sims2 #1
Inge Jones of SimLogical made the marvellous Bottomless Bottle (at this page). And though I really love it, I thought it could stand a little improvement.

Getting a normal bottle from the fridge costs 3 food points, which translates to §6, and it spoils. Inge's Bottle should never spoil and never empty, and it costs only §1. So, in effect, we're already cheating. Then why wouldn't we ALSO allow babies and toddlers drinking from this bottle, to finally also fill their Hunger Bar *completely* like all other sims when they eat???

So here's BO - Bottomless Bottle, an adaptation of Inge's model, which does just that! This bottle replaces Inge's, so if you install this, make sure you remove hers. And if you use my Feed Baby with a Nursemaid Plug-in, this bottle will be recognized as if it were Inge's.

(A little bonus on the side: my version is compressorized, so it's a lot smaller)

Enjoy!

Credits: Many thanks go to Inge Jones for creating this wonderful Bottle, and for giving me permission to release new versions of her work.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Bottomless Bottle Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 16.4 KB | File Name BO - BottomlessBottle.zip | # of Downloads 2,262  

Comments
#5 04-05-2015
It doesn't show up in buy mode on a community lot. I can carry one at inventory but it isn't going to stay on the lot, I'd rather have it permanent if possible.

#6 04-05-2015
You could edit the comm lot before your sims go there, so the bottle would always be there. But I'm sure the bottle would be empty and smelly when your sims arrive.

The only alternative that I can think of now, is that you place a publicly accessible fridge and some high chairs on the comm lot before you send your sims there. Then have a teen or adult get some toddler mush from this fridge for their toddler. But I'm not even sure if that would work, either.

I don't know what else to say or do about it. I'm truly sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Blame the Maxis team for making personal items inaccessible on comm lots. They thought it wouldn't be a problem, because it was never their intention that we would take toddlers and/or babies with us to comm lots.

#7 05-05-2015
Thank you anyway. (:

#8 20-05-2015
Hi @Duine,

I've been thinking a bit about it, and I suddenly realized that there's an option I had not yet considered.

MY BO - Spawn Objects mod was *made* to spawn buyable objects on comm lots, as long as these objects are default-placeable on the floor, which is true of the Bottle. And once the bottle is there, any sim could probably interact with it.

So, if I were to find a way to include the Bottle as a spawnable object in that mod, would that help?
I mean, it would still not be permanent, as the object would be gone once your sim/family leaves. But the next time you send any sim/family there, you could simply spawn a bottle again!

Sorry, that is a members only option