sims2 #1
For some shopkeepers, having a standard cash register is just not an option: Their shop may be too small to support any employees, while the owner himself doesn't have the time and/or skills to work the register. So that's where Inge Jones' Auto Cash Register comes in. Customers can now quickly pay for bought items themselves! A great object that I use rather often. Thank you, Inge!

However, there's one issue: the Auto Cash Register is NOT affected by either Squinge's shopnosaveitem or my Simulated Sales! In shops where you use Inge's system, sims will still waste money on needless purchases! Now I succeeded in adapting the register to include the logic from Simulated Sales and, with Inge's explicit permission, I now bring you the SS Auto Cash Register.

This cash register uses the same GUID as Inge's original, so you can NOT have both in your game. But that seems logical to me. Why would you have both??
The SS register will still do exactly the same as Inge's version, but it will use the same techniques as Simulated Sales to prevent non-selectable sims from stocking up on unnecessary junk.

Enjoy once more Smile

NOTE: I'm still uncertain how this will affect sales in animal shops. I've never played any, and I don't intend to, either. If someone knows/finds out, please let me know here.

Credits: Thanks go to Inge Jones for making the Auto Cash Register, and for allowing me to publish this new version.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - SS Auto Cash Register Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 30.19 KB | File Name BO - SS Auto Cash Register.zip | # of Downloads 1,868  

Comments
#2 23-06-2011
This is a really great mod; I'm going to try it as soon as possible. Thank you BO Smile

#3 23-06-2011
I am so glad that Alet brought this jewel back to our attention. I see it already has had several downloads. Now that I am starting up some shops and home businesses this will be a real boost in my game. Thanks, BO! Heart

#4 29-06-2011
Nice, I always liked this, thanks for updating.

Sorry, that is a members only option