• simfantastic2's Wooden Snack Closet edited
  • Uploader:
sims2 #1
This is an edited version of Simfantastic2's Wooden Snack Closet.
The closet has been edited to now be truly compatible with all game configurations.

And some other changes were made to it...
  • The price has been adjusted to no longer be a cheat: the original could be bought for 500, and sold the next day for 600. This one costs 400, and depreciates properly.
  • Room score has been corrected: default maxis fridges of such low prices don't have a room score, so custom ones shouldn't have them either.

That's the AllGames version.

But there's a second version (v2) to which some more changes were made, to make it more fitting for a medieval game setting:
  • This fridge does NOT accept food baskets, only fresh produce and fish!
  • Since glass wasn't as readily available then, all bottle interactions have been disabled.
  • The "play" option has been disabled. Food storage wasn't meant to play with!

Note: As I stated above, this fridge truly is compatible with all game configurations. However, since version 2 ONLY accepts fresh produce and fish, it won't be any good unless at least Seasons is installed.
Also note: Both these edited versions still uses the same GUID as Simfantastic2's original, so you can have only one of the three in your game. The advantage is: any recolours you have for one, will also work for the other Smile (like these and these by Michelle)

Update, June 19, 2011: An AllGames version is now available as well. This one will work exactly like any normal Maxis fridge, regardless what EPs/SPs you have.

Credits: of course, copyright of this fridge belongs to simfantastic2

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
simfantastic2's Wooden Snack Closet edited Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 154.88 KB | File Name BO - s2-mike-SnackCloset v2.zip | # of Downloads 745  
Filesize 154.66 KB | File Name BO - s2-mike-SnackCloset (AllGames).zip | # of Downloads 1,151  

Comments
#2 18-06-2011
Thank you for the item - and the link. I saw that lovely china cabinet on simfantastics profile - but it appears to have no slots for the shelves and THAT is a shame.

* leefish ponders

#3 18-06-2011
Yeah, mike did a few neat objects, but if the fridge and the cabinet are any indication, he also did a bit of a sloppy job. Still, without him, I wouldn't have been able to show off Smile

His original fridge is a real custom one; it doesn't adapt to the expansions you have. This edited version does, though...

#4 18-06-2011
Thats interesting - on the adaptation. When I made my IKEA bookshelves I made a base and a free time + version as the interaction table was in the OBJD - and they changed the number of the interaction table, so I could not think of a way round it - do you know a solution for that?

Sorry, that is a members only option