HTML and Stuff
#21 01-07-2011 
@Xander - yes, you did suggest it and I really liked what you did over on Testfish so I stole loads of it Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#22 02-07-2011 
I like to call it borrowing lol. All I really care about is that you are using my knowledge to better your site and your own skills. I am of course happy to help cause I am learning too! So much to learn, so very much to learn lol.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#23 02-07-2011 
What do you think of giving the breadcrumb trail a bit of umph? I was thinking the active bit to be white text and the previous bits to be blue on white and on hover red on white (well, #efefef - which is white )

Kind of like on BO's but different colours.

Thoughts? Too fussy?

#24 02-07-2011 
Naw I like it. Besides the active bit should look different than the previous bits also it'll fit in nice with your colour scheme. Oh CSS how I enjoy thee lol. Smile

#25 02-07-2011 
Ok, I changed the online indicator to look nicer on the dark themes - red dot = offline, green dot = online.

I will be standardising images across layouts/colour sets (aka THEMES) to get the "reusability" up - this means there is a higher chance that an image used on a page is already cached in the browser = faster fish.

ALSO - on the topic of themes - I am test driving one right now from Xander - its looking really good and will be live on site soon Smile

#26 02-07-2011 
You hear that gang? I'm a celebrity lol. Celebrate

I like the idea of standardizing the images it should feel like a cohesive whole as well as making the site load faster. Cannot wait to see it all done. Lee deserves many cheers! Big Grin

#27 02-07-2011 
Are you test driving a new script or something for the left-side menus (you know, Fresh Fish and Favourites) as well? 'Cause my NoScript just kicked in, and it allows everything from leefish.nl. Smile

(I'm just curious, I have no problems allowing whatever it is so that the menus looks good for me again; I just got a little puzzled when the menus looked odd all of a sudden - until I noticed the red stop sign in the NoScript icon.)
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#28 02-07-2011 
yup - I am running the javascript for that panel from microsoftCDN - the scriptaculous and prototype and jquery are being run from googleCDN - and have been for a while..... looks like NoScript is friends with google but NOT the evil empire.

I will see if google have a CDN link for that script.

Nope - its a microsoft thing

http://www.cdncatalog.com/

#29 02-07-2011 
That's cool, I just wondered what it was. Smile I've allowed it now, so now the menus look nice again.

You mean Google isn't an evil empire? Tongue
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#30 02-07-2011 
well, they give me free scripts and save tons of bandwidth so I ignore their possible evilness

* leefish turns a blind eye

Sorry, that is a members only option