The BLoE
#11 08-07-2011 
Yes - I did think of that - the thing IS - on a small screen (such as a netbook or an older laptop) only the first three banners display. As it is, the first three spots are for you, dal and armiel - me and cmo and the members get pushed off into the overflow. So if I was to put a banner in there then it would be at the cost of another creator's "moment in the spotlight" - and I don't want to do that.

Of course, if it was fixed width (as you may have seen that the BLoE is) then I could do a sliding show etc. But leefish is a fluid layout (like most modern websites) so that is not really an option.

I COULD put a slider on the BLoE though. Might be funky.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#12 08-07-2011 
And it is also missing CMO's banner .. Anyhoo , BO , I did mean that. And also Michelle , if you ask her (and dont annoy the shizz outta her) nicely, can and will make the banner

* levini hugs the poor forgotten CMO and runs to get a feather duster

#13 08-07-2011 
what do you mean it is missing CMO's banner? Are you on a 1280 screen? If so, see my reply to BO..... ctrl+- should let you see Cmo's banner. It will make all text small too, so I don't advise it.

#14 08-07-2011 
leefish;7070 Wrote:Yes - I did think of that - the thing IS - on a small screen (such as a netbook or an older laptop) only the first three banners display. As it is, the first three spots are for you, dal and armiel - me and cmo and the members get pushed off into the overflow.

<...snip...>

I COULD put a slider on the BLoE though. Might be funky.

Yeah, I was indeed also thinking of the length of that bar, when I said maybe I was too picky... Bumping more creators off seems rather unfair. But the slider would be a cool way to have our cake and eat it anyway. Big Grin

* BoilingOil also hugs Cmo for being left out.

#15 08-07-2011 
I have also swapped round the order on the index - so those who were last on the portal are first on the index - seems fair. But yea, the BLoE with its fixed width is a perfect candidate for a slider. I will have a look at that - I think I have a script lying about.

* leefish rummages in php folder.

#16 09-07-2011 
I see you recolored the "See All Downloads" button... that way it would be really hard NOT to notice! I think that'll suffice for now Smile

#17 09-07-2011 
Yes indeed - that is one assertive "LOOK HERE" button Big Grin

#18 09-07-2011 
It most certainly is! I think it's perfect. Heart

Having a "Leefish Network" banner linked to BLoE as the seventh "creator" would still be nice, but it wouldn't be any more visible than this button. Therefor, I officially retract my suggestion.

#19 09-07-2011 
With you in mind BO (as you have three areas) I have added this extra feature Smile If you look at the screenshot you will see that there is now an option to show ONLY all uploads by a certain user.

#20 09-07-2011 
Well, lookee what we have here... Another brilliant idea I would never have come up with! Marvellous! Heart

This way the BLoE could even replace the "Creators Bar", because it already includes each of the creators Smile

This place is getting better and better all the time Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option