sims2 #1
To those people who are still using version 1.3, I apologize for the horrible substandard abomination I inflicted upon you all before. There was little - if any - excuse for that. Now I offer you version 1.6, which will actually do as I promise you here.

There are multiple mods out there that allow for autonomous storing of leftovers. Three of them I know of: dizzy (sorry, no link available), AncientHighway (also no link), and MogHughson each have made their own versions. They all missed something, though...

This new mod (version 1.6) is a cleaned up, efficient mod that allows for autonomous storage of leftovers. And it's smaller than all the others mentioned.
But there are some twists to how mine works:
  • Sitting sims will NOT get up to autonomously store leftovers or clean up dishes. EVER!
  • On ANY lot where a Dorm Cook works (either real dorms, or fakes with Inge Jones' ijStoveNPCalwaysPatch from Simlogical, for example), sims will NEVER autonomously store leftovers.
  • On ANY lot where a Dorm Cook works (as above), dishes can ONLY be autonomously cleaned up, if they're NOT in the cafeteria.
  • On any other residential lot, sims will NEVER autonomously clean up a dish that could be stored as leftovers, UNLESS they're already collecting dishes to clean up, in which case they may also pick up leftovers.
  • When cleaning up, sims will now collect 7 dishes maximum, in stead of 5 (one serving platter plus the six food dishes it should provide by default).
  • Sloppy sims and children may autonomously lick plates clean.

There are two versions of the mod in this archive:

BO - Food Dish Autonomy.package : This is the standard version, do NOT use this if you have MogHughson's Simply Leftovers, because they will clash. This clash can not be resolved. The last mod to load will control how leftovers are handled. (see LOAD ORDER)

BO - Food Dish Autonomy-MogH.package: This is the alternative version, designed for use WITH MogHughson's Simply Leftovers. Do NOT use this if you don't have MogHughson's mod. HCDU *will* report a conflict, but this is an intentional LOAD ORDER issue! The latest version of Mog's mod (dated september 2010) *must* be present, and it *must* load *before* mine!

(Note: in previous versions, the 'MogH' version was named differently. Be sure to remove the old version, when you start using this new one)

Of course, you use only *one* of these two package files. Loading both is nonsense, and can only result in problems!

UPDATE, May 23rd, 2015 (mod filedate April 30st, 2012): Version 1.6 is a cleaned-up version that I meant to release three years ago, but did not get around to before my system broke. I cannot determine if this update fixes anything important other than just efficiency and filesize, so I'm not saying that one must re-download. UNLESS one encounters any kind of issues with the previous version, in which case that is my *first* advise. Because I *do* recall some people reporting problems long ago, but as long as I have been running this version, I have not seen any issues myself. So if you're not yet using version 1.6, in case of any issues I will not be able to offer any support other than "Oh my, I'm so sorry for your troubles...".

UPDATE, March 1st, 2016: It seems that I have mis-represented this mod's requirements. The minimal EP required is "Bon Voyage", not "Seasons" as I stated earlier. I'm deeply ashamed of this screw-up, for which I offer my most sincere apologies.

Happy Simming.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Food Dish Autonomy Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 3.43 KB | File Name BO - Food Dish Autonomy v1.6.zip | # of Downloads 3,750
File Updated 23-05-2015

Comments
#9 20-11-2010
That is a good addition - think of those old folks homes Smile

#10 20-11-2010
Exactly that kind of thing. And also, some people use Squinge's MegaCollegePack, and have their YAs living in dorm-like residentials in the main hood, to avoid the usual restrictions one has to contend with in regular dorms.

One of such people asked for this addition Wink

#11 20-11-2010
Where do I get this HCDU?

#12 20-11-2010
At Paladin's Place, dear. (actually, the link goes to his programs section, where it hangs out.)

Sorry, that is a members only option