• Who's in Chat for Pro_Portal
  • Uploader:leefish
This is a pro_portal block that shows who is in chat

Assumptions:

Your chat is located as so: www . yoursite/(path to forum if site is in sub-directory)/chat/

Requirements

For the pro_portal block to work then you will need to have the AjaxChat installed on your board.

Installing to ProPortal:

When you add the ajax_chat block, put this in the block settings
block_title = <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/forums/chat">Chat</a>
Use Custom Block Template = NO
Block File: ajaxchat

Screenshots
Who's in Chat for Pro_Portal Screenshot Who's in Chat for Pro_Portal Screenshot  
Download link
Filesize 1.03 KB | File Name WhoIsInAJAXChat.rar | # of Downloads 90
File Updated 18-03-2012

Comments
#11 04-03-2011 
Thats a shame you are not able to get the AJAX chat to run - you can try the Pirata Nervo standard shoutbox - I think I can get that to show on pro_portal for you.

Post your pro_portal template here and I will do the edit.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#12 04-03-2011 
ok thanks i really appreciate this

PHP Code:
<html>
<
head>
<
title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{
$headerinclude}
</
head>
<
body>
{
$header}
<
table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<
tr>
<
td valign="top" width="{$proportal->settings['leftcolwidth']}style="padding-left:{$proportal->settings['verticalspace']}px">
{
$leftblocks}
</
td>
<
td valign="top">
{
$centerblocks}
</
td>
<
td valign="top" width="{$proportal->settings['rightcolwidth']}style="padding-right:{$proportal->settings['verticalspace']}px">
{
$rightblocks}
</
td>
</
tr>
</
table>
<
table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<
tr>
<
td align="center" width="100%" class="smalltext"></td>
</
tr>
</
table>
{
$footer}
</
body>
</
html

#13 04-03-2011 
Ok, here you go.

You need to install pirata's Shoutbox of course. See it on Testfish

[html]
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="{$proportal->settings['leftcolwidth']}" style="padding-right:{$proportal->settings['verticalspace']}px">
{$leftblocks}
</td>
<td valign="top">
{myshoutbox}
{$centerblocks}
</td>
<td valign="top" width="{$proportal->settings['rightcolwidth']}" style="padding-left:{$proportal->settings['verticalspace']}px">

{$rightblocks}

</td>
</tr>
</table>
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td align="center" width="100%" class="smalltext"><a href="http://www.promybb.com/" target="_blank">Pro Portal 1.0</a> &copy; 2010 <a href="http://atopal.com/" target="_blank">Adnan TOPAL</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
[/html]
IMPORTANT

If you have updated the portal.php using the edits you will need to put it back to how it was. File attached Smile

Attached File(s)
.php  portal.php (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 343)

#14 04-03-2011 
thanks man works great
although i have to chang it to RTL and i will figure this out later
thank for help

#15 04-03-2011 
No probs, happy to help Smile

#16 15-03-2012 
  • Yin

I'm using this plug in, but when I replace the portal page, I get an error saying this isn't supposed to be used in mybb when I go to my portal page. I've replace the template, I have ajax chat installed. I pointed my block to the chatroom. Can you help me with this? I'm using 1.6.6.

#17 15-03-2012 
Ok, I will check how this works on my testboard (1.6.6). You do have Zinga Burga's PHP in templates installed? You have to have it.

#18 15-03-2012 
OK, this is a conflict with Pirata Nervo's shoutbox - they are both called the same thing - it is his shoutbox file that is returning the error. I will repackage the upload with the Ajax chat shoutbox PHP included - and the css line.

Sorry for the trouble

#19 15-03-2012 
  • Yin

Also, when I remove the portal and just use the block, I get an error on the portal page.

Access denied for user 'username'@localhost (using password: NO)
leefish;10594 Wrote:OK, this is a conflict with Pirata Nervo's shoutbox - they are both called the same thing - it is his shoutbox file that is returning the error. I will repackage the upload with the Ajax chat shoutbox PHP included - and the css line.

Sorry for the trouble

Ooooh ok. I'm not even using the shoutbox anymore since I'm using the chatroom. Can I just remove the shoutbox files? It's not installed or activated.

#20 15-03-2012 
  • Yin

Ha ha, sorry, I'd edit my post, but there's no edit option probably because I am a guest. Replacing the shoutbox file with the new download actually resolved the first error, but now I'm having trouble figuring out what the second error is all about.

Sorry, that is a members only option