Alien Impregnator "Sex" Choice?
#1 26-02-2011 
(Yeah, the thread name is kinda strange but I wasn't really sure how else to describe it!)

This is just another "could anything like this be done" post from your local deranged she-wolf, so here goes nothing:

When dealing with a "multi-pollination tech" type mod is there anyway to get the game to use the "right" sex for the pregnancy, based on the sex of the abducted Sim?

Meaning that if a female Sim is abducted/made pregnant her "sperm donor" would be chosen from the available male techs, while if a male Sim suffers the same fate his "egg donor" would be limited to one of the female techs?

Obviously this isn't an earth-shattering thing ('cause changing the NID of the baby-to-be can be done with a couple different mods out there) but I was just curious if such a thing could be done automatically...?
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

#2 26-02-2011 
Interesting question, hon. I *think* it might be possible to first scan the list of available PTs, add only the ones of the proper gender to an array, and then randomly select one from that array.
Another method might be to just select a PT, then check their gender, and if not appropriate, just randomly try another one. Lather, rinse, repeat until a PT of the correct gender has been found.

There would also be other alternatives. For example: one could use gender preference; if the abductee is a lesbian, one could force a female PT. Or force the opposite; a straight male would be tortured by forcing a male PT on him Wink

The ideal situation would be where one could configure a value in a BCON to select "Same Gender only", "Opposite Gender only", "Use Gender preference", "Opposite Gender preference" or "Anything goes".

I *could* have a look at it, if you like. I'm afraid, though, that it could NOT be a part of Alien Experiments. In stead, it would have to replace the usual multi-PT mod. (I don't want to force multiple PTs on AE users)

#3 26-02-2011 
werry interestink...
ve vill be vatching for dewelopmnts

#4 26-02-2011 
(26-02-2011 07:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...There would also be other alternatives. For example: one could use gender preference; if the abductee is a lesbian, one could force a female PT....

Actually, I was thinking of something like that too, but didn't want to ask for "too much" at first, as I wasn't even sure if any selection control at all could (maybe) even be possible!

(26-02-2011 07:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...Or force the opposite; a straight male would be tortured by forcing a male PT on him..

Bwahahahaha! Here you go, reading my mind again!

(26-02-2011 07:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...The ideal situation would be where one could configure a value in a BCON to select "Same Gender only", "Opposite Gender only", "Use Gender preference", "Opposite Gender preference" or "Anything goes".

That would be awesome, if it's at all even possible!

(26-02-2011 07:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...I'm afraid, though, that it could NOT be a part of Alien Experiments. In stead, it would have to replace the usual multi-PT mod. (I don't want to force multiple PTs on AE users)

Agreed that that's the most sensible solution. No point in forcing folks into having to use "features" they don't want! (Unlike some other modders who shall remain nameless. *cough, cough* Pescado *cough cough*)
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

#5 26-02-2011 
(26-02-2011 08:15 PM)Zirconia Wolf Wrote:  
(26-02-2011 07:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...There would also be other alternatives. For example: one could use gender preference; if the abductee is a lesbian, one could force a female PT....

Actually, I was thinking of something like that too, but didn't want to ask for "too much" at first, as I wasn't even sure if any selection control at all could (maybe) even be possible!

Of course this is possible. It just won't be as easy as just picking any random PT, and may take some hefty coding, but it *can* be done.

(26-02-2011 07:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...Or force the opposite; a straight male would be tortured by forcing a male PT on him..

Bwahahahaha! Here you go, reading my mind again!

You know me: I'm every bit as weird as you are. AE is the best example out there of how I like to have some sinister options, and I know how you like those as well. So this was a no-brainer for me Wink

(26-02-2011 07:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...The ideal situation would be where one could configure a value in a BCON to select "Same Gender only", "Opposite Gender only", "Use Gender preference", "Opposite Gender preference" or "Anything goes".

That would be awesome, if it's at all even possible!

No need for me to repeat the obvious, I guess??

Ok, consider me busy trying to make this happen Wink

#6 26-02-2011 
(26-02-2011 08:38 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Ok, consider me busy trying to make this happen Wink

Whooo yea!!
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#7 26-02-2011 
Actually, I've been thinking, and I'm now sure that I CAN - and therefor WILL - make this a part of Alien Experiments after all, and WITHOUT forcing people to install a multi-PT mod!

If there's no multi-PT mod installed, only one PT can be selected: the original Maxis PT or his Default Replacement. In that case, the only acceptable setting for the Alien's gender, would be "Everything goes" (or "Same Gender" for males and "Opposite Gender" for females)

The advantage will be, that when I start working on creating the option for relationships between PTs and Abductees (another planned feature for AE), I'll be able to adjust those relations according to the Alien's gender and the Abductee's preference. If a sim gets knocked up by the right gender PT, they may start out liking it. If, on the other hand, they get knocked up by the wrong gender PT, they may start hating their captor!

#8 26-02-2011 
lol BO. You have a cruel sense of humour ..... I like it Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#9 26-02-2011 
I know! When my sense of humour finally developed (at age 36, no less), it turned out to be quite darkish, and it's caused me a lot of pleasure.

By the way, Alien Abductions are a cruel joke to begin with, aren't they? The only problem is that, when unmodded, they're so predictable... A little variation is a lot more fun. <evil grin>

#10 27-02-2011 
Quote:The only problem is that, when unmodded, they're so predictable... A little variation is a lot more fun. <evil grin>

*Nonni is having delicious chills*

Sorry, that is a members only option