• Neil Gaiman
  • Genre: Fiction Comics
  • Rating: 9/10
  • Review Type: Book Review
Well, I could fill this forum with "OMG I love Neil Gaiman's book X" type posts, so I picked the one that I have read most recently.

Its a comic book; but the grown up kind Cool. Imagine that the time of (super)heroes arrives 400 years early - and you have Marvel 1602. Many of the famous Marvel Superheroes are featured in this book; sometimes with different names, but all (well almost all) are immediately recognisable.

As a long time Marvel fan, I enjoyed playing "spot the reference" and the book itself is fun to read with a strong plot and stunning artwork by Andy Kubert and Richard Isanove. I don't want to tell the plot here - you have to go read it yourself.

Originally published in eight parts, the compiled edition has some author notes in the back around the whys and wherefores of the comic, and for those who like comic book art and the evolution of sketches the example proof pages are great to look at.

leave a comment on the review - Have you read this book? Do you agree with the review? Was this review helpful?

Sorry, that is a members only option