Invisible Body Parts?
#11 06-03-2011 
Hi winkatuck,

I think this is one of the kinds of things that can not be done at all. The problem is, all bodyparts are part of the same mesh, and therefor use a single skin to define the 'color'. The only way to make a bodypart invisible, would be to make a custom skin where that part is made transparent.

Now the problem will be that this new 'skin' will need to replace the original, meaning that everyone else wearing that original skin will ALSO miss that part, whether you like that or not.

Anyway, the point is: only a skinner could make bodyparts disappear (and I'm not a skinner), but the sim/pet in question would continue to behave like they still had the missing part.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to disappoint you, and contrary to levini's prediction, I can't recommend anyone who'd give you a different answer either. Sad

#12 06-03-2011 
sorry Wink ..... *facepalm* i thought it was something related to modding ... have you tried playing it out in game ??? ill try to see what ya mean ...

#13 07-03-2011 
I was just thinking about how the tongue sticks out when you use stretch skeleton on a pet, was hoping someone could help me fix that problem and just assumed making it invisible would work xD and it's no big deal really.

#14 08-03-2011 
Winkatuck, you are reading my mind!

I've been wondering about the possibility of an invisible tongue for pets for the exact reason you mentioned: I want to use the *height* cheat to make more realistic sizes for my pooches & it's only that stupid tongue that messes stuff up.

In theory it would just mean making an adjustment to the mouth area of the pet meshes ...but I keep getting conflicting reports on weather or not MilkShape can even open pet meshes. (Somebody said it couldn't handle the pet bone structure, yet I see a mod at MTS that has customized pet animations, so SOMETHING out there must be able to handle the pet meshes!)

When I finally get around to purchasing MilkShape, this is one of the first things I want to try out!
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

Sorry, that is a members only option