sims2 #1
This mod was inspired by a request from ZephyrZodiac on Simbology, who is sure that these tokens (which really seem to serve no sensible purpose at all) cause her system to lag. And she isn't alone in that assertion. Anyway, she wanted those tokens fried, and I knew how to do that!

UPDATE November 4th, 2020 - A note on pregnancies:

It seems that some otherwise respectable modders have foud it necessary to claim that NSL can bork births. I'm here to lay your fears to rest.
When a lot is loaded, the VERY FIRST thing NSL does, is look for pregnancy controllers. I do this so early, because I want to prevent NSL from interfering with births that could happen directly after loading. (because a very early version of NSL, long ago, DID kill some of my pregnancies, and I don't want that to happen to others.)
When NSL finds any pregnancy controllers, it will ignore any that are flagged "in use" or that are pointing at a sim who is currently pregnant. Only controllers that are NOT in use, AND that point at a NON-pregnant sim, will be deleted. This part of NSL is usually done long before a single second has passed. Any birth in progress will usually take a lot longer. By the time your baby is born, the NSL has already stopped working. So the controller is now no longer in use, but it will stay on until you save and reload the lot. For safety!

There is one caveat: the birth process will remove the pregnancy token from the sim, then spawn the baby, and finally, when everything is finished, it will flag the controller "expired/no longer in use". If you save after the token was removed but before the controller was invalidated, and then reload the lot, NSL might be able to break the pregnancy.

If, for whatever reason, you want to have a chance to retry (because you're not happy with the baby/babies that is/are born), do the following:
--- when the pregnant sim gets up and asks for your attention ("soufflee??"), do NOT wait for the notification, but IMMEDIATELY pause the game
--- then save the game. If you reload this game later, NSL will have plenty of time to finish before the actual birth kicks in!
It would be safer to save the game a short while BEFORE the pregnant sim takes focus -you should be aware when the third trimester ends-, but we can't always call the shots.
If the notification is already on your screen, you're too late to save the game. Saving and reloading the game before the baby has been named puts your pregnancy at risk.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

RELEASE April 7th, 2011 - The *basic* version was released.
UPDATE May 3rd, 2012 - The FINAL Bugfix version.
UPDATE May 3rd, 2012 - The Special version.
UPDATE May 14th, 2015 - *Basic* Version 1.03.
UPDATE May 21st, 2015 - *Basic* Version 1.04.
UPDATE March 5th, 2017 - Fixed Frozen motives fix and added "Lingering Furiousness" fix in FINAL Bugfix version.
UPDATE March 5th, 2017 - Fixed Frozen motives fix and added "Lingering Furiousness" fix in Special version.

There are three main versions:
  • The Basic version (v1.04) ONLY removes the "Sim Loaded" token on ALL sims in your hood, as it was originally requested.
  • The FINAL Bugfix version not only removes all "Sim Loaded" tokens, but also takes care of - and reports on - the following:
    • Scenario Controllers, broken or expired Pregnancy Controllers, Lost Fishing Spots and stuck Move-outs, Fridge-tiles, kickybags and poo-bags (trashed Controllers).
    • Token - Sim - Loaded, Attraction Markers and ALL Attraction Memories (both visible and invisible) (fried Tokens).
    • Gossip (denied Rumours).
    • Invisible Sims and Frozen Visitor Motives (fixed Sim States).

The initial full scan takes place when you've just loaded a lot, and handles all the problem objects mentioned, handling the controllers first, to ensure that a birth-in-progress will not be broken. At the end of the scan - which usually takes only a few seconds -, a report is generated that tells you what was done. Remember: if the game is paused, nothing happens at all.
    After the initial scan, NSL will go into background mode, and ONLY check for Lost Fishing Spots, Attraction Markers, Attraction Memories, Invisible Sims and Frozen Visitor Motives, and "*DEBUG* - Super Duper Hug". It will do this every 15 sim minutes, but no reports will be generated.
  • The Special version is identical to the FINAL Bugfix version, except for one thing: it does NOT remove gossip!
    Some simmers fear that their game changes too much if gossip is removed. These people can still have all other garbage deleted from their game, if they use this Special version.
    Some other simmers now use my BO - No Trash Memories mod which PREVENTS gossip from being added in the first place. These people don't need NSL wasting time on cleaning up stuff that doesn't exist! They can also use this Special version.

*Basic* version 1.04 is the cleaner, bug-fixed version of the initial release and it replaces version 1.03.

