sims2 #1
Do you hate the 8-sims-per-lot limit? Most likely, you do!
Do you have LotFullOfSims installed to overcome that limit? Probably!

Now there's a better way: remove LotFullOfSims, and install this mod in stead!

It's tiny, it works for ALL games, and it does NOT conflict with ANYTHING!

And here is why you want to use this mod instead of "LotFullOfSims":
Normally, the unmodded game keeps track of the number of sims and/or pets living on any lot by running a BHAV name "Lot - Full of Sims?". If the lot contains eight sims, or six sims and up to four pets, this BHAV tells the game that the lot is full. As a result, when you click a visitor, you will find no menu option for asking them to move in. Or two sims might TFB a million times and never get pregnant.
The "LotFullOfSims" mod changes several of the BHAVs that are called by "Lot - Full of Sims?" in order to manipulate the result just so new additions are posible. Any sim can move in, and TFB-ing sims can get pregnant as if there is plenty of room. However, the changes that the LFoS mod makes, cause conflicts with several other mods, including TwoJeffs' "PregForAllGenders" mod.
"Unlimited Sims" is much simpler, though. Instead of altering other BHAVs, it changes the main BHAV directly. Now, without calling any other BHAVs and thus ignoring the actualy sims/pets living here, "Lot - Full of Sims?" simply reports that only one poor, sad, lonely sim lives here without any pets and that, as a result, there is room aplenty to add more sims and/or pets. Now, there are NO conflicts with any other mods. Clean and simple.

This way, you can just use TwoJeffs' PregForAllGenders instead of AncientHighway's version, which means that you can install BO - Alien Experiments - P4A Override (which doesn't work with AH's mod), if you want to Smile

Any settings you may have in your UserStartup.cheat file to accommodate LotFullOfSims, are still useful for adding families from neighborhood view. So you can leave them where they are.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Unlimited Sims Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 291 bytes | File Name BO - Unlimited Sims.zip | # of Downloads 18,246  

Comments
#17 27-01-2016
  • Registered
Hi guys and comwans nana?

I just found this mod / hack, and it´s exactly what I need for my three-generation farm, but I´m totally too dumb to use it. -.-
So maybe there is somebody who could walk me through this? I downloaded and unzipped it, and when I double cklick the package-file it opens in SimPe.
That´s great, I guess, but what do I do from there?

Thanks a ton for your help!

#18 27-01-2016
Hi @Yolandi,

Thank you for choosing a mod from my repertoire. I hope it will serve you well.

The trick with a mod like this is, that you do *not* click, shift-click, right-click or double-click the package file at all, because you don't *need* it to open in SimPE. What you *should* do, is move the package into the "Downloads" folder that you should find in "Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2" (or The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, or whatever version of The Sims 2 you might have).

If such a "Downloads" folder does not yet exist, you must simply *make* such a folder in the correct place and then move the mod into it. Since you already appear to understand how to download, unpack and use files - you have succeeded in installing SimPE, and opening the mod in it, after all -, I suppose that I will not need to tell you how to create a new folder. The last thing that I *will* tell you, though, is that you must make sure that this "Downloads" folder is named Downloads with a capital D and lowercase letters for everything else. If you do not follow this rule exactly, the game will NOT be able to find it.

I hope that this will help you enjoy the features of my mod.
Happy Simming Big Grin

#19 31-03-2018
  • Registered
This is probably a bit late, but I just restarted playing sims 2 and I installed the mod into the Downloads folder, made the userStartup.cheat, but it doesn't seem to be working T.T
I'm not getting the option "try for baby" with my sim parents. I wasn't sure if I missed anything?

#20 31-03-2018
Hi @nbsaur, I have no idea if you missed something, either, because you give very little information to work with.
For example:

1. have you tried running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, to see if my mod conflicts with something else? It shouldn't, unless you also have another mod to remove the 8-sims-per-lot limit, which would not be smart.
2. how old is the female? if she's less than 5 days from becoming an elder, they can woohoo, but not try for baby.
3. if you are using ACR, and you've set either of the parents to not be able to try for baby, or you've set one of them to be infertile or to use protection, then the game is just following your choice by not giving you the TFB option.
4. if mommy is already pregnant, you can try all that you might, but TFB is not on the menu for a few sim days until she's given birth.
5. You say that you made the userstartupcheat, but you don't say what lines you put in it. Without that information, how am I to know what kind of limits you have set? It's possible that you set something that makes it impossible for any more sims to be added to the household. Normally, that shouldn't stop sims from TFB, but one never knows...
6. If you have Win7, Win8.x or Win10, it is possible that your Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder is in the Public Documents area instead of your own personal Documents area. In that case, the game cannot find your Downloads folder and the mod will indeed not be used.

And I'm sure there are other situations that might cause sims to not be able to TFB.

Sorry, that is a members only option