What started you simming?
#61 12-10-2016 
My Dad is kind of a twit, and as such was terrible about buying PC or Playstation games without actually knowing A) What he was buying, and B) If what he was buying had a prior installment or a needed basegame.

See: Command and Conquer, Sim City, Various city/nation builder games, etc

But the one thing (besides C&C Tiberium Sun/Firestorm) he got in all of its glory...The Sims 1. I loved the music, was terrified of that stupid deep foreboding tone when you got a creepy call or something bad was happening, and I made way too many copies of the Solo/Skywalker clan after Unleashed came out.

They all had orange cats and big brown dogs for some reason, I dunno. Mara was a witch!

I had some troubles though, because my mother thought it was a morally dirty game because my dad, immature man-child that he is, like to remove the censor mosaic off the Sims themselves and giggle as he showed it off to me. He quit laughing after he realized I was confused and kept saying there wasn't much of a point if they look like Barbie dolls...

So Sims 2 came around, and I still adore Strangetown to bits! Aliens! Redheads! Redheaded Aliens! And sand, it gets everywhere, but who cares, it's pretty! Dad, of course, LOVED the streaking function that came with University, but it was also an early clue he was more into dudes than ladies, since he kept making tons of rainbow-shirted college students and had them all streak and smooch all over campus. XD

Shortly afterward my parents split like a bunch of moldy bananas, and both Sims and Grand Theft Auto were kinda soft-banned from the house for the mere association with him, until I couldn't stand it anymore and promptly said "screw this I need my stupid virtual dolls again later y'all"

And here I am, 21 and still playing with silly virtual dolls and silly city/nation builders and silly C&C and silly (old)GTA like the silly person I am!

And why yes The Urbz is like the best console Sims game ever don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

#62 03-11-2016 
  • Registered
I started with Sims 1 in 2002 after asking co-workers what would be a good game to get. I was quickly hooked. Like Leefish I had to buy a new computer and I got all the expansions. I also was very lucky to get to beta test The Sims Online. What a blast that was. I met my husband there and we were married the next year. We pre-ordered the Sims 2 and got it the day before it was due out and started playing on Sept 9, 2004.

I have tried sims 3, have 2 expansions and just never liked it. I ordered sims 4 and played for 2 days and returned it. I give EA hell as often as possible for not supporting The Sims 2 anymore. Smile EA is not my favorite company. I was playing Maxis games before they bought them out and have played at Pogo.com from the beginning, years before EA bought them out. Needless to say...

So I am still trying to play the sims 2 without their support. Any support I can get here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Luralu
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 03:26 PM by Luralu.)

#63 03-11-2016 
@Luralu, I *thought* your name looked familiar... But that's because I saw it show up at Simbology as well Smile Welcome to both Leefish *and* Simbology!

#64 03-11-2016 
  • Registered
Thank you! Smile I have actually been hanging out there for years, but my old log in was kaput, so I re-registered. I think I used to be Michaella.

#65 03-11-2016 
Okay, I just looked that up (I'm one of the admins), and could not find a Michaella at all. So I guess that maybe you never ever posted anything there, and in one of the purges, we therefor removed your membership. You can prevent your new account from being deleted by simply posting one message. But all public boards and areas *should* be open for reading even by non-members. So if you never post a message, you should not *need* a membership Smile It's your choice, though Big Grin

#66 22-03-2017 
I started playing Sims with The Sims Bustin' Out in 2003 and it was reason I bought a new PS2. I then obsessively played it and every so often I play it some more. Next I bought Urbz and played it constantly as well. Around the same time as I bought the Urbz I also bought The Sims 1 and all of the expansions for my old Mac and I played The Sims on my Mac when I was not playing The Sims Bustin' Out and The Urbz on my PS2.

Next I bought several other Sims console games for my PS2: The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Pets, and The Sims 2 Castaways and I loved The Sims 2 and Castaways on my PS2. At this point I mostly played Sims on the PS2 and not on my Mac that much.

Finally in 2011 I bought my current iMac and I then proceeded to buy The Sims 2 and all of the EPs and SPs that were available for the Mac. I switched my attention to playing Sims 2 on my Mac instead of the PS2.

I found some of the many sites that had CC and I downloaded some and I played quite happily for some time.

Later I bought The Sims 3 and the EPs for my Mac, and I switched to The Sims 3 briefly, but I discovered that I didn't like the open world set up of the game and I didn't like how buggy it was and how The Sims 3 leaked memory and how much trouble it was to try to play in spite of this issue of Memory Leaking, since you had to Purge your memory with Terminal every so often. So back I came to The Sims 2.

