Quick Reply
#1 29-06-2011 
DAMN! I miss a NORMAL reply button... I *have* to hit "quick reply" and then "Advanced Reply", can't you add a second button next to "quick reply"??

Anyway: oh yeah, good of you to remind me: Prutser is Dutch, too... Doesn't post much, though, so they're easy to overlook... You know what they say of tall trees... the reverse is true for short ones....

But still, two Dutchman can hardly surround Nix, can they? Big Grin

#2 29-06-2011 
well I could but that would be a bit daft (IMO) - what did you need to format?

* leefish goes to investigate smiley dropdowns
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 29-06-2011 
leefish;6571 Wrote:well I could but that would be a bit daft (IMO) - what did you need to format?

* leefish goes to investigate smiley dropdowns

Format? I often like to have the extra functions! Like it's very tough for me to remember what the codes for all the smileys are (I frequently post on several sites, and they all have different codes for most of the smileys), and they aren't present in "Quick reply"

Yeah, a smiley dropdown would help, for starters Smile

#4 29-06-2011 
um, am not gonna rebuild the entire post reply function in a teeny weeny box. Smilies function for starter, main course and pudding Wink

#5 29-06-2011 
BoilingOil;6570 Wrote:But still, two Dutchman can hardly surround Nix, can they? Big Grin

I'd like to point out that I said Dutch speakers - fishy transplanted Dutch people are included in that. Wink

Lee, didn't you say were going to pretend the preview was advanced? I mean, call it "advanced reply" even though it leads to the preview (since that works with an already written reply - and then BO would get his smilies, too!) Or am I imagining things again? Smile
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#6 29-06-2011 
BO is finding it a pain to click the advanced button. I don't want TWO buttons on the showthread as it looks stupid.

I will think of some devilish plan. I always do. Smile

#7 29-06-2011 
Hmm... could it be done the same way as the edit button? One button with two options? Or would that kill the nifty little pop-up box? (Nifty little pop-up box should be preserved at all costs. I love it!)

Unless it's the clicking twice that's the pain in general - in that case, we have a problem. Wink
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#8 29-06-2011 
How is that better? You still have to click twice to get there... One click should do... But maybe I'm just a lazy old man Smile I like myself that way, though Wink

Hey, why not make a setting in the UserCP, where one can select which is the standard method when hitting the "Reply" button. "Standard reply", or "Quick Reply"... Wouldn't that solve it?

Guests would have the quick reply, but members have a choice. Smile
And that option does the same thing for "Edit", of course! Big Grin

#9 29-06-2011 
BO - this is what we have

You can have a post reply where you press a button and get the full editor, but get no quick reply

OR

You can have a quick reply where you can ALSO get to the full editor by pressing a button.

So, I have implemented that solution. YOU will no longer see the quick reply on main forum pages. Smile

I may implement it on other pages but not today.

Or this week.

Cool

#10 29-06-2011 
See? Now THAT is exactly what I meant! Thank you so much! You're the best Heart

Wonderful! I Heart you! Big Grin

(some day, I hope you'll also let this affect the "Edit" button Smile)

Sorry, that is a members only option