Cloud Flare
#1 06-07-2011 
I have signed leefish.nl up to Cloud Flare. Cloud Flare is a service that helps to protect websites from attackers, provides cached copies of sites in case of unplanned downtime, helps to speed up access and so on.

Cloud Flare Spiel:
CloudFlare protects and accelerates any website online. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through our intelligent global network. We automatically optimize the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance. We also block threats and limit abusive bots and crawlers from wasting your bandwidth and server resources. The result: CloudFlare-powered websites see a significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks.

CloudFlare's system gets faster and smarter as our community of users grows larger. We have designed the system to scale with our goal in mind: helping power and protect the entire Internet.

#2 06-07-2011 
That sounds like fun. So basically in English this thingy protects the site and makes it faster ?? If thats what it does then I love it already

* levini imagines the fishbowl high in the sky on a cloud

#3 06-07-2011 
I'm curious how they claim to improve access times. In general, every link you add to a chain, makes it longer, causing the travel time from one end to the other to increase, not decrease. But the backup-part, making the site accessible even when it's down, that's good thing anytime! Smile

#4 07-07-2011 
  • Fishlike Associate
Is this free?
Leesesters favourite make up artist

#5 07-07-2011 
lol yea - this is leefish - of course its free.

They have a pro version you can pay for, but the free seems pretty good.

@BoilingOill - It makes it faster by caching a lot of the images and files and blocking content crawlers who take up bandwidth that could be used for proper users. I liked the downtime support idea as well.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

Sorry, that is a members only option