sims3 #1
Tested and working in a game patched to 1.26.89

The BMW MINI Cooper S - with 3 recolourable channels. Neglect a sim today - spend hours pimping your car ... Well, I made the Mini Cooper S and it is up on MTS in .packageformat. For those of you who want the sims3pack I have decided to make it available here on Leefish.

For those who want the .package version, please go to ModtheSims HERE

[Image: mini%20Garage.jpg]

When you buy a Mini Cooper in RL you can customise the bodywork quite a bit - different coloured roof, wing mirror and bodywork. You can also add stripes to the bonnet (hood for you Americans out there).

I worked hard on optimising its create a styleness - so I have made 6 presets using the masks and the stencils.

All car presets have the three basic recolourable channels - ROOF, WINGMIRROR, BODYWORK.
  • Preset 1 = the stripes on the bonnet are the same channel as the wingmirrors - so you can have stripes to match the wing mirrors.
  • Preset 2 = the white stripes on the bonnet are hardcoded - you can't change the colour of the stripes - see presets 5 and 1 for other colour options for the stripes
  • Preset 3 = no stripes, minimal chrome on the front grille
  • Preset 4 = for all you Anglophiles - the colour paint job that I always wanted but never dared to get - the Union Jack Roof and white stripes on the bonnet . NOTE: You can change the colour of the roof but there is no point as the Flag covers it. The white stripes are no longer hard coded - they are based on the roof colour set - see change log for detail.
  • Preset 5 = the black stripes on the bonnet are hardcoded - you can't change the colour of the stripes - see presets 1 and 2 for other colour options for the stripes
  • Preset 6 = lots of chrome, no stripes.

[Image: mini%20preset-collagesmall.jpg]

The easy way to remember which is which is that all the presets with stripes are with a fancy roof, the non striped have a plain roof.

Its my first car and the most complicated object for TS3 that I have made so far, and so, its not perfect......

Known Issues
  • The body was very well mapped by the original creator, and I did not mess with that. It looks good patterned, but the patterns do not line up EXACTLY. You can see the join between the wing and the sidepanels, but I think its ok - damned close.
  • The door is not animated
  • The mini is cloned from the sportscar (so that the wheels would match up) and as a result the sim sits too low in the car and the driving anims are off. You can see it in the night time shot.
  • The wheels do not turn - I asked around the modders community and this is a known issue with custom cars
  • Sometimes, when turning a corner, the lights sort of disengage from the body - and then catch up again. I do not know why this is so, again, its part of finding out how objects work.

Prices and Catalogue Location

In the vehicles category at a very reasonable 35000 simoleons.

Game Compatibility:

I had this tested in WA and HELS - it worked fine in both and in my base game.

Polygon Counts:
A rather staggering 10870 polys. This is the same for ALL LODs. I have a rubbish PC and its fine in game.

Additional Credits:
I did not make or texture this mesh myself - all credit for that is due to the original makers, my thanks to Jonathan for permission to use this mesh.

Mesh Creators
Jonathan Mace (jon@gamemods.fsnet.co.uk) and Stecki (stecki@quakerally.com), purchased from http://www.turbosquid.com (by jonathan). Thanks for the permission to use this mesh AT NO CHARGE to me...and by default all the simmers who download it.

Yet More Credits
TSR workshop - presets are fun to do!
FreshPrince for being supportive and helping me along
My testers, Davey and Dal.

Please do:
  • Include my objects in your lots
  • Use the objects etc in pictures/machinima/stories
  • Let me know if you recolour one of my items so I can post a link in the upload thread.
Please don't:
  • Share the files as downloads
  • Include my meshes with your recolours unless you ask me first.

Requests?
You can ask me HERE

Screenshots
Mini Cooper S Screenshot Mini Cooper S Screenshot Mini Cooper S Screenshot        
Download link
Filesize 1.18 MB | File Name FishieCooper version 4v5.rar | # of Downloads 4,036  

Comments
#2 19-03-2010

thanks a lot. An amazing piece of creativity!!!

#3 29-03-2010
  • Registered
You did a wonderful job, thanks so much for sharing!

#4 07-04-2010

Congrats on your forum and thanks for the Mini Cooper, it is absolutely stunning. I have also downloaded your windows at MTS and just love the one tile centred on two tile windows as I hate it if the tiles don't match in a room as it looks so unbalanced lol!

Sorry, that is a members only option