sims2 #1
In real life, the number of Job offers isn't the same every day, so why would they be in-game? It doesn't make sense. So, in response to a request from ZephyrZodiac, I created 'BO - Random Job Offer'. This mod will cause the number of jobs available to be randomized in the following manner:

A new Lot-based Token was created that holds a random value. Every morning, when the newspaper is delivered, that Token is destroyed. The first sim to look for a job that day, will cause a new random number to be rolled and stored in the token. All subsequent Job searches on that lot during that day, will all use that number to determine how many jobs are available.

For computer:

0 jobs: 40%
1 job: 17.5%
2 jobs: 12.5%
3 jobs: 11%
4 jobs: 10%
5 jobs: 9%

For newspaper:

0 jobs: 50%
1 job: 21%
2 jobs: 16%
3 jobs: 13%

The percentages are rough estimates...

This should work with FT or better. No guarantees if you don't have at least FT, though...

Update Jan 21, 2011: AncientHighway was correct; a "no more jobs" dialog would appear if sims were just READING the paper. I forgot to include a test to bypass the job-counter if sims are simply reading. In version 1.1, this PHAIL has now been corrected. Redownload is recommended.
Extra: There's now also the EQO version: EQO stands for EQual Opportunities, and it means that in newspapers there's 25% chance of no jobs, 25% chance of 1 job, etc. For computers, the chances are 16.6% each.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Random Job Offer Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.62 KB | File Name BO - Random Job Offer v1.1.zip | # of Downloads 1,072
File Updated 21-01-2011

Filesize 1.62 KB | File Name BO - Random Job Offer EQO.zip | # of Downloads 548  

Comments
#5 27-12-2010

Thought I'd give this a try. When my sims read the paper, not look for a job, the dialog pops up saying no more jobs. It appears to be okay on the other paper options though.

AH

#6 27-12-2010
Hmm, that's odd; I'll have to look at that. Just in case: are you using any other mods that may affect newspapers in any way?

#7 28-12-2010

No conflicts with your mod. Maybe a slim possibility my YA jobs are interfering, but I know they don't touch the Read option and I use a custom Job Category ID for them.

AH

#8 28-12-2010
Ok, I'll see what I can find.

Sorry, that is a members only option