Multi-tile lamp thinks it's non-3D and can't change material
#11 24-06-2011 
levini;6253 Wrote:Well isnt there a 3 Tile Lamp In NL .. Would it be possible to clone it .. change it to be base compatible and use that ??

Yup Lev - that is what I said - CHEAT Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#12 24-06-2011 
Objects are usually not too picky... if it works with NL, for example, it will work with any later EP/SP as well, even if NL itself isn't installed.

#13 24-06-2011 
Yes, but will it work with only base - thats the question. As far as I know, its that BHAV being a 0x8009 format that may cause an issue for base Only Compliance - but I think BO would be better qualified to comment on that.

#14 24-06-2011 
My previous post was in response to Nix' remark that she could settle for something NOT base, as long as it didn't strictly required a certain EP Smile

Actually, I have no idea what the effect of BHAV formats is... You guess is probably just as good as - if not better than - mine!
I always use the format that SimPE presents me with by default, which I think - based on the fact that I have all EPs/SPs - is the latest format. Things like the Reward Catalog, however, work perfectly fine in Base Game. I've tested that myself. Of course, the Catalog is not a lamp...

#15 24-06-2011 
Lee, you are the Queen of Awesome!! It works!!! Celebrate

It was the interaction group that did it; once I changed that, the lamp was perfectly happy with being multi-tile - and it was still base-game compatible! I didn't need the stub BHAV, although I'm happy to report the base game doesn't have any problems with it, not even in the 0x8009 format.

@BO, thanks for your input as well!

Using my mod powers to set this to "solved". Big Grin
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#16 24-06-2011 
Yay! happy to help Smile

#17 03-07-2011 
Addendum:

I found out there is one more step I needed to take for the lamp to function correctly - which involved that stub BHAV I didn't think I needed. Tongue

Even though changing the interaction groups in the OBJD did allow me to turn the lamp on and off to my heart's content (and that was all I checked at first), the autolight still wasn't working - then the lamp again threw the "trying to change the light..." error. To get it to work, I needed to:

1. Add the "Function - Init(Stub)" BHAV from a multi-tile NL lamp and
  2. change the first line in the OBJfs for all the added tiles to refer to the stub instead of "Function - Init", and delete everything else.

Now autolight works as well!
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#18 03-07-2011 
Ah, so THAT is what that stub is for: an entry for the secundary tiles!

Very useful info. Thank you, Nix! Maybe you should consider writing an article about what you've learned for the SimPE section of our Wiki Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option