Quick Reply
#21 02-07-2011 
BoilingOil;6743 Wrote:Yeah, the only thing not linked to the options, is the "Edit" button under the main posts. Quick editing an upload causes the 'Sims 2/Sims 3' icon to get lost, so I would NEVER use that unless you find a way to fix the icon!

Hmm, thats odd BO - by Quick Edit you mean the drop down where you choose between the edit and quick edit? I just tried it on your Reward Catalog Upload, and editing the text in Quick Edit didn't remove the icon.

Editing the upload NAME would. It's still clunky and annoying though that the button disappears and I shall look into that.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#22 02-07-2011 
Oh well, I guess I must have misunderstood, then. In that case, just leave things the way they are. As I said: unlike the "post reply" button, I don't hit the Edit button often enough to be annoyed by the extra click for "Full Edit" or Quick Edit". It's no big deal at all.

I was thinking that maybe it would be nice if bottuns swapped back- and foreground colors on hover. But that's just theorising, and absolutely NOT a request to change things yet again. Smile I like the Pit the way it is now.

#23 02-07-2011 
By buttons I guess you mean just the drop down on the edit? I will do that - I need to fix it on bluefish anyway Wink

#24 02-07-2011 
As far as the "Edit" button goes, yes I meant the drop-down. But I can live with that one.

As for the swapping colors, I actually meant "ALL buttons", like download links, "Post Reply", "Edit"... any button! But maybe that wouldn't be very pleasant for whoever has to use them!

#25 02-07-2011 
Hmm, well, they DO. Its subtle though..... To a certain extent I BROKE a bit of that functionality with the quote thing so they dont all do it.

I shall try to be less subtle.

#26 02-07-2011 
Yeah, they subtly change color, I know! But SWAPPING background and foreground colors on mouse-over is something completely different that I was fantasizing about! Not that I actually firmly WANT it, it was just fantasizing Smile

#27 02-07-2011 
um, I am feeling a bit lost here. I thought you liked the text only post buttons? I mean yea, its easy to change - its how it works on the rest of the site

From what I saw, if you hover on a reply text it goes red or green depending on whether you have clicked it before.

* leefish trots off to use cmo as a guinea pig again.....

#28 02-07-2011 
Poor CMO .. By the by .. Where did he go ??
* levini searches Lee's sock drawer looking for CMO

#29 02-07-2011 
leefish;6762 Wrote:I thought you liked the text only post buttons?

Hon, I *do* like it the way it is... As I said before: I'm only fantasizing, NOT asking for any more changes! Just wondering what it would look like, nothing more! Really, I'm the happiest Ocampa EVAH: the Pit couldn't look any better, and we don't want it over the top, do we?

#30 02-07-2011 
well, I made the change on CMO - if that is what you mean - its 5 mins to put it on the GreasePit Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option