Screen flickering and tearing
#1 19-03-2021 
  • Registered
Hi Everyone,

Please see attached image. I'm playing on Win10. Two months ago, my game started crashing no matter what I did after working perfectly fine. I finally got it to where it's not crashing immediately, and I ran into this flickering pixelated glitch. The glitch moves with the arrow and sometimes a sim or object looks transparent.

I also downloaded the Radeon graphics card from here and made sure it was in the database. However, after booting the game up a few times, my config file now shows as GeForce 7800 GTX.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-DFA1D6V-config-log.txt (Size: 10.19 KB / Downloads: 216)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 101.71 KB / Downloads: 222)

#2 19-03-2021 
Did you try the new Graphics Rule Maker?

#3 19-03-2021 
Doesn't "my config file now shows as GeForce 7800 GTX." mean they tried the DVX-or-whatever-that-is fix?
You prolly want to take that out. Your Graphics card may not be able to handle it?

#4 19-03-2021 
  • Registered
(19-03-2021 01:14 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  Did you try the new Graphics Rule Maker?
Yes, I did but it didn't help.

@CatherineTCJD - you're right, l added dvdx to stop the pink flashing. However, the graphic glitch occurs even without it.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option