sims2 #1
Update, August 22, 2011: Users who have OFB or better installed, are advised to have a look at BO - Slow Aging Controller, the new user-configurable version of Slow Aging.

Sometimes, a sim's life is just too damned short... Especially storytellers find that their sims' lives are over far too quickly. So here's a method of doing something about that.

With "Slow Aging" added to your game, sims will only age up one day every sunday, but not on other days. This way, sims will live 7 times as long as they normally do. This has no effect on Servos, Vampires and Zombies, though, because they are already immortal!

There are three versions of this mod:

Slow Aging: works for all sims except babies.

Slow Aging for adults: only affects adults (the fertile life span of simmies). Elders still age every day, as do Toddlers, Children and Teenagers.

Slow Aging for Witches: special for people who think if Zombies, Vampires and Servos can live forever, Witches (who use magic after all) would have ways to magically extend their life by a factor 7 at least! This therefor only works on witches/warlocks. Adults and Elders only!

This mod works well with Inteen as long as my mod loads AFTER Inteen. It also plays along nicely with TwoJeffs' Age Duration Hack found on this page, but NOT with AncientHighway's NPC-Aging. Don't try it, because you will be disappointed!

Update June 27, 2011: Obviously I misled people into thinking that Teen Witches would also age slowly... They don't! My mistake, sorry!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Slow Aging Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 535 bytes | File Name BO - Slow aging.zip | # of Downloads 674  
Filesize 557 bytes | File Name BO - Slow aging for adults.zip | # of Downloads 258  
Filesize 587 bytes | File Name BO - Slow aging for witches.zip | # of Downloads 273  
Comments
#2 30-04-2011
LOVE IT !!!!!! <3

#3 30-04-2011
This will give my toddlers and children a head start and have time to get into hobbies before they get into dating and having a family.
Thanks BoilingOil!

#4 30-04-2011
Very cool BO. Thank you.

Sorry, that is a members only option