Alien Impregnator "Sex" Choice?
#31 27-02-2011 
InSim? No thank you... I'd rather keep with things I know.
The multi-PT mod... come on, Jim. I tore that one apart and expanded it myself. I know the back and front ends of that thing, and it tells us naught. Believe me.

#32 27-02-2011 
(27-02-2011 05:22 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  @ZW: Is there already a tool somewhere to change the "father" in-game after impregnation? If not, I might have to create something, if I can... Dang, that would help!

I swear there was such a thing but off the top of my head I can't remember what it was! I do know there exists a thingy that triggers a pop-up that shows the ID/Name of the unborn kid's daddy (InTeen?) but it's been a while since I actually played/tested anything. (Still mired in the screenshot-project-from-hell! Arg!!!!)

I'm sure this is utterly useless, but I know XPLT (?) has a pregnancy table doohicky that (in additon to allowing for fake delivery/etc) has the following in it's ReadMe Info:

There are two options - "To have a baby with someone" and "to surrogate".
To have a baby with someone - will cause that a second parent is selected by dialog.
If the female sim is married, the husband will be automatically selected.
If not you are allowed to choose the parent nr.2 and the baby will be named from the sim in action.
To surrogate will invert the parent order and you will be allowed to choose the parent nr.1, the one who will give its name to the baby.
So, the sim in action will have the baby for someone else.

Okay, I admit I have a hard time understanding what the heck he's talking about (XPLT often comes across as being deliberately incomprehensible at times) but I don't think I've ever seen anything else that mentions letting a Sim effectively deliver for someone else (which is what I think the "surrogate" option allows for- though I could be wrong!) and that has always intrigued me....

...and, of course has nothing to do with the whole "Alien Parent ID" problem, so I am probably wasting my time even mentioning it, but you know how I like to ramble!

Anyway, if anybody cares, links are:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/top...668.0.html (original tables, real & fake)
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/top...671.0.html (revised table)
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/top...752.0.html (revised fake delivery table)
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/top...932.0.html (newest real delivery table)

All tables are for adult females only, no males or teens allowed.

There is also a version on InSim Adult that includes males (& allows for abortions) but as it's an 18+ only site, I'll refrain form linking to it. (It's under Sims 2 Adult Objects & Misc Downloads, if any 18+ folks care to hunt for it.)

*sheesh, what a bunch of blathering nonsense!*
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

#33 28-02-2011 
Hon, I know you like to call what you do "rambling", but to me it makes sense. I'd like to know where that XPTL doohicky can be found... Not that it does anything I need right now, but I'd love to dissect it, and see what useful code is in there.

And about the "surrogate" option, I can say this:

The sim that gets pregnant, and eventually delivers the baby (usually in short called the 'mother', regardless of gender), is ALWAYS 'parent 1' in the code. The impregnating sim (for short, the 'father'), is ALWAYS 'parent 2'. Usually, when you look at a family tree of any BIG sim in-game, you'll see that the 'mother' is on the left (shown first) and the 'father' on the right. At birth, any child also always takes the mother's last name. And even when you look up a family tree in SimPE, usually, the MOTHER is named 'parent A', and the FATHER is 'parent B'.

(NOTE: When I say ALWAYS, I actually mean ALWAYS! But the truth is, it's only certain for BIG sims; for premade sims, the Maxoids may have messed it up.)

The "surrogate" option will allow you to select a different 'mother' (parent 1, as they say) than the person you want to have the baby. So, your active sim would really be a surrogate mother! I think you could even use an elder or a dead sim as 'parent 1' for this "surrogate" option.

#34 01-03-2011 
I must preface this post with an apology to BO (baby) for what I am about to say is definitely off topic.

Zirconia, I went to the link for wolf smilies and now I have to wear a diaper. I have laughed and laughed. I love the duckie bombs, nukes and grenades. Thank you!

#35 14-07-2012 
And suddenly I realize that this request has somehow been fulfilled for quite a while now, and I never reported that fact here... At september 24th, 2011 I uploaded my own version of the multi-PT mod which does exactly as ZW requested... sort of Big Grin

#36 17-07-2012 
Actually it's even better than what I had thought possible, to be honest! I was afraid that it would be impossible to have a *sex choice* & more than 2 Alien Pollinators (1 male, 1 female) so when I saw that it was possible to have the choice & 8 different pollinators, I was floored!

Now I just need to get off my fuzzy rear-end & make my collection of Muli-PT's!

#37 17-07-2012 
*OR*...You could pick up my very own Multi-PT set - Tyronean Fleet to start from. It includes the mod, a default replacer for the EAxis PT, and seven additional PTs, all set to use the default skin or a default replacement skin. And the included version of the mod is already set to use these 8 PTs' GUIDs, too.

Of course, you might want some of the PTs to have different skins. I heard someone mention (over at the Asylum, I believe) how they were changing the skins on my PTs. Maybe they could give you a pointer or two, if you don't know how to do that, yet.

#38 17-07-2012 
I've seen your Tyronean Fleet mod, which is quite awesome indded- but of course me being me, I have my own *mythos* in regards to the aliens in my universe, so I *have* to make my own set of replacements eventually, unfortunately.

Short version (because the long version is ridiculously detailed & likely only of interest to me) is that there are 4 alien races (Masauwu, Ranzi, Tengalazi & Yaxche) who all hail from the same planet (Xicalli) & are collectively known as the Kassaraiboo. They each have their own unique skin/eye/hair colors (though I will likely be using normal hair colors for their in-game genetics, as custom hair is so strange the way Maxis coded it) & the plan is to have one "pollinating pair" per race, ergo 8 total.

I've pretty well *mastered* understanding how to make my own Multi-PTs & just need to figure out how to go about making my own default replacement too (as I want to replicate the setup of 7 Multi + 1 default female) so once I figure out what templates I need to hack for a default alien, I'll be all set.

#39 17-07-2012 
That shouldn't be too hard either. The default replacement PT is no different from the other PTs, except that he/she has 0x2E17B9FC for a GUID, just like the default Maxis PT. That's all there is to it.

#40 17-07-2012 
Wow- really?

I thought it would be more complicated than that, for some reason.

Sorry, that is a members only option