sims2 #1
When your sim runs a shop, normally all kinds of sims come in there, buying stuff. Good, because that's what a shop is for. Running a shop wouldn't help you much if there were no customers.

However, all those playable sims from other households you play, all buy stuff which they often don't need at all. Of course, you could sell that stuff from inventory (except clothing/jewelry, which doesn't show up anywhere), but they'll still lose money. At the same time, all kinds of townies collect objects which they actually don't pay for (no worries, the shopkeeper still gets paid) so when you have one of them move in with some playable, you get all that free stuff to sell again! (seems like fraud to me).

Fortunately, Squinge (or The Dork) made a mod - shopnosaveitem - which at least solves the issue for playables. That still doesn't stop townie-fraud, though. So I adapted his strategy! From now on, only SELECTABLE sims (that means sims from the household you're playing) will actually keep the stuff they buy. ALL others will only simulate their purchases, while the shopkeeper still sells everything for real.

Enjoy!

NOTE: Obviously, this should NOT be used together with Squinge's mod...They conflict and only one of them will work: that one that loads last!

UPDATE Feb 17, 2011: In some cases, an error was thrown right after a customer had paid their bill. This was due to a PHAIL on my part. I've now corrected this issue. Re-download is recommended.

Credits: Thanks go to Squinge, for the original shopnosaveitem.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Simulated Sales Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.23 KB | File Name BO - Simulated Sales.zip | # of Downloads 2,400
File Updated 17-02-2011

Comments
#13 27-03-2018
Thank you.
I'll make sure all mods that conflict with ofbfixes load after ofbfixes.package just to make sure.
This is the complete block of the conflict with your mod:
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Patron Buy
Group ID: 0x7FDE81DC
Instance ID: 0x00002007
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Oud\Onmisbaar CI OK\2Mods (mods objects)\BO - Simulated Sales\BO - Simulated Sales.package
\downloads\Testen\201803\25 Possible conflict ofbfixes see leefish\ofbfixes\ofbfixes.package

#14 28-03-2018
Hello @Sims2Idea,

You use very long names for your folders, don't you? I always put mods in a folder named after the creator. So all my Pescado mods go into a single folder "Downloads\! Hacks\!! Pescado !!\" (so ALL other mods ALWAYS load after all Pescado's mods), and my own mods go into the folder "Downloads\! Hacks\zzz-BoilingOil\" (so they usually always load after everything else).

Anyway, I've checked that routine in the original ofbfixes file, and read the RTFM file about it. I don't think you'll miss anything. As long as my mod loads last, you're good to go.

Happy simming!

#15 28-03-2018
I usually just keep the name the author gave it and add the authors name and website I put in a textfile in the same folder. Normally the foldernames are not as long as "25 possible...."
That's just because I put them in a testfolder before I keep them and 25 is the date of the month.
But I'll make sure ofbfixes loads first. I'll create a folder with !! In the name.
Thanks for the help and the hint.

#16 29-03-2018
I see. I usually consider that the file itself keeping the name the author gave it is good enough. The folder name could be anything I like. So if I give the folder the name of the author, all other files of that author can also go there, and I don't need to write a text file with the author's name in each mod's folder.

But of course, each person chooses their own method to keep track of stuff Smile Anyway, no need to thank me. I was happy to be able to help. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option