Here we go again
#1 25-05-2021 
  • Registered
I have windows 10 desktop intel and my sims 2 games cannot stop crashing. I have deleted bad cc and ran the game many times. I play with an uberhood and it crashes constantly if I play with Brandi or Nina. I look thru this forum many times and still cannot find an answer. I heard using GRM and the patch is not good so I avoid them both.

Here are my specs if it helps?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 25-05-2021 05:01 AM by vrytrash.)

#2 25-05-2021 
Why do you attach a screenshot of your config-log to the post INSTEAD of just attaching the config-log file itself?
I'm sorry to say that this is NOT inviting people to help you, @vrytrash

#3 25-05-2021 
You need to download and run the latest version of GRM, checking the first two tickboxes; and then do the 4gb patch.

#4 27-05-2021 
  • Registered
(25-05-2021 09:27 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  hot of yo

Attached bc my computer name had personal info that is why I blocked that part. DOES that ANSWER your QUESTION?

#5 27-05-2021 
(27-05-2021 01:35 AM)vrytrash Wrote:  Attached bc my computer name had personal info that is why I blocked that part. DOES that ANSWER your QUESTION?

No, it does NOT. If you didn't want us to know your username on your computer, you could have used notepad to change the name in the logfile! It really isn't that hard.
There may be important information lower down in the log file that we now cannot see, because it isn't shown in the screenshot.
And all that, because you don't want us to know what username you give yourself on your computer? It must be VERY offensive, if you feel you need to hide it.

#6 27-05-2021 
(25-05-2021 04:56 AM)vrytrash Wrote:  I heard using GRM and the patch is not good so I avoid them both.

That'll be from the vocal minority who don't follow the guides and/or won't explain exactly what they did/tried that hasn't worked (as opposed to what they believed they had done)

For the silent majority, GRM and the 4Gb patch is the silver bullet

#7 27-05-2021 
  • Registered

Not offensive but it contains my husband's name? Thank you for letting me know I can change it but I feel you have a tone when I'm just trying to find answers that's all.

So, should I use it? I tried to use the 4Gb patch but honestly, it did nothing and I felt like it made my game crash even more.
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2021 04:05 PM by vrytrash.)

#8 27-05-2021 
"... run the latest version of GRM ... and then do the 4gb patch."

If your graphics card can't handle the load the 4Gb patch ain't going to improve things.

1) Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date for the version of Windows you're running/stuck with
2) Use GRM to get the graphics card working properly with your game/system - this may also need to use the software that came with your graphics card to get it to be used with the Sims 2
3) Do the 4Gb patch

#9 28-05-2021 
  • Registered
I have the current Windows 10 on Desktop.

So should I use the GRM forreal because its back and forth on here?

Okay here is my specs, hope this helps?

Attached File(s)
.txt  HOME-COMPUTER-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 223)
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2021 01:54 AM by vrytrash.)

#10 28-05-2021 
(28-05-2021 01:52 AM)vrytrash Wrote:  So should I use the GRM?

How many times and by how many different people do you need to be told this? If you don't want to take our advice, why bother coming here in the first place?

Goodbye

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option