back from vacation and performing fire dances for tips all around the campus. And the higher their Creativity, the more money they get. My Music & Dance Sims have made tons of tip money from doing that! I think that Jolene Lupina (the original Teen Wolf in my game) might be my record-holder for that; as I recall, she entered college with Creativity 10 (along with Body 10, if it matters), and she once collected over 800 Simoleons after fire dancing at the Campus Lounge for a few hours. I imagine that if she had had max enthusiasm in Music & Dance instead of Fitness (her One True Hobby), the take might have been even higher. Big Grin

The Unsavory Charlatan also had a longstanding grudge against Jolene (ever since he picked her pocket when she was a teen and she beat him up something fierce), so I'd send her to various community lots — usually Downtown, Bluewater Village or one of my other shopping subhoods, because the semester clock's still ticking if you send Sims to a community lot on campus — and then I'd wait for the Charlatan to show up and try to fight her again. Every time Jolene handed the Charlatan a smackdown, she got $250. Eventually I sent Jolene Downtown while she was in her human form (since werewolves in their beastly form are invincible, unless they're fighting other werewolves) and despite Jolene's 10 in Body, the Charlatan managed to win the fight and rob her of $150. The Charlatan stopped showing up to pick fights with her after that, so that source of income dried up. Sad

You make fair points, though. Benne herself has made a good chunk of college money from building robots. She already knew how to build Roverbots by the time she got to college, she immediately bought a robot station for $2,000, and the robot station had already paid for itself by the time she built and sold her fourth Cleanbot. Everything beyond that was pure profit; she stands to pull in a solid $3,000 as soon as she finishes her first Servo (that she's building right now).

I might try the No20KHandout, if only to see if the Zombies household gets money back on losing the Romero House after they move off campus, like any other Sim family does after they move out of a house that they bought. If they don't, then I might have to stoop to money cheats just to keep them afloat; that house was a bit expensive.

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Obviously, you didn't read the entire descriptiopn of the mod, that I posted in my previous message. It says
"A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the cash reserves of the current family."
And for a sim living alone, that means he takes everything in the household funds with him... which is fair, because he brought all of it in!
That's not what I meant at all. Like I said last paragraph, there's the question of whether or not Sims get money back after they move out of a college house, just like they do if they move out of a house in Pleasantview, Bluewater Village, Downtown or anywhere else. With the 20k handout in play, Sims lose all the money they've earned in college. I remember how Casey Gearsmith had over $30,000 when he graduated, but he still returned to Pleasantview with only $20k. So with the 20k handout in play, we wouldn't notice whether or not any graduating Sims get Simoleons back from moving out of a campus house because, whether they were due zero Simoleons or 100k Simoleons from selling the campus house back to the neighborhood, any profit from selling the house would be obliterated by the handout, with no visible signs of that money being obliterated and replaced. So if we do away with the handout, will our Sims living in their own college houses get money from selling those houses and retain that money when they move back to the main neighborhood or one of its subhoods?

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  In my game, when sims live together in such housing, I keep track of what each sim owns. And I make sure that the sim moving out get no more and no less than what is rightfully his.
So do I. Wasn't it earlier in this very same topic when I settled for getting the Chimeras a junk car because I didn't want to cut into what Benne had earned? Between the Chimeras, they've only earned $2,400 from passing their first Freshman semester with A+ grades; buying a car more expensive than that was out of the question. So I completely cheaped out and went with the junk car. They could surely use the Mechanical skill points anyway. Smile

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Sims aren't meant to BUY houses in the Uni-subhood! If you have made them do so, you have created a situation that nobody has ever considered.
So then why does every premade college subhood have playable Sims living in campus houses, including ones which aren't Greek Houses? Wink

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Your prerogative... You've been informed of the option, but nobody is going to twist your arm and force you to use it... Smile
Witch hats might look good on some witches but not on all witches. Carmilla still has a portrait hanging over her grand staircase, a portrait painted of her back when she was just a neutral witch and not yet a vampire. She wore the standard brown-and-gray witch hat back then. I wouldn't even think of putting the witch hat on her now. Tongue

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Exactly why I have *never* in my 10 years of Simming, considered uploading my stuff there! And it's not going to happen anytime in the future, either.
That's some pretty significant testimony, I'd say, seeing how prominent you and Pescado are in the community. Do you suppose that Karen Lorraine's tuning in to this conversation? She's around here somewhere, I think. Maybe she'd have something to say in The Site That Must Not Be Named's defense. Wink

#16 06-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 07:30 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Pizzatron-9000 do you have any of the Specially Modified Careers for Vampires? FennShysa on MTS made a set for BaseGame and one for Seasons, and I assume that they made one for FT as well.

