Disaster strikes LeeFish
#11 13-12-2010 
yeah but who would do such a thing ?

#12 14-12-2010 
Oh, no! How awful that your site has been hacked and you've lost your files Sad I came to thank you for making the "Conspicuous Views" window for blueskies (who shared it with me) but I am so sorry to hear this awful news! I have all (I think) of the S2 things published here and I put them up here for you. I can't help with S3, though. If I missed uploading anything that you remember, let me know and I'll look for it.
amythestfenix, proud to be a member of Leefish since Mar 2010

#13 14-12-2010 
Thank you Amythestfenix, I was gonna post the Conspicuous Views here, and I will once all is patched up Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#14 14-12-2010 
Good news - all is fixed - I got some files back from the host plus the files from Amythestfenix and we have my downloads back on the road.

#15 15-12-2010 
YAY!! *performs happy dance for Leefish*

#16 16-12-2010 
Yay! *joins in happy dance*
amythestfenix, proud to be a member of Leefish since Mar 2010

#17 16-12-2010 
  • Registered
Might I ask what this security loop was (if related to mybb)? Just wanna check and make sure I don't happen to have the same one Tongue I'm glad you were able to recover so well from this attack. I was attacked some time ago and lost everything. It was when I had first begun with MyBB and didn't know much about security measures and didn't make any backups or anything.

#18 17-12-2010 
Um, well, I don't want to say what it was in case there is another forum out there with the same issue. I HAVE reported it to the plugin developer.

Yes, I had backups. I take a weekly backup of the board (its pretty quiet here, so weekly is ok). What I DON'T do is a weekly back up of the FTP.... I will from now on though. Well, not all of it, just the bits where there are files I don't want to lose - like the attachments. Luckily, that is all in one folder, so its easy to grab that folder and copy it. I would like to set up a cron job or something, but as I am on a shared host I don't have that level of access to the server. So I will just have to remember.

#19 17-12-2010 
  • Registered
Might I ask a pm of what the plugin was? lol, have a lot of plugins on my site, don't want one of them to be it Tongue

Yes yes, backups are very important. I backup my entire site daily and keep them for a long time.

#20 19-12-2010 
I have other Admin to do the backups for "my" forum.
Hmmmm.... Caused by a plugin?

Sorry, that is a members only option