Quick Reply
#71 04-05-2012 
Oh this is much nicer than the old one! Celebrate

Found a problem though. When you type some stuff in the quick reply box then click the "advanced reply" button (to find a smiley, for example), all your entered text disappears.

#72 04-05-2012 
It has in fact always had that "entertaining glitch"...

IF you have already typed something - then preview.
If NOT - then advanced.

The good news is, if you go omg WHAAAA my beautiful thoughtful post of deep meaningfulness has been snaffled by a FISH - fear not - the back button and a click on quick reply will show your post in all it's glory.

Um.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#73 04-05-2012 
I don't know how it is for others, but that back button often returns *me* to the page where I had originally hit the quick reply button, effectively killing what little chance I had of retrieving the message.

#74 04-05-2012 
must be your browser. Anyway, you have it turned off so YOU should not see it.

AND - after all the trouble I went to to make it turnoff - TURN IT OFF. And if it DOESN"T turn off - then let me know.

...moving on....

What I do IS - I hit back. Then I click quick reply. There it is.

#75 04-05-2012 
I generally copy and then paste it back, get so fedup of losing text that if I think I might lose it I copy it anyway. Big Grin

*Too much uploading at work, methinks (just imagine this text is itallic and red)
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#76 04-05-2012 
Well, I have no problem with it. But it is easy - if you just want to write "OMG WHY" and headesk a bit just open and start typing.....

If you want to use smilies and color and boxes and lists etc - then either

1) turn off quick reply
2) Click advanced reply before typing.

I CAN fix it (cos I am fab) - but that opens yet another can of worms.

#77 04-05-2012 
leefish;12114 Wrote:AND - after all the trouble I went to to make it turnoff - TURN IT OFF. And if it DOESN"T turn off - then let me know.

Well, for a long time I've HAD to turn it on, because in several sections (Sim Finds, for example) I wasn't able to reply with it turned off. I would click the "Comment on this find" button, and an empty box would show up with only a "dismiss" button (the red X). It seems to work now (YAY!!!), but for a long time, it didn't...

#78 04-05-2012 
well, you should tell me. Jeez.

Is it not possible to post in fishfood?

#79 05-05-2012 
leefish;12118 Wrote:I CAN fix it (cos I am fab)

You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#80 05-05-2012 
leefish;12131 Wrote:well, you should tell me. Jeez.

Hun, you're only human. With super powers when it comes to making an awesome site, I gladly grant you that, but still just human.You made that Turn-off thingy specifically for me, so perhaps nobody else was using it, because no one ever mentioned the issue. And I don't want you to always be on the job just for me. So I don't want to always nag about everything that might be going wrong. Sometimes I let such things just pass, because I know that eventually it WILL be fixed. As it did now!

Fishfood... I'll check fishfood, IF I can find her... Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option