Sims 2 UC lag when sims in view
#11 01-07-2019 
@Augusto

IMHO, The problem is logical, the solution is simple, but hard to swallow.

I think TS2 is 15 years old, now. Windows 10, especially after a few updates, is a hostile environment for TS2. The nVidia 1660Ti is an even MORE hostile environment for your Sims. Realistically, It's not at ALL DX9c compatible. Any other solution OTHER than saving a few duckett$, and getting an older machine in good, working order, and running Win7, or Win8.1, running with the graphics that I've outlined in another post, is just trying to put off the inevitable. The Sims 2 is *OLD*. Newer hardware, AND newer software, have left it in the dustbin of history.

I don't think anyone wants to really face this inevitability, however, it is now upon us.

I like Kings Quest, Quest for Glory, and the original Star Control. No matter what amount of "tweaking" I do to it, they will NOT run AT ALL, on Win7, Win 8.1, or Win10, unless you can get DOSbox working (sometimes). I don't see anyone writing a program, to run TS2 on newer systems.The Sims 2, will only run on "tweaks" for a very short amount of time more. A few more Win10 updates, and most likely won't run at all. Virtual Machines are a temporary fix at best. WINE isn't a solution at all.

If you REALLY want to "future proof" your Sims 2 game, GET a GOOD QUALITY, OLDER laptop, or Desktop, with decent graphics, and load it with Windows 7. Keep it maintained. This time next year? if not sooner, this will be your ONLY choice, if you want to continue enjoying your Sims 2.

I am CURRENTLY working on a solution to get these rare, older computers for running TS2, to different European countries, at a least, a "reasonable" cost. Wish me luck. They're a dime a dozen here in the U.S. I think it's unfair y'all over across the pond, have trouble finding a way to get them. I'm working on it.

Just Sayin'
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019 11:36 PM by Kunder.)

#12 02-07-2019 
You are absolutely right, @Kunder. As long as my current box will continue to function with Win7, I'll consider myself fortunate. But once this thing needs to be replaced, I'll be in big trouble, Sims-wise. I don't like the thought, but I've already resigned to the fact that I must get used to the idea.

#13 02-07-2019 
(02-07-2019 03:00 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  You are absolutely right, @Kunder. As long as my current box will continue to function with Win7, I'll consider myself fortunate. But once this thing needs to be replaced, I'll be in big trouble, Sims-wise. I don't like the thought, but I've already resigned to the fact that I must get used to the idea.
No, you won't. I'll see what I can do about that.

#14 03-07-2019 
I'm currently investigating the cost of shipping, to the Nederlands

#15 03-07-2019 
Thanks in advance my friend, but there's no hurry right now, because my system is still relatively new. It will be several years before I need to think of replacing hardware. Any systems that are presently considered "just old enough to run TS2", will by then probably be museum pieces, relics, ancient artifacts or even fossils Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option