Fish Support
#1 08-06-2011 
This is something I have been thinking about for some time, a help system here on leefish. And I got a note from BO asking if a sort of help system could be set up so that

1) he gets less PMs asking for help
2) The help he does give can be viewed by others

Its a good idea and I have set up a support system over in my test area Smile

I think it would be best if we could have volunteers from the users to provide help/support and then I can add you to a group of helpers. Then, a user posts a post asking for help. We look at the kind of help they want and assign the post. It can be to ourselves or another helper.

The advantage of this is that the helpers will get a PM saying they have a help thread assigned, and a link to the current open help threads in the header and in their userCP.

Test it out - I opened it to regular users. Right now its got ONE option - HELP. It might be an idea to give users a list of help options.

VERY rough right now. >> LINK to HALP ... >> http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forum-74-page-1.html
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 08-06-2011 
I'm not sure if "assigning" questions to helpers is a great idea (seems to imply "expectations" of some kind), but since I understand the advantages of the idea, I'm willing to submit myself to this method for now... If and when I have formulated any formal objections to it, I will make myself noticed! Smile

I must add, though, that those points, 1) and 2), are EXACTLY the reasons for me to suggest a designated help area Wink
[Image: bosig.jpg]

#3 08-06-2011 
Well, the only people who can assign should be the helpers themselves Smile I will continue to fiddle about with it ....

#4 08-06-2011 
Ok, I have created a user, halpfish.

User name: halpfish
Pass: halpfish

You can log in as this user and see what a general user sees when they view the forum and what they see whan they make a post.

#5 08-06-2011 
Yeah, THAT much is obvious... we can't have random guests assigning threads to helpers... they might decide to assign someone totally inappropriate, just so as to get a PM out Wink

BTW: Did you look at any of your sent items in the PMs, lately? Especially the ones in which you volunteer any links?

RE halpfish: Aaargh... I'd first have to figure out my own login details again, before I try halpfish, or I would not be able to turn back into BO again... I'm normally always logged-in, because my memory for such details is horrible!

#6 08-06-2011 
Yea, I am busy fixing that. Links are buggered, trying to find the conflicts Smile

#7 08-06-2011 
Yeah, I figured you'd be working on that now... Tongue Because I believe I wasn't very subtle about it. Reporting an issue, asking about it in a public thread AND then assigning a "halp" issue to you to demonstrate my point... I could have toned that down a bit, I think Wink

#8 08-06-2011 
I didnt notice that you were being over the top.... I must try to be more sensitive Wink - I have fixed it BTW.
Also - any more input on the actual support system? I can add it so that we have like a three tier system:

Tier 1 = user - posts cry for help

Tier 2 = helper - as agreed to be available to help

Tier 3 - "Support boss" - assigns threads to helpers........

#9 08-06-2011 
I have a feeling as to why this was suggested lol. Incidentally I was just thinking that we need some sort of help forum because there seem to be a lot of smart, knowledgeable people here who know what they are doing (Load order!) and I think it could be a boon to the site.

Thanks BO and Lee!
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#10 08-06-2011 
Ok, so I think we could do with some prefixes/categories for users to choose. HALP!! (must I post a help thread saying I have no imagination and cannot think of any prefixes????)

Sorry, that is a members only option