I still play on my iMac and I play some Sims 2 most days, I like to build my own houses and community lots and I just have a great time playing and I keep lists of the businesses each Sim owns, I make notes, and I am trying to have several Family Legacies so I send Sims to Uni and then I match make. lol

I forget when I first discovered leefish.nl, but it was sometime around the same time I found MTS, MATY and Slmlogical, and Simbology.

I just didn't register at first, finally I did because you all have such a nice group of people and I wanted to participate a bit.
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2017 09:37 AM by lordtyger9.)

#67 29-09-2017 
  • Registered
I started playing the Sims April 2000. I did not have a computer of my own and it was tricky to get one to play. In fact I bought me a Computer to play the Sims and ever since then I upgraded to better ones whenever the Sims required this.

#68 27-11-2017 
My first experience with Sims; was obviously with the 1st game. It was fun and I liked it. Sometimes, it would be a bit annoying, but hey...for the first game at the time, it was amazing. Then came Sims 2. I adored that game way too much for my own good. I've had over 5GB of mods (skins, clothes, makeup etc) and it worked amazingly. After messing around with Graphics rules and such, the game worked flawlessly. I thought it can only get better, right?

Not so much. Having rather powerful PC, Sims 3 didn't live up. The game was slow, freezing often, crashing and it would take hours just to load one category in CAS. It had huge share of glitches, bugs and whatnot. It wasn't optimized to begin with. I wasn't satisfied with it, so I just nuked it out of my PC.

Not long ago, I got my hands on Sims 4. Wow! Turns out..the game works flawlessly on my PC, without freezing, glitching and spazzing out like it's having a seizure. Turns out, I don't need as much mods as I did in Sims 2. I have barely 1GB of mods. Mostly they are just utilities to add more realism and remove the censoring. Some additional clothing, makeup and hairstyles.

However...this game, with all of its SPs, EPs, GPs, it has a problem of its own. There isn't a program to pinpoint faulty mod. You do get some help via using CC Tracker, which basically means you have to create test dummies in CAS, apply all faulty mods on them, save it in the library and then use CC tracker to nuke those dummies into oblivion; deleting faulty mods in the process. Not too shabby, but it works.
My problem is that sims won't shower nude. Female would wear CC underwear, and male would wear some green T-shirt. I've removed CC underwear, now female wears orange shorts and her top is nude. Male's bottom is nude, but he wears dog tags and green T-shirt.
I'm trying to pinpoint what is causing it. It's frustrating as heck, because I like realism. Just like in real life, you don't shower in clothing, so why would sims do that? They have anatomical parts respectively, but something is just preventing the game to function properly.

#69 31-10-2018 
Well, The time had come..... I contacted the 14 year old girl I bought my Sims from at a yard sale (She's now almost 18). She cried when I walked off with them. I kept the flash drives with the "No CD" hacks, and sent her back her "Box-O-Sims". Free of charge! I even paid for the postage. She was so happy to get them back. She Emailed me, with a very, touching reply. She offered to pay me for them, but I told her that there was no charge, as I considered them "hers" from the get go. She got EVERYTHING back, all her original disks, still unused by me, along with a couple other "goodies" I sent with them, to keep her computer, and game running nicely.

I purchased a new copy of "The Sims" off Ebay to send back to her, as I gave the one I got from her, to a friend who really wanted it.

Feels good to be nice. Smile
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2018 01:33 AM by Kunder.)

#70 31-10-2018 
(31-10-2018 01:23 AM)Kunder Wrote:  Well, The time had come..... <...snip...>
Feels good to be nice. Smile

And now you have me completely confused. So this story tells us that you bought the game twice, and gave both copies away...
OK, I get how that makes you nice, and how that gives you a great feeling. Because it *is* nice to be nice.

But here's the confusing part... You say you buy a set from this girl. Then you send her *original* set back to her, you say.
Then later, you say you bought a set from Ebay, which you sent her, while you gave *her* set to a friend...
These statements cannot both be right. If you sent back the original set, then you could not give that set to your friend as well. And if the girl had back her original set, then why did you send her the set that you bought off Ebay?

Also, all of that does NOT explain in the least how you got to play sims yourself -- which is, what this thread is about.

So, could you please explain further? Because I'm totally in the dark, here...

Sorry, that is a members only option