New look for Leefish
#1 19-06-2011 
No, I have not had a haircut, I have been working on the site menu with XanderGC (take a bow Xander Smile). Our previous menu, though nice, was not well designed from an HTML/CSS standpoint and as it required javascript it was harming our google rating (google spiders can't parse javascript).

So Xander has built a nice tidy CSS menu for us, and I have been coloring it in. In addition, I was never really happy with the login button (was dodgy on some browsers and kind of exploded in the div) and the userCP dropdown was a bit small and out of the way.

So I have jQuerified them.

I have installed the new look on leefish and barbiedal - you can see the new style in our downloads areas and after lots of testing I have rolled out the new look Bluefish as the default theme.

Please let me know if anything asplodes Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 19-06-2011 
This looks like a time for our psycho wolf to do some iPod testing
* levini gets on iPod
Ok
The new thingy is borked for mobile

#3 19-06-2011 
I like the look of the front page it is clean and easy to use, thank you XanderGC and Lee. Celebrate

Quote:No, I have not had a haircut
Talking of cutting hair, I got annoyed with mine earlier today and got the scissors out, my hair is now 23cm (9½") shorter.

ETA: Lee, don't know if it is suppose to happen or not but I noticed this flashes between pages (see attachment)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#4 19-06-2011 
@Michelle Yup, its called a fouc (flash of unstyled content) - it can happen, I am working to eliminate it

@levini - use the mobile version then. Thats what its made for.

#5 19-06-2011 
Update: heh heh. The FOUC is sort of solved. It still does it - but in the footer, so by the time you get there its gone Smile

#6 19-06-2011 
Looking good Lee!
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#7 19-06-2011 
I love the new look!

This isn't an asplode, but when I was on my notebook before, that has a resolution of a whopping 1024*600, I noticed that the buttons are a little too wide to quite fit on my tiny screen. It's nothing I can't live with when I'm on that computer, but I thought I should mention it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#8 19-06-2011 
Excellent - that is just the kind of input I need - I will go patch that up. Thank you.

#9 19-06-2011 
Yay! Lilleman and I thank you! (Lilleman is my notebook. Don't look at me like that. Tongue )
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#10 19-06-2011 
Lilleman? As in the Swedish rapper?

Sorry, that is a members only option