I have the first two sets, but I don't use them.
I've seen those mods, but I don't use them. I get by just fine with the mod that completely stops Needs decay on vampires in the daytime, so long as they're indoors. After that, all I need is a car in the vampire's garage and I'm good to go. Why did I learn the "boolprop constrainFloorElevation" trick to attaching garages to houses set on foundations? Because of vampires. I did it for my vampires. Wink

#17 06-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 10:58 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I'm afraid he knows that... It is not by choice that he doesn't have those packs. The FT and AL packs were never converted to work on a MAC, which is what @lordtyger9 uses.
Oh. All that I did not know.

Damn you, Evil-tronic Arts! :O

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I tell him that the person who hates nasty surprises (me) runs a mod, and then he asks about nasty surprises... SMH.
I'm just hassling you. Don't take it to heart. Tongue

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Who said anything about a job? They can take over from the cook in the cafeteria, they cna go downtown and be the DJ in any nightclub, or be a barista for a couple hours in a coffee shop. They can open their own business in any subhood (best not in the Uni-subhood), and start selling stuff. They can perform music or paint, or arrange flowers, or craft anything at all... Those are all forms of WORK that they can do, even if they can't get a regular job!
Don't forget sending your college Sims to Twikkii Island, learning how to fire dance, coming back from vacation and performing fire dances for tips all around the campus. And the higher their Creativity, the more money they get. My Music & Dance Sims have made tons of tip money from doing that! I think that Jolene Lupina (the original Teen Wolf in my game) might be my record-holder for that; as I recall, she entered college with Creativity 10 (along with Body 10, if it matters), and she once collected over 800 Simoleons after fire dancing at the Campus Lounge for a few hours. I imagine that if she had had max enthusiasm in Music & Dance instead of Fitness (her One True Hobby), the take might have been even higher. Big Grin

The Unsavory Charlatan also had a longstanding grudge against Jolene (ever since he picked her pocket when she was a teen and she beat him up something fierce), so I'd send her to various community lots — usually Downtown, Bluewater Village or one of my other shopping subhoods, because the semester clock's still ticking if you send Sims to a community lot on campus — and then I'd wait for the Charlatan to show up and try to fight her again. Every time Jolene handed the Charlatan a smackdown, she got $250. Eventually I sent Jolene Downtown while she was in her human form (since werewolves in their beastly form are invincible, unless they're fighting other werewolves) and despite Jolene's 10 in Body, the Charlatan managed to win the fight and rob her of $150. The Charlatan stopped showing up to pick fights with her after that, so that source of income dried up. Sad

You make fair points, though. Benne herself has made a good chunk of college money from building robots. She already knew how to build Roverbots by the time she got to college, she immediately bought a robot station for $2,000, and the robot station had already paid for itself by the time she built and sold her fourth Cleanbot. Everything beyond that was pure profit; she stands to pull in a solid $3,000 as soon as she finishes her first Servo (that she's building right now).

I might try the No20KHandout, if only to see if the Zombies household gets money back on losing the Romero House after they move off campus, like any other Sim family does after they move out of a house that they bought. If they don't, then I might have to stoop to money cheats just to keep them afloat; that house was a bit expensive.

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Obviously, you didn't read the entire descriptiopn of the mod, that I posted in my previous message. It says
That's not what I meant at all. Like I said last paragraph, there's the question of whether or not Sims get money back after they move out of a college house, just like they do if they move out of a house in Pleasantview, Bluewater Village, Downtown or anywhere else. With the 20k handout in play, Sims lose all the money they've earned in college. I remember how Casey Gearsmith had over $30,000 when he graduated, but he still returned to Pleasantview with only $20k. So with the 20k handout in play, we wouldn't notice whether or not any graduating Sims get Simoleons back from moving out of a campus house because, whether they were due zero Simoleons or 100k Simoleons from selling the campus house back to the neighborhood, any profit from selling the house would be obliterated by the handout, with no visible signs of that money being obliterated and replaced. So if we do away with the handout, will our Sims living in their own college houses get money from selling those houses and retain that money when they move back to the main neighborhood or one of its subhoods?

