DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters
#1 10-06-2019 
  • Registered
I have spent the last couple of hours trying to figure this out, I would so appreciate any help!!

I just downloaded the sims 2 ultimate edition onto my new laptop (windows 10) and I get an error when I try to run it that there are no DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters. I have tried the "How to make a video card.sgr" fix in these forums, and that did not seem to do anything, when I look in the config.log it still says "<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>".

I am not at all great with this sort of thing, but I really want to play the sims 2, so I would appreciate any help!

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-LNSE364F-config-log.txt (Size: 9.6 KB / Downloads: 395)

#2 10-06-2019 
The error you get is not due to the graphics card. You need to ensure that if you are using a cracked exe to run the game that the cracked exe is in the same folder as the original. Don't run it from your desktop etc. Regarding the graphics, that is another issue and I will wait for @Kunder to see this thread.

#3 10-06-2019 
@yurihandss

Try this:
Unzip it, and place in both your CSconfig, and config file of your latest expansion pack.

\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Your Latest EP\TSData\Res\

Rename your old video cards.sgr, to something like VC.sgr in both your CSconfig, and config folder, then copy the new Video Cards.sgr to each.
.rar  VideoCards-NEWER.rar (Size: 3.57 KB / Downloads: 485)

This is the NEW Video cards.sgr, I've been working on. Just added yours. I have a couple more to add, then I'm going to upload both OLD, and NEW .sgr files.

Just one more thing. You're trying to play TS2 on Win 10. I wish you luck!
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019 03:25 PM by Kunder.)

#4 11-06-2019 
  • Registered
@leefish I am sorry, I don't understand at all what you mean by running it with a cracked.exe ! I don't mess around with computers much.

@Kunder if I have the ultimate edition, what would be my latest expansion pack?

Thank you!!

Also, I had my laptop plugged in to my tv through an hdmi cord and I tried to open the sims so I could show my friend the problem that I was having.... and it opened, no problem! It opened and started up quickly and I was messing around making a family with no problems. I have repeated that a couple times and each time my laptop is connected to the tv, the sims opens. However, unplugging the laptop causes the sims to crash immediately, and it will not open at all without being plugged into the tv. Very weird? I am not sure if that is at all important!

I cannot actually enjoy playing the sims while plugged into the tv, so that isn't exactly a fix for me.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019 03:02 AM by yurihands.)

#5 11-06-2019 
  • Registered
Okay, sorry to add onto this again, but I unzipped and placed the new video card file in the two locations instructed to, and I still get the same error message. I would be super willing to provide any info you need to help me with this problem!! I am worried I am doing something wrong because the fixes I am trying aren't working for me... I've attached a photo of my error message, if thats of any help

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#6 11-06-2019 
(11-06-2019 02:53 AM)yurihands Wrote:  @Kunder if I have the ultimate edition, what would be my latest expansion pack?

Your latest expansion pack is named "Mansions & Garden Stuff", and you'll find it under the the folder "Fun with Pets". The real path you're looking for might be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2<etc>\Fun with Pets\EP9\TSData\Res\". And instead of "EA Games", it might also be "Origin"... I'm not sure, because I don't have the UC myself.

The only way for the downloaded files to work correctly, is if you put them in the Config and CSConfig folder under the aforementioned "Mansions & Garden Stuff". If you put them in any other Config or CSConfig folders, they will not break your game, but they will also NOT help you with your problem. But on the other hand, it is not certain that this patch alone will be enough to fix it, anyway.

Good luck.

#7 11-06-2019 
Your message says there are no directx adapters. Sounds like your TV has them. Maybe Kunder or BO can help you install.

directx 9 installer:
directx_Jun2010_redist.exe 95.6 MB
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109

#8 11-06-2019 
Try using DirectX 11. If that doesn't work, you may not be able to run it on that machine with Win 10. You might have to get an older, used laptop, with Win7, or Win8.1.

(11-06-2019 06:18 AM)leefish Wrote:  Your message says there are no directx adapters. Sounds like your TV has them. Maybe Kunder or BO can help you install.

directx 9 installer:
directx_Jun2010_redist.exe 95.6 MB
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109

@leefish
I have the Video Cards NEWER.sgr, and Video Cards OLDER.sgr finished. Where do you want them uploaded?
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019 06:16 PM by Kunder.)

#9 11-06-2019 
  • Registered
@Kunder I downloaded the directx 11 and still no luck.... Does it need to be in a specific location, other than my downloads? Is there anything else at all you think I could try? I really appreciate all the help, I would love to be able to play the sims 2 again!! And it ran really quickly and smoothly when my laptop was hooked up to my tv, it taunted me lol

#10 12-06-2019 
(11-06-2019 06:13 PM)Kunder Wrote:  @leefish
I have the Video Cards NEWER.sgr, and Video Cards OLDER.sgr finished. Where do you want them uploaded?

As I said, make a thread in the Video Cards section and attach them both there. I'll gladly sticky the thread so it stays at the top of the board. And then every time when you update one of the files, you just edit the post, delete the old version of the file you've changed, and add the new file as attachment!

(11-06-2019 07:29 PM)yurihands Wrote:  @Kunder I downloaded the directx 11 and still no luck.... Does it need to be in a specific location, other than my downloads? Is there anything else at all you think I could try? I really appreciate all the help, I would love to be able to play the sims 2 again!! And it ran really quickly and smoothly when my laptop was hooked up to my tv, it taunted me lol

Just downloading DirectX 11 is no solution. You must INSTALL it. That means you must RUN the program that you've downloaded. Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019 12:29 AM by BoilingOil.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option