What are YOU working on?
#11 04-07-2011 
leefish;6879 Wrote:* leefish chucks a fish at BO Tongue .

Very astute...

I won't hold it against you, hon. I've done similar things:
  • I have a one-man MOO on my system, where - obviously - I am the Wizard. But in a MOO, for normal activities, it's not smart to use your wizard persona all the time: programming objects as a wizard can be a security risk! So here I am, playing the simple user, trying to figure out why my Wizard powers are not working! Smile
  • Or this one: I was in a text-based MMORPG, where I had two characters. One of the characters had joined a certain guild, but now I was playing the other, who was ASKED to join that same guild, together with another character who was supposed to be his mate! I had informed the guild of the fact that my alter ego was already a member (which gave me an unfair advantage) AND that we would ONLY enter together, not separately. So they made the entrance tests extra hard to offset that advantage. Then the final exam comes: a fight - me and my mate against a formidable monster who would recieve some special power-ups from the guild-master. Mind you, there was a huge level difference between my two characters. The one I was playing, didn't even have half the skills the other one had...

As a rule, we were each allowed one power-up, which the guild-master would provide. But as they asked if I needed anything, I suddenly forgot my place, thinking I was that other character, and told them I needed nothing: I could do this with my hands on my back! Man, did I get a beating! We *murdered* our adversary in the end, and it was spectacular, but was I surprised as I found out "hey, I'm not that big: I'll need to improvise!"

So, I know where you're coming from, and I've been there, making a few whoppers of my own!

#12 15-08-2011 
Let's pump some new life in this corpse of a thread...

What I'm working on right now: BO - No Trash Memories!!

When this mod is added to your Donwloads folder, stupid memories such as "Met so-and-so" (both sims and pets), "Moved In" and "Moved Out" will no longer be added to your sim's memory banks.

On top of that, it'll have 41 configurable options for other memories that can be blocked:

You don't want your sim to keep track of every time they cheat on their SO? No problem, set the option "Had an Affair" to 0, and that memory is no longer going to happen.
Among others, options are included for Grew up Good/Bad, School grades, College achievements, sims moving into the household, pets chasing sims, pets giving birth, and, most important of all "Mystery Sim" memories!

Soon to show up in the Grease Pit! Smile

#13 15-08-2011 
Current Projects:

Delorean car.
Star Trek Door.
Ice Cream Van
Centred Arches
Learning how to Play Sims
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#14 15-08-2011 
BO - I so want that mod lol

Current Projects:
  • Making alternate Simlish versions of some of my replacements, mainly the PC Screens and the HTC HD7 Phone. Phone is complete.
  • Building Starter Homes
  • Making more alpha edit base game hairstyles for Men and Women
  • Taking pictures to share.
  • More global replacements on non-purchaseable objects within the game.
  • Clothing
  • UI Modifications
  • Tablecloth tables with no tables. Wink
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#15 15-08-2011 
I am working on resizing the Japanese Autumn Maple but I am having a small problem. Here is a pic, can you spot the problem and does anyone know why it is happening? Oh, if you notice, it doesn't happen all the time, only when I enlarge the tree:
[Image: trees-1.jpg]
I am so tickled that I learned to make a little bush. Isn't it cute?

#16 15-08-2011 
Thatvmeans ya' need to move the tree up to ground level in Milkshape.

#17 15-08-2011 
Thanks, I will try that when I am not so tired. What I can't figure out is how they sank below the horizon in the 1st place. Any way this is my first try at resizing.

#18 18-08-2011 
leefish;8180 Wrote:Learning how to Play Sims

Huh?

Anyway, there are always things I'm working on.

Presently, they are, in no particular order (just numbered for clarity):

1) My TS3 World
- I make no promises on it)
2) Lots for my World
- Most of which I'm trying to make upload worthy on their own, in case I choose to restart my world project, or scrap it. At least I will get a bunch of lots out of it.
3) Meshing
- Since my world could use objects not found in the game, for added effects, or because TS3 could simply use more objects.
4) XML Overrides

Non-Sim Stuff:

1) Graduate School
2) Whatever else may take my fancy.

#19 18-08-2011 
Looks cool Ben - CAW looks very interesting.

Re the "learning how to play sims" - I never really did. Got all involved with making cc and kind of missed the game aspects.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#20 19-08-2011 
I am dropping the Japanese Autumn Maple project. Not because of failing at resizing, as Michelle says, it is easy (after all Nonni can do it - how hard could it be?Rofl ).

What I cannot do is make the trees drop their leaves in the Fall or become bare in the Winter. I do not have the time or strength to remain at my computer for more than a few minutes at a time. Perhaps I will be able to purchase a laptop in a few months and try again then.

Anyone who is interested in pursuing this project has my blessing. HUGS!!

Sorry, that is a members only option