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  In my game, when sims live together in such housing, I keep track of what each sim owns. And I make sure that the sim moving out get no more and no less than what is rightfully his.
So do I. Wasn't it earlier in this very same topic when I settled for getting the Chimeras a junk car because I didn't want to cut into what Benne had earned? Between the Chimeras, they've only earned $2,400 from passing their first Freshman semester with A+ grades; buying a car more expensive than that was out of the question. So I completely cheaped out and went with the junk car. They could surely use the Mechanical skill points anyway. Smile

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Sims aren't meant to BUY houses in the Uni-subhood! If you have made them do so, you have created a situation that nobody has ever considered.
So then why does every premade college subhood have playable Sims living in campus houses, including ones which aren't Greek Houses? Wink

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Your prerogative... You've been informed of the option, but nobody is going to twist your arm and force you to use it... Smile
Witch hats might look good on some witches but not on all witches. Carmilla still has a portrait hanging over her grand staircase, a portrait painted of her back when she was just a neutral witch and not yet a vampire. She wore the standard brown-and-gray witch hat back then. I wouldn't even think of putting the witch hat on her now. Tongue

(06-09-2018 06:22 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Exactly why I have *never* in my 10 years of Simming, considered uploading my stuff there! And it's not going to happen anytime in the future, either.
That's some pretty significant testimony, I'd say, seeing how prominent you and Pescado are in the community. Do you suppose that Karen Lorraine's tuning in to this conversation? She's around here somewhere, I think. Maybe she'd have something to say in The Site That Must Not Be Named's defense. Wink

I don't usually go on about me playing on a Mac, so it is not surprising that you did not know that about me @Pizzatron-9000 BO knows because it came up with me writing about his mods to him. Certainly relevant information when someone is a Modder, or at least it can be. I tell people when they ask why I don't use SimPE etc. otherwise I usually don't mention it.

I never thought about having my Sim do a Fire Dance for Money. I think I should try it sometime.

Buying Houses in University, I don't think that the prices are for buying, as the price outside of a Uni hood is higher, they are for a lease.

As far as how I handle the money issue for Sims at University, I usually put them into an off campus house if it is not terribly over crowded and then I have them join a Greek House until they Graduate. Every so often I have to rent one of the houses because it is empty, but I have a group of sims do that are living in a Dorm and they all move to the house together. So most of the time rental prices are not really an issue.

I know that Karen is a regular here, I don't see her on MTS myself though and I am certainly a regular there.

#18 07-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 10:58 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I'd send her to various community lots — usually Downtown, Bluewater Village or one of my other shopping subhoods, because the semester clock's still ticking if you send Sims to a community lot on campus

Yup, that's why I mentioned your YA sims working outside the uni-subhood, too.

(06-09-2018 10:58 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I might try the No20KHandout, if only to see if the Zombies household gets money back on losing the Romero House after they move off campus, like any other Sim family does after they move out of a house that they bought. If they don't, then I might have to stoop to money cheats just to keep them afloat; that house was a bit expensive.

I'll come back to that in a moment...

(06-09-2018 10:58 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  That's not what I meant at all. Like I said last paragraph, there's the question of whether or not Sims get money back after they move out of a college house, just like they do if they move out of a house in Pleasantview, Bluewater Village, Downtown or anywhere else. With the 20k handout in play, Sims lose all the money they've earned in college. I remember how Casey Gearsmith had over $30,000 when he graduated, but he still returned to Pleasantview with only $20k. So with the 20k handout in play, we wouldn't notice whether or not any graduating Sims get Simoleons back from moving out of a campus house because, whether they were due zero Simoleons or 100k Simoleons from selling the campus house back to the neighborhood, any profit from selling the house would be obliterated by the handout, with no visible signs of that money being obliterated and replaced. So if we do away with the handout, will our Sims living in their own college houses get money from selling those houses and retain that money when they move back to the main neighborhood or one of its subhoods?