Important notes:

All versions force themselves to reload every time you load a lot, after which they run a single initial pass through the inventory/memory of all sims, cleaning up whatever they were designed to find. They then report on what they've found, and go into background mode. In background mode, the FINAL Bugfix and the Special versions continue to clean up some stuff, which they do not report on.

Whatever version of this mod you use, they should work with ALL game configurations. However, the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions both require Cyjon's Smarter EP-check. They will NOT run properly without it!

After installing or upgrading any version of this mod, it's recommended to open one household, wait for the report, and then save and exit the game. After that, the game should be more responsive.
Also, remember to frequently defrag your harddrive, because loading times can get horrible on fragmented drives, and this game causes a lot of fragmentation!

Happy Simming!

ADDITIONAL NOTE, August 10th, 2015: Upon closer investigation, I have now come to realize that the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions of NSL are even a little better than I always thought. The built-in fix for unused pregnancy controllers INCLUDES the "rogue multiple pet pregnancy controller" issue that one would otherwise need dickhurt's fix or TwoJeffs' "Pet Pregnancy Fix" (found here) for. In other words, if you have my NSL in your game, you do not need dickhurt's mod or TJ's. They are both safe to remove. If you already have my mod, re-download is NOT necessary, because the fix has always been there! Big Grin

UPDATE March 5th, 2017: The Frozen Motives fix in both the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions were not what it should be: sadly, the fix caused the Meditation benefit (frozen motives) to be broken. I have now finally fixed that.
Additionally, both versions now include a fix for "Lingering Furiousness". If a sim has a "Token - Furious Reverse" pointing to another sim who is no longer mad at them, the invalid token is removed, like Pescado's FFS Lot Debugger (batbox) would do.
New versions are now available for download.

Credits: thanks go to J.M.Pescado for his wonderful FFS Lot Debugger, which helped me develop this tool.
Also, many thanks to Cyjon, for his wonderful intuitive EP-checker.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - No Sim Loaded Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.01 KB | File Name BO - No Sim Loaded v1.04.zip | # of Downloads 5,259
File Updated 21-05-2015

Filesize 1.95 KB | File Name BO - No Sim Loaded - FINAL bugfix.zip | # of Downloads 25,128
File Updated 05-03-2017

Filesize 1.68 KB | File Name BO - No Sim Loaded - Special.zip | # of Downloads 12,132
File Updated 04-03-2017

Comments
#165 04-11-2020
UPDATE November 4th, 2020: Prepended a special warning/notification to the description about borking births.

#166 05-04-2022
  • Registered
Hi BoilingOil, first of all I wanna thank you for your wonderful mod.
I know you're probably a busy person with better things to do than cater to people's whims and a life away from The Sims, so I really hope I'm not annoying.

I've been using NSL special for a long time and have had no problems, but I'm starting to miss attraction memories and markers a bit, but actually I know absolutely nothing about Sims 2 modding.
Is there nothing that can be done about it? Sad
I'll understand if you say no, I had to try anyways...

#167 06-04-2022
Hi @juancar,

I'm going to be extremeley honest with you. No, I do not think you're annoying. You're perfectly in your right to express your desire for a different version. And from what I do remember of making this mod, I'm reasonably certain that it could be done. Of course I appreciate and respect that you had to try. In your place, I would've done the same. And if you were reporting a bug, then I would've felt obligated to give it my best effort.

But, although I still play Sims 2 occasionally, I've been away from modding for a VERY long time now, and I'm not going to re-learn it, just to add or remove a single feature from a mod. Those days are gone. Sorry.

#168 24-08-2022
  • Registered
Here's why I've come to this page:
a) I did, some time ago, have a pregnancy that arrived a little faster than I thought it would, just as big sis was taking off to go do some shopping... as I was about to name the newborn, the game switched me to the community lot, and this screwed things up for a while - I'm assuming that that's one of the things that wouldn't happen under the watch of this mod.
b) More recently, I was having phone difficulties: bad gosub tree errors, that through a 50/50 sift I narrowed down to a downloaded community lot by simper-fi, who noted on the download page that some of their creations contained the Super Hug bug, and so I was referred to your mod. I haven't noticed a lot of unnecessary hugging, but some other weirdness, such as lifetime aspirations switching to inappropriate ones ("grow me up" for adults), and teenage Sims flirting suggestively with their parents.
So my question is, would some of these weirdnesses be cured by No Sim Loaded, and which version would be best? I have only Nightlife, Uni, and Seasons installed, and - because I use a Mac - can't benefit from many of those "CC checking" programs that are out there.
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2022 06:31 AM by chicagoflotsam.)

Sorry, that is a members only option