Base Game Desks
#101 26-04-2011 
Ugh ... I wanted to do these all ... But it appears that i cant ... I also figured out the Central Asian Desk ... im guessing Someone didn't remember to put the desk back together when they were done flipping *cough* so Lee Ill allow you the Loft Desk to figure out As i had enough of Screaming the F word at it over and over and ill get to work on the Central Asian and the Club desk and they shall be put on here by Tomorrow Night or Wednesday ... As tomorrow i have to go to the doctor for shots *Gulp*

#102 26-04-2011 
Ok, here we go.

I used the mesh as provided by Shell and it is perfect - nothing wrong with it all. Thanks Shell Smile

Pic of desk in action:

ETA - I am gathering up the desks -

Here is a list

Club Desk = Done(just clone the template Lev)
Economy Desk = Done
Tibetan Desk = In process
Quaint desk = Done (is attached)
Executive Desk = Done (is attached)

Attached File(s)
.rar  Chiclettina Execudrone Desk Mirrored with Extra Slots.rar (Size: 28.7 KB / Downloads: 482)
.rar  Quaintdesk_Mirrored_with_Extra_Slots.rar (Size: 19.53 KB / Downloads: 488)
.rar  OfficePal_desk_mirrored_with_Extra_Slots.rar (Size: 10.13 KB / Downloads: 505)
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#103 26-04-2011 
To make things possibly easier to understand I have taken some screenshots of the steps taken to repository an object. Because I have already set this up as a template then all the bits you need (tsDesignModeEnabled and tsMaterialsMeshName)are already in the object.

The logic is to first import the mesh to the GMDC, then to add the data to the GMND tsDesignModeEnabled and tsMaterialsMeshName and then do the SHPE.

This is not going to show you how to Clone a custom object or get a new guid. I am assuming Lev already understands that bit.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#104 26-04-2011 
thats the Desk I was having a problem with. I didnt know how to add the parts for the other two thingies. Anyhoo Thanks Lee. I'll get done with the Asian Desk today and post it up, and I'll have the club Desk done ...

#105 26-04-2011 
Well, you should open it up and have a look - also, if you look at the pictures I have posted you will see that the other "thingies" are in the GMDC and the shape. The ONLY "extra" you had to do apart from copy paste etc was to identify which pieces were for the tsDesignModeEnabled and the tsMaterialsMeshname. As those two are the same, then looking in the original item in SIMPE and seeing what subsets were identified as recolourable should have been enough information.

You should handle the tibetan desk the same way - and when I was looking at the mesh from Shell that tibetan desk looked fine.

If Shell followed the instructions (and I am sure she did) then she would never have taken the desk "apart" - there is no need.

#106 26-04-2011 
All I can say is Lee gave very easy Dr Suess instructions and I followed them to the letter. The rest of this stuff is gobblygook to me. Huh
ETA Do you want me to recolour any of these desks Lee?
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#107 26-04-2011 
Well, that would be cool Shell - maybe some recolours on that tibetan one to look a bit more medieval?

Re the gobbledegook - I am pretty sure I could show you how to do this Shell - and probably to mesh as well. It would have to be Milkshape though. As I already told Lev, I don't use/have the Wings3D program.

#108 26-04-2011 
as of now Ill have the Final Two done. Have a go with the Tibetean one and post it all in a neat huge RAR file.

#109 26-04-2011 
no Lev. Just post the tibetan desk and club desk. I already cleaned up the ones in the above post - you had not changed the prices.

#110 26-04-2011 
oh ok ...
Crap ... *facepalms * sorry about that Lee ...

Sorry, that is a members only option