• Who's in Chat for Pro_Portal
  • Uploader:leefish
This is a pro_portal block that shows who is in chat

Assumptions:

Your chat is located as so: www . yoursite/(path to forum if site is in sub-directory)/chat/

Requirements

For the pro_portal block to work then you will need to have the AjaxChat installed on your board.

Installing to ProPortal:

When you add the ajax_chat block, put this in the block settings
block_title = <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/forums/chat">Chat</a>
Use Custom Block Template = NO
Block File: ajaxchat

Screenshots
Who's in Chat for Pro_Portal Screenshot Who's in Chat for Pro_Portal Screenshot  
Download link
Filesize 1.03 KB | File Name WhoIsInAJAXChat.rar | # of Downloads 90
File Updated 18-03-2012

Comments
#31 16-03-2012 
Thats a pretty interesting link - I would say that would work, but you would have to run it somehow - possibly via a task.

What does baffle me is why the block is not working for you. As you can see, I have it working just fine on my testboard and that is on 1.6.6 (Leefish is still on 1.6.3 so there is no point putting it on here).

Have you tried just putting the original block from the package in with no edits at all? I do allow guest posting in my chat - that MIGHT be it.
Edit to add - have you tried taking that other mod out? The one that shows one person all the time?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#32 16-03-2012 
  • Yin

I have deactivated it, but never took it out to the folder. I will try it. I'll remove the who is in chat as well, I don't think that was part of the proportal package here.

#33 16-03-2012 
  • Yin

Nope, still doesn't work. Also tried with no edits to the block. Still same error. Any other suggestions? It seems like it needs my password somewhere and it's not getting it (At least that's what it seems like from the error that's shown)

#34 16-03-2012 
ok, I will check in my config.php - see if I changed anything. I dont think I did though

Are you using a MySQLi database?

#35 16-03-2012 
  • Yin

How do I find that out? I can access my db with phpadmin.
I think it's just regular mysql. Nothing in there says mysqli.

#36 16-03-2012 
Ok, I am editing now - that block was calling a MYSQL specific query

Try changing
Code:
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ajax_chat_online")
or die(mysql_error());

to
Code:
$result = $db->query("SELECT * FROM ajax_chat_online");

I have to go eat now - be back in an hour.

#37 16-03-2012 
  • Yin

Oooh I think you are getting somewhere! It works, but it gives this error on top of the page:

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'yin'@localhost (using password: NO) - Line: 6 - File: portal/blocks/block_ajaxchat.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/portal/blocks/block_ajaxchat.php 6 mysql_query
/portal.php 223 include_once
Warning [2] mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established - Line: 6 - File: portal/blocks/block_ajaxchat.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/portal/blocks/block_ajaxchat.php 6 mysql_query
/portal.php 223 include_once
Warning [2] mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource - Line: 10 - File: portal/blocks/block_ajaxchat.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/portal/blocks/block_ajaxchat.php 10 mysql_fetch_array
/portal.php 223 include_once.

I'll screenshot it for you since that came out like a jumbled mess. See you in an hour!

#38 16-03-2012 
  • Yin

I just opened the chat for the public (although no guests). But I think you can still see the error. Let me know when you are back and I can enable the block.

#39 16-03-2012 
Ok, I am back. I will look a bit more at this file

#40 16-03-2012 
  • Yin

Thank you, I really do appreciate the time and effort you're putting in to helping me get this up and running. I will enable the block now so that you can see the error how it's meant to be seen.

cavernofcreativity.com

Sorry, that is a members only option