Sims 2 Pink/Purple Flashing. How can I fix this?
#1 01-06-2023 
  • Registered
Hi.

I just got a completely new computer after my last one went kapoot. I've installed the Sims 2 and I get this pink/purple flashing 30 minutes - 1 hour into gameplay (however the quickest being 15 minutes) this flashing will appear in neighborhood view and in lot view. Sometimes the application terminates. I know this is a common problem, but I have never personally experienced it in all of my 10+ years of simming. How can I fix this?

I have Sims 2 RPC, with the 4GB patch applied and around 10 GB of Custom Content. The issue appears even without any custom content or very few. I never had this issue on my old computer so I'm at a loss. Anyways, I'd appreciate any help. Attached is my config file.

Computer Specs if needed:
Windows 10 Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6 GHz
RAM: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16GB @3200MHz CL16 DDR4
GPU: GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC 8GB

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  DESKTOP-JESSIPC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 86)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 92.18 KB / Downloads: 78)
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023 03:45 AM by Kalei.)

#2 03-06-2023 
Your gpu isn't listed in the videocards.sgr. Add it manually or use GRM and it will add it for you. But only use the dedicated amount of memory that your GPU has, not what GRM suggests.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option