Hello
#1 28-08-2020 
Hi, ScaryRob here, longtime Sims 2 Lot maker.

The reason for registering here is because I wanted to leave a 'Thank You' for making those great Glamour Life Door and Arches sets, particularly the 2-tile ones. I at first wasn't able to find anything on the 'net because I was doing searches for 'Luxurious Ingress' doors, which is what Maxis calls them, before coming across some reference to the 'Glamour Life' stuff pack, which is of course where the doors come from.

Just reinstalled Sims 2 last week, after almost a year off due to a computer malfunction last October. Nothing Sims related, just a dumb thing that happened and I shouldn't have deleted all my files and reinstalled Windows 7. Yeah, still using Win 7.

Anywho, I'm getting back to updating my old Lots and creating new ones, all of which are available to download at SimFileShare https://simfileshare.net/folder/61276/. Preview pics and short descriptions can be seen at the Garden of Shadows site (Whispers in the Dark/Conjuring the Spirits/Kindred Souls forum) or at HugeLunatic's Sims2Artists site (Member Uploads forum), although I include pics and detailed descriptions with every zip file at SimFileShare also.

Yeah, updating Lots, what a concept. I seem to be the only person that does that. But I enjoy it, and if I see something that I think could be improved, why not do it? Which doesn't mean my Lots are crap to start with, since my updates are almost always just aesthetic nitpicks.
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2020 12:49 AM by ScaryRob.)

#2 29-08-2020 
Hi Rob, welcome to the Pond.

Using win7 is a good choice, especially for those who want to play TS2 without having to jump through hoops every time Microsoft decides to roll out a W10 update.
Updating lots: I don't see anything weird about that. I don't do downloaded lots, but if I did, I would like to know that the architect keeps considering it a "work in progress", regardless how good it is.

Anyway, enjoy your wanderings here,

~BO

#3 29-08-2020 
Hiya Rob wave Welcome to the pond (officially) *splash*
I love those GLS doors/arches/windows too - I use them a lot! LOL!
I also update my old lots... I've been going back to my very first ones on MTS and fixing them up bit by bit. So no, I don't find that strange either.
Glad to see you getting back to the sims; and also here at LeeFish Big Grin

#4 29-08-2020 
Hi Rob, for years Glamour Life was my favourite stuff pack and I am glad you like the doors. I like looking at lots more than building myself and as I recall you do make nice lots.

#5 29-08-2020 
Welcome to the Pond, Rob! (Written from my hotel room.... HOME TOMORROW!!!! YIPPIE!!) I'm going to kiss Texas ground tomorrow at lunchtime! Smile

#6 29-08-2020 
Coucou cher Rob ! Comment vas-tu ? Wink Smile Kisses from France.

edit: I especially remember one of your very nice octagonal lots on The Sims 2 Smile

#7 30-08-2020 
(29-08-2020 06:06 AM)leefish Wrote:  Hi Rob, for years Glamour Life was my favourite stuff pack and I am glad you like the doors. I like looking at lots more than building myself and as I recall you do make nice lots.

Those doors are great, but I was also looking for some with glass inlays. After a bit of runaround this morning, HugeLunatic made me aware of an upload she had at SimFileShare of an old repositoried set from a German simmer named Chrissy6930, who no longer seems to be active. This set contains 1-tile and 2-tile Glamour Life doors with glass inlays, perfect for dining room doors or doors to terraces and the like. There are some other things in that set that aren't that great, like oversized versions of the doors that frankly don't look very good, so I won't be using those.
Here's the link to that set in case anyone is interested: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gardenofs...747363#new
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2020 05:09 AM by ScaryRob.)

#8 30-08-2020 
Oops, someone please delete that double post, the system won't let me.

(29-08-2020 05:15 PM)poisson Wrote:  Coucou cher Rob ! Comment vas-tu ? Wink Smile Kisses from France.

edit: I especially remember one of your very nice octagonal lots on The Sims 2 Smile

Hi Fish!
Unless you have me confused with someone else, I was hoping my "octagonal" houses would appear round(ish). Like this one:

[Image: Round-House-Ext1.jpg]

[Image: Round-House-Int-Floor3.jpg]

But you're not the first person to call them octagonal.. Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2020 09:35 AM by ScaryRob.)

#9 30-08-2020 
(30-08-2020 04:58 AM)ScaryRob Wrote:  Oops, someone please delete that double post, the system won't let me.

Woah! You actually went so far as to report your own double post to the moderators. That's something we don't see often. Impressive! Thank you.

Anyway, I fixed it for you, Rob. No worries!

Have a great day!
~BO

#10 30-08-2020 
Yay Rob ^
...and - in case you didn't notice yet - Chrissy's windows do NOT have the super-cool sill like Lee's do (that match the original.) I think I ended up deleting all of her windows except for the 'sidelights'...

Happy simming! Celebrate

Sorry, that is a members only option