The BLoE
#1 08-07-2011 
Finally. After a year of learning php and abandoning sims creation in order to learn YET MORE php - I have it.

The Big List of Everything.

What the heck is that? Its an overview of ALL the downloads, sortable by game type.

You can see it here, and I would appreciate some input on what to put in that spot where the struis is, and where on the site to make this link visible.

This means I will be taking a break from php stuff for a while and getting back into sims(2/3).
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 08-07-2011 
Why dont you put "random download for (with two choices by game) " and why not withthe creator banners??

#3 08-07-2011 
Random DL would be quite heavy on the DB. Its DOABLE though. I did think of adding the creator banners in there - but really the fancier solution is to select by CREATOR inside the BLoE. ARRRGGGG. More PHP.

* leefish cries

#4 08-07-2011 
BLoE: great initiative. That way people can just see everything available without having to wander around the whole system.

Lee, I think Lev meant putting a BLoE banner up in the galery of creators... not the other way around. And actually, I think that would be a good idea. Big Grin

#5 08-07-2011 
yea, I added a LINK - view all downloads - what do you think?

#6 08-07-2011 
Seems to be a big list of everything but cmo's stuff Sad . Looks great though. Smile
Just keep swimming...

#7 08-07-2011 
Whoops.....

* leefish adds cmo

#8 08-07-2011 
sigh...to be a fish forgotten... *goes to beach self
Just keep swimming...

#9 08-07-2011 
BoilingOil;7063 Wrote:BLoE: great initiative. That way people can just see everything available without having to wander around the whole system.

Indeed, that was one of the reasons I have wanted this for so long. Its great that each creator has a space of their own, but it means its easy to miss stuff. This page hopefully means that all creators will get seen. That is what I wanted it for anyway, to give each uploader a chance to share their stuff and be seen.

Cmo;7067 Wrote:sigh...to be a fish forgotten... *goes to beach self
You were not forgotten!! I had the wrong forum linked - linked 28 instead of 29....

#10 08-07-2011 
leefish;7064 Wrote:yea, I added a LINK - view all downloads - what do you think?

Great!

Just another two cents: Maybe having a banner of its own (perhaps a Leefish Network banner? Xander, start working on that! Big Grin) and being placed in the "Looking for Downloads?" bar with the individual creators would get it more attention. But on the other hand, I might just as well be a bit too picky here. That bar is - after all - quite full already...

Sorry, that is a members only option