sims 2 crashes on loading screen
#1 07-05-2023 
my old computer died and i had to switch over to a new hardrive with a new graphics card, i havent even loaded up mods or anything yet. i just installed the dreaded ea app and redownloaded the sims2 ultimate collection. I downloaded george and graphics rules from a previous post of mine however without george the game crashes during the first loading screen, with george it crashes upon loading the neighborhood.

im running windows 10

.txt  DAISEY-config-log.txt (Size: 9.17 KB / Downloads: 72)
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2023 07:39 PM by legendary444.)

#2 08-05-2023 
I'm guessing it has something to do with the graphics card but i don't really remember how to update those. i tried downloading graphics rules maker but i don't think i really know what I'm doing. trying to save graphics rules from there and loading up the game tells me it cant find any drives that work with direct x or something like that. going into the video cards the one i have doesn't seem to be there but i don't know how to make it get recognized? can someone help? this is getting ridiculous.

#3 08-05-2023 
nevermind i got it working. my stupid self didnt download direct x. so i did that and used graphics rule maker again and there we have it its finally loading.

#4 08-05-2023 
Talk about self help. Well done, @legendary444.

#5 08-05-2023 
(08-05-2023 03:04 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Talk about self help. Well done, @legendary444.
thankyou lol

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option