Off-World Pregnacy Mod?
#1 19-05-2011 
Hi BoilingOil, I have an idea for a pregnancy (well actually for the birth), that resembles this mod described here > http://www.modthesims.info/finds/find/497 The actual site is Back Alley Sims, and it's Chris Hatch's Hospital mod. (though it's an adult site, and you need to register)

My idea is this:
Instead of having your sim actually go to the hospital, could they be transported and appear "off-world" as when they go to work? Then after say roughly 1 sim day passes the mother and possibly the father could come home, with their new baby, or babies, if they had twins, and it would be like they had been to the hospital. Though you are not actually taken to a lot. You are transported either by taxi or perhaps your own car, and then you are appeared to be off-world and have your baby(s) and come home? This way no animations are actually shown for the birthing process, which is unrealistic to begin with, and no loading of an actual lot. Time goes on as normal on the lot with the other members left behind. Children could have the option to have a nanny to watch them (as usual when all adults or teens are gone) as 1 sim day passes and the mother is gone having the baby. Then after the 1 sim day she comes back with the new baby(s)?

If their is this "built in emergency call" that you can somehow enable to allow a pregnant sim call in her last trimester and then she is able to leave and give birth off-world, maybe she could come back in the social worker's van. Since that is the only vehicle I know of where a baby can ride in the car on the way home? Though perhaps they would be able to come back in the taxi, as in the way they left. (That would be wonderful!)

Anyway please, I'd love to here your thought on this, I think it probably would be very complex to do, so I just thought I'd ask you and I understand if it's not possible!

Also, I think it would be wonderful for others to be able to download the mod from a site that is not 18+ adult rated, who are either under age or uncomfortable registering on such an adult site.
PumpkinSpice, proud to be a member of Leefish since May 2011.

#2 20-05-2011 
Hi PumpkinSpice,

Yeah, I think this is quite a bit more than I'll be able to handle. I think that for the baby/babies to be born, the pregnant sim is REQUIRED to be on lot, because they need to be able to drop the baby in the case of twins, for example. Also, the naming sequence needs to be run for the pregnancy to properly end, and I'm not sure that sequence can be properly called when the birth takes place off-lot.

I really think that *if* this can be done (which I'm not sure of), someone like Chris Hatch would stand a better chance at making it than me. But then it would again not be available for people under 18, nor for people (such as myself) who feel uncomfortable registering at adult sites. Sorry Sad

#3 20-05-2011 
Hi Boiling Oil!

Thank you for responding back, and I understand you completely as far as how this would probably not be feasible to do, and if it was it would be very complex indeed! Thank you for explaining this to me, I really appreciate you letting me know this information! Yes, I too feel uncomfortable registering on such an adult site, and wish that for that mod in particular it was hosted on a more "PG" rated site, to say the least.

Okay well thanks again and I love your other mods you have made for the game...there are not enough of you modders to go around correcting all of EA/Maxis' flaws and absurdities! Or just even improving upon where they left off....thank you again for helping out the community of Sims players!

Also, in the future if I have another mod/idea would it be okay to ask you for your help? I promise it will never be something as complex as this one I asked you now! I just have other little "annoyances" that perhaps could be feasible if you were capable and/or interested in doing? Please do let me know!

#4 20-05-2011 
Hi PumpkinSpice,

You (and everyone else) can always make other requests, as long as one keeps in mind the limitations that I outlined in the read-me. If I think I can do it, I'll always try. And if I think I can't, I'll explain why, because I myself would also have liked an explanation if I requested something impossible.
And if I think something already exists to fix your problem, I'll provide you with a link. Because, really, contrary to what you seem to think, there are many modders out there who've made lots of mods to fix lots of different annoyances.

I would, however, request that you call me "BoilingOil" or "BO", and not "Boiling Oil" (sorry, I'm a bit of a nit-picker about this).

#5 21-05-2011 
Oh, I'm sorry about that BoilingOil, I'll remember to type it correctly from now on. I did well on the first post and then it slipped my mind when I wrote the reply to even take a second look at how I had spelled it. Oh, and thanks for clearing that up pertaining to requests. I don't like to ask something that I know would be out of the game's limitations. There are quite a few modders out there in the Sims community, yes, I didn't mean to confine you to being a small group, sorry, I just meant there are not enough to fix ALL of the games quirks or rather improve upon what is already both in the game and what has been created already by other members of the community and maybe just not perfected well enough. In fact most have added tons of new features to this game, probably more than any of other game, that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have! (Although really it's all ones own personal taste and how they like to play the game. Smile )

Thanks again...and sorry for my previous response and error in typing your name, I didn't mean to offend you, nor to offend all the other creators that are out there who have created, and some still creating to this day. In fact I have probably a good share of all the mods created in my very own game. (The ones I find useful that is to my way of playing) So, thank you for being another addition to that community!

#6 21-05-2011 
Awwww. Hug.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#7 21-05-2011 
I think we understand eachother well, PumpkinSpice... And if I may be so bold as to make an observation... I like your style of writing! It's so much more readable than a lot of the txt-speak a lot of young people nowadays use. As a non-native user of the English language (I'm a Dutchman), I find your posts very pleasant to read.

#8 22-05-2011 
Thank you BoilingOil for the compliment! Thanks Leefish for the hug! Hugs and thanks to everyone here!!

Sorry, that is a members only option