And that too...

And now we're there... you got it all wrong! Sims don't BUY those houses in the uni hood, ever!! They RENT them. They pay a security deposit when moving in, and get (most of) it back when they move out! This security deposit, by the way, is a lot less then when they would move into exactly the same house in the main hood.
Only YOU are responsible for picking up and putting in their inventory, all the items that they bought, and which you want them to keep. Otherwise, they get for those items only as much as they are worth after devaluation! And everything that you leave behind, is destroyed as soon as the last resident has left.

And you must also remember, when sims graduate or flunk out, and go back to the main hood, the taxi only picks them up one by one, never as a group. So only the LAST person leaving, gets the refund. And that includes the security deposit as well as the bought items that they leave behind. And THAT is why you are required to keep track of the earnings yourself.

What you originally said, sounded like you had them buy a house and make a Greek House out of it. That is never the right procedure. The only thing you achieve that way, is losing lots of money! You build the Greek house with all its amenities as a normal lot -- just a very luxurious one with all the trimmings. Then you use a special command in the console to make it into a Greek House. And finally, sims need to be moved in somehow.

(06-09-2018 10:58 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Witch hats might look good on some witches but not on all witches. Carmilla still has a portrait hanging over her grand staircase, a portrait painted of her back when she was just a neutral witch and not yet a vampire. She wore the standard brown-and-gray witch hat back then. I wouldn't even think of putting the witch hat on her now. Tongue

Tongue

Yeah, Pescado and I, we are two very distinct individuals. But at least on this one issue, we're more alike than we are different!

#19 07-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 11:12 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I've seen those mods, but I don't use them. I get by just fine with the mod that completely stops Needs decay on vampires in the daytime, so long as they're indoors. After that, all I need is a car in the vampire's garage and I'm good to go. Why did I learn the "boolprop constrainFloorElevation" trick to attaching garages to houses set on foundations? Because of vampires. I did it for my vampires. Wink
[Image: GarageToFoundation.jpg]

Relevant screenshot is relevant. Cool

#20 07-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 11:28 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I never thought about having my Sim do a Fire Dance for Money. I think I should try it sometime.
I've actually tested that with my Music & Dance Sims (including my rock star and Daddy of many babies, Kain Werloeg the Atrociously Evil Warlock). Freestyling for Tips tends to pay the least. Break Dancing for Tips pays better than Freestyling does. And Fire Dancing for Tips pays best of all (though maybe not too much more than Break Dancing does). Higher Creativity results in higher payouts for all three Entertain... dance styles. And Break Dancing has a wee bit of an advantage as a Social/Relationship-building option in that if your breakdancing Sim comes across another Sim who has mastered breakdancing, one can challenge the other to a Break Dance Battle. Smile

But oddly enough, a Sim will never roll up a Want to Break Dance for Tips or to Fire Dance for Tips, even those who have mastered those dance styles. It's always Freestyle for Tips! Why is that? Dodgy

(06-09-2018 11:28 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Buying Houses in University, I don't think that the prices are for buying, as the price outside of a Uni hood is higher, they are for a lease.
I might have to check again. I have a ton of screenshots of the Romero House, and they may include a screenshot with the house's price tag before I moved the zombies in. The screenshots covered the house's development back on The Sims Site That Must Not Be Named. Huge Lunatic suggested that I submit the Romero House for upload on That Site, but I had already beaten my head against that brick wall enough times when I submitted a couple of my hobby dorms. So I told her, "No way I'm putting myself through that again; the Romero House stays with me."

It was fun to build, though. I'll poke through those screenshots again. Smile

(06-09-2018 11:28 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  As far as how I handle the money issue for Sims at University, I usually put them into an off campus house if it is not terribly over crowded and then I have them join a Greek House until they Graduate. Every so often I have to rent one of the houses because it is empty, but I have a group of sims do that are living in a Dorm and they all move to the house together. So most of the time rental prices are not really an issue.
How do you make college Sims live off-campus? It must be a mod; normally, college Sims must live on campus until they either graduate, drop out or flunk out. Undecided

Sorry, that is a members only option