sims2 #1
Isn't it weird, how the Maxoids think it's a good idea to have children do all kinds of weird stuff, and hardly anything sensible? Sure, children play, and they still need to learn some of what can and can not be done. But if they can get a left-over from a fridge, then why would they NOT be able to get a bottle for their younger siblings.

So this mod addresses that problem. However: this ONLY works for all the Maxis fridges. If you have custom fridges, and want them to be child-friendly too, you need to do something about it yourself, alas.

And here's how: open the package of your fridge in SimPE, select the TTAB resource, open it in plug-in view, select interaction 0xA (10), usually named "Baby Bottle", tick the box next to "children", commit file, save, delete groups.cache, and start your game to enjoy your work!

No need for that when it comes to Maxis fridges, though. Because you can download that right here. Smile

UPDATE June 17th, 2012: Obviously, I missed something! The K&B fridges (Solid Sense Fridge and Coldinator) were NOT covered by the initial release of this mod. So here's a fix that requires a little special care:
  • Players who DO have K&B, but NOT AL or M&G, should redownload the normal version and put it in Downloads as always.
  • Players who DO have AL or M&G, however, do NOT need to redownload (although they *may*), but should pick up the Override in stead, and put it in the "TSData/Res/Overrides" sub-folder of their latest pack's installation folder.
  • AGS users who occasionally play without AL/M&G, should probably pick up BOTH files.
And that should do the trick. Sorry for messing up, and thanks to Aerosimkat for pointing out this issue.

Enjoy

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Children get Bottles Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.53 KB | File Name BO - Children Get Bottles.zip | # of Downloads 3,793
File Updated 17-06-2012

Filesize 863 bytes | File Name zzBO - Children Get Bottles - override.zip | # of Downloads 1,774  

Comments
#9 29-07-2011
Another thing I didn't know I needed until I saw it. Most logical. Thank you.

#10 23-08-2011
Thanks this makes sense.

#11 27-10-2011
XanderGC;6617 Wrote:Is "Quick Reply" supposed to activate on hover? Anyways I was literally just thinking about this children can't get the bottle for their younger siblings problem the other day so I am going to give this mod a go.

On a side note: How come children can't at least make cereal for themselves? It doesn't use the stove or oven or the processor so they wouldn't endanger themselves in anyway. Also is cereal really considered a meal? Like really?

I've always found the huge communal group meal of cereal to be highly amusing in and of itself.

#12 27-10-2011
Oh Sims and their love of cereal and instant meals. I think it would have been awesome if they could all share a giant bowl of chips/popcorn and watch a movie together. Alas, the mind of a dreamer I say. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option