Uploading my custom 'hood
#1 26-05-2011 
I have been working off and on for several months to create and learn how to upload a custom 'hood.
I learn to use SC4 and got my new world into my game, TS2. I have been customizing it with Maxis Neighborhood decor and one custom item. I have learned how to get the thumbnail to show up. I am very proud of learning how to do that.
Before I learned it looked like this:
[Image: WFAT-1.jpg]

This is an older screen shot but it is basically the way the neighborhood appears minus lots:
[Image: BB001-2-1.jpg]

However, when I package it none of the rocks or trees or rainbows, etc., show up when it is added into the Neighborhood file. Why not? Or How can I get it right?

I have studied other custom 'hoods uploaded on MTS and I am just not connecting the dots.

Also, if anyone is willing to test it after I get it correctly assembled for upload, I would appreciate that.

#2 26-05-2011 
Hmm, I am not SURE on this but I think you have to have later than a certain EP (or just one EP) to be able to include custom deco, but I think you are referring to Maxis Deco.

I will have a look on MTS. I bet BO knows though.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 26-05-2011 
I have all EPs and SPs. The other thing that is frustrating me is that if I rename the N00* file then the 'hood won't show up in my game even if everything is intact in the Docs/TS2/Nhbs folder. Does that make sense on some level?

EDIT: BTW - Thanks for responding. Heart

#4 26-05-2011 
You know, the BEST person for you to ask about hoods is Mootilda over on MTS. She can seem a bit grumpy but she has a heart of gold. A politely worded sensible request for help/some links to information would be a good bet.

#5 26-05-2011 
Where would I make the request at MTS, in a PM or a forum?

You know I am nothing at MTS, the most I have ever done is thank creators and defend Jon.

#6 26-05-2011 
(26-05-2011 12:55 AM)leefish Wrote:  I will have a look on MTS. I bet BO knows though.

Alas I must burst this bubble. I know nothing of this part of the game, unfortunately.

#7 26-05-2011 
Hmm, I had a look over on MTS - maybe NOT pm Mootilda. She has a very gruff message on her profile that basically says "PM me for random help and I shall ignore you".

Try PMing Zaxis >> http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=261417 >> tell him Lee sent you (and she misses seeing him in create)

#8 27-05-2011 
Thanks, Lee. If you would like a sneak peak of my 'hood you can catch it HERE.
I threw in some bagpipe music 'cuz I have hidden depths. Rofl
It is pretty boring after the first 2 minutes.

#9 29-05-2011 
(26-05-2011 05:46 PM)leefish Wrote:  Hmm, I had a look over on MTS - maybe NOT pm Mootilda. She has a very gruff message on her profile that basically says "PM me for random help and I shall ignore you".

Try PMing Zaxis >> http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=261417 >> tell him Lee sent you (and she misses seeing him in create)

I did PM Zaxis and I have been studying more and looking at other uploaded 'hoods.
I put my 'hood up for testing help over at Plumbbob Keep.

EDIT:

More study of Zaxis' Custom 'hoods revealed:

Quote:As a decorated neighborhood can't be packaged you need to download the custom content yourself. The neighborhood will work if you do not download everything. Please remember to place the cc into the downloads folder before you start the game, as the cc will not appear if you add them after you have opened the neighborhood once.

To install Carnen, open the .rar file and move the folder named N155 to your EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder. You'll find them in your "My documents" folder. (Or "Documents" if you've got Vista. Sooo efficient .) If you just want the terrain with no decor, the .sc4 file is included in the same .rar. Just move it to EA Games\The Sims 2\SC4Terrains and make a new neighborhood the usual way. You do not need the .sc4 terrain to use the decorated 'hood.

#10 29-05-2011 
Yes, I recommended Zaxis as he is a nice guy and made a LOT of hoods.

Sorry, that is a members only option