windows 7 - stuck at 3976 MB no MATTER WHAT HALP
#1 21-12-2020 
  • Registered
Hi,

Panicking a tiny bit as I'll need things to do during this stupid quarantine.

for whatever reason, the sims 2 keeps crashing. i am also consistently stuck at 3976 MB of recognizable RAM no matter how many times i go back and re-do the 4GB path. i wanna say it's about maybe 1hr of total gameplay (including moving in sims, removing them, saving them in their new homes). i notice it doesn't crash often when i'm in CAS but as soon as i go back to a neighborhood, it eventually crashes and i see that dreaded windows cursor not the blue one. Sad

here's what i have done so far. btw i'm running windows 7 and these were installed using the discs.

- tried the CFF explorer thing and attempted to change my memory from 25,000 - 30,000mb.
- tried the george.exe patch so i wouldn't have to use CFF explorer
- (i might be doing this wrong) tried to cut the new .exe file from TSbin to CSbin.
- tried to use the intel (not nvidia, unless i need that?) patch for the graphics card

and it's super annoying because i think the textures have clearly been updated and they look AMAZING now. the only problem is that the game is still stuck on 3976 MB!!!! i was even considering getting a better laptop to play the sims since this is literally the only game i play. if someone could let me know if there's something else that i'm missing? i would gladly show you my log as well unless someone can help without it. all help appreciated. happy holidays, simmers!

.txt  YOURMAGICISREAL-config-log.txt (Size: 10.39 KB / Downloads: 238)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 83.06 KB / Downloads: 221)

#2 24-12-2020 
(21-12-2020 10:55 PM)sweetbabygirl Wrote:  - tried the CFF explorer thing and attempted to change my memory from 25,000 - 30,000mb.
Say what? This is not even possible. And using the 4gb is pointless as your dxDiag shows you only have 4gb of ram.

(21-12-2020 10:55 PM)sweetbabygirl Wrote:  - tried to use the intel (not nvidia, unless i need that?) patch for the graphics card
Your dxDiag only shows one video card, the intel HD Graphics 4000. You need to add your graphics card to the videocards.sgr, it's not recognized.

Running all EPs on your system specs is going to be a strain without cc.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option