• Bare Essential Bed Railings
  • Uploader:
sims3 #1
Updated for 1.26!

Okay! After going through many trials and tribulations with my Bare Essentials Bed Set it came to my attention that the shifted down beds don't work in high rise apartment shells.

[Image: thumb640x480]

So, to compromise, I made some deco railings to go under the beds when at regular height. By using these, you can still get that "bare minimum" look and feel without the bed having to be completely on the floor. I chose not to just upload an version of the bed with the railings attached because I didn't want to lose the customization options.

[Image: thumb640x480]

The railings have three channels: main railings, side guards and feet. Both meshes have good UV mapping as demonstrated.

[Image: mr7net.jpg]

There are two options: one with a ground shadow and one with no ground shadow. I included one with a ground shadow for realism if the railing is stand alone. However, it looks kinda weird when they're under a bed so I took them off for those who don't want them. Only install one version.

How to Set Up the Bed:
  1. Purchase the bed and leave it at regular height (do not shift it up or down).
  2. Go to Decor -> Sculptures and find the corresponding bed railings
  3. Place under the bed, and viola!

The railings have correct footprints so it'll snap snugly under the bed. It doesn't block sim animations so they won't whine when trying to get in the bed.

Price:
Single Bed - 30 simoleons
Double Bed - 45 simoleons

-You may use my creations with sims
-You may use my objects with lots.
-You may retexture my meshes.
-You may include my meshes with retextures.
-You may NOT upload my creations with sims
-You may NOT upload my objects with lots.
-You may NOT upload my creations to paysites.
-You may NOT upload my creations to the exchange.
-Always credit me with a link
-I do NOT take requests!

Screenshots
Bare Essential Bed Railings Screenshot Bare Essential Bed Railings Screenshot Bare Essential Bed Railings Screenshot Bare Essential Bed Railings Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 475.87 KB | File Name daluved1_1.26_BE_BedRails-NOSHADOW.rar | # of Downloads 1,711
File Updated 29-10-2011

Filesize 465.28 KB | File Name daluved1_1.26_BE_BedRails.rar | # of Downloads 1,355
File Updated 29-10-2011

Comments
#2 08-01-2011
Crikey Dal - these are really neat - thank you Smile

#3 08-01-2011
  • Fishlike Associate
I hate that ground shadow the more I look at it, so I have a version without it.

And thanks Lee Big Grin

#4 08-01-2011
Yea, its a bit heavy. You can add a custom shadow you know - one thats a bit less heavy.

Sorry, that is a members only option