Menu Layout Change
#1 24-11-2010 
Yes, you may have noticed that the menu links have changed. I am not 100% happy with them, but I think they are more organised now.

My biggest issue is with the downloads threads......the list is really superlong, but we have a couple of mini sites here on LeeFish - these are areas of LeeFish which are "branded" with a creator style and contain that creators uploads - and if I don't offer a link to those on the header then a creators work can be missed.

That would be a shame - on the other hand, its nice, but it does mean that downloads can be a pain to get to in a short number of clicks. Its the downside of this design - if I had chucked em all in one big forum then yea, we could get to them faster - but the "branding" would be lost. The software can do it, just not in this setup.

So anyway, the Sims Creativity link is like really long..... but I can't think of a way to change it.

If you have any suggestions on the menu that would be great - but - a couple of things -
  • I HATE nested drop down menus as they are often really hard to use, requiring precise mouse movements - menus like that always exasperate me.
  • We cannot "just use jQuery" - this site is built on prototype and scriptaculous - and JQuery and prototype don't always get along - even with jQuery in no conflict mode.

Enjoy the menus Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 26-11-2010 
leefish;1912 Wrote:Yes, you may have noticed that the menu links have changed. I am not 100% happy with them, but I think they are more organised now.

Testing new quote syntax Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

Sorry, that is a members only option