Are we sleeping with the fishies???
#21 22-09-2018 
(22-09-2018 07:00 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I am also glad that I have seen you @leefish it would not be as good if you weren't around. on a different note I noticed that I am a tea drinker, that is good I like to drink tea. lol
Yeah, about that. How is it that I've made more posts than you, but I'm still a lowly Registered? Tongue

(Also, talk more, Leefish! Big Grin )

#22 23-09-2018 
(22-09-2018 10:57 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Yeah, about that. How is it that I've made more posts than you, but I'm still a lowly Registered? Tongue

That's something that you should change YOURSELF, in your profile, somewhere...

#23 23-09-2018 
(23-09-2018 12:39 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  
(22-09-2018 10:57 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Yeah, about that. How is it that I've made more posts than you, but I'm still a lowly Registered? Tongue

That's something that you should change YOURSELF, in your profile, somewhere...
We can actually change our own forum titles on Leefish and award ourselves whatever titles we want, without a domineering forum script getting in the way of that?

This is definitely not Mod the...That Other Sim Site That Shall Not Be...you know what? I've already used that pseudonym enough. I'm just going to start calling that overrated Sims site "Mean Girls: The Sims Site". Or maybe "Stupid High School Cliques and Self-Important Swedish Jackholes R Us". What sounds good? Tongue

#24 23-09-2018 
(23-09-2018 01:06 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  We can actually change our own forum titles on Leefish and award ourselves whatever titles we want, without a domineering forum script getting in the way of that?

Well, there *is*, of course, always the script that censors offensive words. But apart from that, our Hostess is quite liberal, I'd say.

(23-09-2018 01:06 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  This is definitely not Mod the...That Other Sim Site That Shall Not Be...you know what? I've already used that pseudonym enough. I'm just going to start calling that overrated Sims site "Mean Girls: The Sims Site". Or maybe "Stupid High School Cliques and Self-Important Swedish Jackholes R Us". What sounds good? Tongue

We only shouldn't name sites in order not to speak negatively of them, because most site owners don't appreciate it if we bring our fights with other sites with us. What we are doing now, is a bit of sophistry in order to circumvent that rule. From what I know, the site in question is of Dutch origine, and -- last thing I heard of it, several years ago -- they host Leefish's board on their own server. So maybe let's try not to name them at all, or just refer to them as "That Large site" or something non-descriptive like that.

But indeed, they don't have such a liberal system. They use different software to run their board; software that isn't as 'easy' to modify to your personal preferences. So they cannot censor out offensive names, and therefor, they can't allow people to make their own titles. And of course, they *do* have a lot of members...

#25 23-09-2018 
I did not however change my Forum Title, that is why I mentioned it. The only thing I ever do is pick my own signature and Avatar asuming that the forum in question has those features. I don't have any fights to bring over from any other site, but if I did I wouldn't.

#26 23-09-2018 
It is not possible for users to change their forum title. BO can change his title because he is a moderator.

Regarding MTS and other sites, I would prefer it if no negative references were made, even "hidden" ones.

#27 24-09-2018 
(23-09-2018 08:58 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  So maybe let's try not to name them at all, or just refer to them as "That Large site" or something non-descriptive like that.
So..."That Sims Site That Shall Not Be Named," then? I do still fancy the Lord Voldemort vibe to that nick. Tongue

(23-09-2018 10:30 AM)leefish Wrote:  It is not possible for users to change their forum title. BO can change his title because he is a moderator.
Ah. BO! You lied! I can't change my own title. Tongue

And yet I'm now a Pizza Fish. How did that happen, Leefish? Tongue

(23-09-2018 10:30 AM)leefish Wrote:  Regarding MTS and other sites, I would prefer it if no negative references were made, even "hidden" ones.
Well, clearly I was referring to ModTheHarleyDavidsonWideGlide.com, which is all about pimping out Harley Davidson Wide Glides. But I had to dance around their site name because they're physically menacing, they have tire irons and they know where I live. Cool

See? Y'all assume too much. Tongue

#28 24-09-2018 
(24-09-2018 12:37 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(23-09-2018 10:30 AM)leefish Wrote:  It is not possible for users to change their forum title. BO can change his title because he is a moderator.
Ah. BO! You lied! I can't change my own title. Tongue

So harsh! Not even considering that I might have made an honest mistake, you're immediately accusing me of lying. Guilty until proven innocent... Sad

(24-09-2018 12:37 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  And yet I'm now a Pizza Fish. How did that happen, Leefish? Tongue

Yeah, well, in my opinion, it should've been "STALE OLD PIZZA FISH" Tongue

(23-09-2018 10:30 AM)leefish Wrote:  Regarding MTS and other sites, I would prefer it if no negative references were made, even "hidden" ones.

As I was trying to say... Big Grin

#29 24-09-2018 
(24-09-2018 03:19 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  So harsh! Not even considering that I might have made an honest mistake, you're immediately accusing me of lying. Guilty until proven innocent... Sad
Observe the tongue firmly prodding the inside of my cheek again... Tongue

(24-09-2018 03:19 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Yeah, well, in my opinion, it should've been "STALE OLD PIZZA FISH" Tongue
"PIZZA FISH" WORKS WELL ENOUGH, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

(I would have picked "RoboFish" myself. But I'm not picky. Wink )

(24-09-2018 03:19 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  
As I was trying to say... Big Grin
Okay, so stealth insults ("What happy lives they live, so mercifully free of the burdens of intelligence.") are out. What about "Their talents for finding and driving out the witches in their midst are exemplary" and other left-handed compliments? Oui or nyet? Tongue

#30 24-09-2018 
* leefish sighs

I do not like my site being used as a platform to make negative remarks. That is it, please do not labour the point further.

Sorry, that is a members only option